New Item Icons!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotRadioblur

UI Artist

08-05-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuni View Post
Meanwhile, Nome implements Monflair Spellblade which gives resistances(As all swords do!) and has a ranged only tag (Because long-range-sword!) ^^

Don't get me wrong I'm not ranting, I'm just trying to sarcastically point to those inconsistencies. They really bug me - You can look at Thornmail and you'll know what it does:
It's armor, it gives resistances - check
It has thorns, it hurts you when you touch it - check (sorta)
Name and item-design match so well - Why would you break this principle just because you want to recycle an item there?

So, just a humble request: Please not only update the visuals, have an eye on those items which match/don't match their icon and adjust those accordingly.
That's actually a great point. Definitely something to think about going forward. Thanks for the feedback!

Ebonmaw Dragon

08-05-2013

Void Staff needs to be more "Voidlike"

Imagine Malzahar wearing an staff

Economicz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2013

aka china says no moar skulls

Thornmaelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2013

But two books will ALWAYS build into a gun.
If consistency is a goal, it should really only be done with "dead-end" items.

noobstix

08-05-2013

Will they ever answer what everyone is wondering... is it the skulls?

TerraIgnis

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobstix View Post
Will they ever answer what everyone is wondering... is it the skulls?
They won't because that might cause controversy.

Zerglinator

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRadioblur View Post
That's actually a great point. Definitely something to think about going forward. Thanks for the feedback!
On that note kill Last Whisper

Gerrikk

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes Boobs View Post
So then why does Riot not just say that, instead of coming up with bull**** reasons (see his 2nd post in this thread)
Because there is this thing called "tact" and professional/polite people use it.

For instance if your girlfriend gets a new hairdo and you think it looks like **** about the worst you will say is "It's just so different but I'm sure it will grow on me". Absolute truth is not always the right way to go.

Volor Flex

08-05-2013

Well if we're pleasing our chinese overlords can we use the chinese splash arts too? Specifically for Freljord Ashe? Why was that ever changed. The one we have looks like **** compared to that one.

Ravechaosknight

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRadioblur View Post
Actually all of these items were primarily spearheaded by me with some seriously huge assists from all the other departments. There are quite a few Vigil folks around the office, but none of them had much of a hand in this rework pass to my knowledge. That said, we might be seeing some down the road with some of them jumping in for support, just as long as the end result continues to feel distinctly "Riot."
Agreed. I'm happy to see more than just Champs getting VUs, and can't wait to see some of my other favorite items get a new look. I just hope balance considers the effort involved.

Fair thee well Bulwark icon our time was short, but our love is eternal. ;-;