Trundle's pick rate is still only 2%.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

type1Rush

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theras Arkna View Post
-snip Yorick is a zombie.
But his ghouls, particularly his lifesteal one, have a very boney look to them. And what madness is this, Yorick is getting changed 0.0, I got money that says his ghouls get a change to look less boney also..

But its just a conspiracy theory about the Chinese overlords..

Holy Malevolence

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Anyway, to answer your more specific question about trundle.... I just checked the data. While Trundle is not hyper popular, he's hardly unpopular either. Removing any time he was picked during a free to play week, in the past month he was .4% of champion picks globally and .6% of north american picks. The AVERAGE pick rate of a champion is .8%. So while this is less than average popularity, this is still not in the bottom quarter for NA, and is something like 5-10x more popular than before the relaunch. He is a distinct champion who has a playstyle that is not for everyone, but we are fine with that.
Now just imagine what would've happened if instead of murdering and buffing him, you just buffed him.

Think on it for a second.
'Cause such a minor change is something that's bound to be expected with buffs far more minor than the ones you gave 'im. I'm damn sure the kit update is appreciated.

It'd just be better without the personality murder.

Crai Crushna

08-05-2013

Quote:
Excellent idea, but legal already vetoed it.

Couldn't you just make a cliched spiral tower for the pillar, and still give him the wand and stuff? It's not copyright if it doesn't mention the name or likeliness of the characters and Wizard, has been around far longer then Potter.

agbudar

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by doombotMECHA View Post
the problem with trundle is that his jungle concept is to just stay in there and farm, while being diffcult to counterjungle because of his stat-stealing, sustain, zones, and artificial terrain. however, junglers REALLY NEED TO GANK to have a half-decent income.
yow dawg i heard you like counter jungling so we put a counter on counter jungling so you can counter them

Zulgaines

08-05-2013

Quote:
Rumors of Chinese Overlords have been greatly exaggerated.
Don't you mean grorious nippon overroards?

Rogue252

08-05-2013

Quote:
Rumors of Chinese Overlords have been greatly exaggerated. I oversee the game design department, which makes many of the decisions related to champions, and I think my last meaningful interaction with a Tencent executive was about 2 months ago at the all-star game in Shanghai. The topic of our conversation? He mentioned he thought Doublelift was playing really well that day. I agreed. Sounds like a conspiracy.
Can you tell us why skulls are being removed from a NA based game GLOBALLY instead of just in the country that outlaws them then?

FlamingoFondue

08-05-2013

ugly and monster champions are always the least played. People want boobs and badass men.

tailsmph

08-05-2013

In November Trundle will be out 3 years and still not have a new skin
kinda sad

Holy Malevolence

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsmph View Post
In November Trundle will be out 3 years and still not have a new skin
kinda sad
His lack of popularity wasn't due to his fearsome persona.
It was due to excessive neglect.

Rather sad.

Charzin

08-05-2013

Quote:
Excellent idea, but legal already vetoed it.
As a student in Law school, I was wondering: Are Riot's Lawyers LoL players that happen to be Laywers as a profession, or Lawyers that don't even play the game?

If the latter, will you ever have openings for LoL enthusiast Lawyers?