Let's talk about Xerath

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheChaar

08-05-2013

Hello, I am a Xerath player and enjoy him the way he is now. I do not like the idea of a rework where he gets an extreme buff, he is extremely mobile and has insane late game damage, please leave him the way he is. People do not play him because he has too many counters at mid, they do not understand his true power and only play those champs that are extremely overpowered at the moment (like Master Yi and Vayne). Xerath is amazing with those who know how to play him, the way he was made and the way he is should not require you to change him. He is one of the strongest mids in the entire game and does not need a rework. If you rework him more people will play him, which results in more nerfs and people complaining about him. Please Riot, leave him the way he is and dont screw this guy up. Xerath is a sniper with amazing damage output and should be left like that.

Kaixe Rho

08-05-2013

Xelnath...
Come back to us please?
What happened to the perfect storm of xerath updates? We haven't been told a thing in, like, ever.

My Desired Name

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaar View Post
Hello, I am a Xerath player and enjoy him the way he is now. I do not like the idea of a rework where he gets an extreme buff, he is extremely mobile and has insane late game damage, please leave him the way he is. People do not play him because he has too many counters at mid, they do not understand his true power and only play those champs that are extremely overpowered at the moment (like Master Yi and Vayne). Xerath is amazing with those who know how to play him, the way he was made and the way he is should not require you to change him. He is one of the strongest mids in the entire game and does not need a rework. If you rework him more people will play him, which results in more nerfs and people complaining about him. Please Riot, leave him the way he is and dont screw this guy up. Xerath is a sniper with amazing damage output and should be left like that.
I agree with you 100%.

I Surge I

08-05-2013

@Xelnath I hate his root.. I don't know why, it just feels too disruptive... Accidentally hitting it or otherwise... Just, ew.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

08-05-2013
153 of 159 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaixe Rho View Post
Xelnath...
Come back to us please?
What happened to the perfect storm of xerath updates? We haven't been told a thing in, like, ever.
There hasn't been anything to update. He's in health/balance testing now. There's also been a huge shuffling of release dates around, so I don't even have an eta to share.

sleepisdeath

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
There hasn't been anything to update. He's in health/balance testing now. There's also been a huge shuffling of release dates around, so I don't even have an eta to share.
Please tell me that Heimer will be next that will be released.

Chaingrower

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepisdeath View Post
Please tell me that Heimer will be next that will be released.
*Veiny eyes, gray beard* H-how long has it been, sonny? Is it finally time?

Thornmaelstrom

08-05-2013

Quote:
You mentioned before that he's going to get some minor graphic/particle VFX changes and such to shift his image from "lightning mage" to "mana archon", do you think this will be the slowest factor that will determine when Xerath's rework as a whole is completed? You don't have an ETA, but can you guesstimate the proportions with which Xerath's VFX work might push him infront or behind other things in the pipeline?

Also, can you give us a guesstimate what % of work you might have contributed towards Heimerdinger? Apart from the "1 rework/month, no stealing thunder" initiative, is Heimerdinger mostly hung up on balance or art?

Akuni

08-06-2013

Quote:
Thank you for the ever so small update on it nevertheless :3

Shakul Nural

08-06-2013

I think what my concern is for the new kit is how much his abilities broadcasts and how much potential power he might be losing. Is he going to broadcast too much making him easier to juke for enemy champions, and will his mortar AOE ability from his new ultimate be enough to compensate for the loss of his original ultimate and its charges?