Champions That Need Graphic Remakes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RemusNeo

08-04-2013

I would like to see Akali at the graphical level of Katarina, Nida or Diana. At least a nicer effect to the ultimate and when the Q pops on the target after you hit it and a better looking pool would definitely make her 5 times better.

Morgana would need a visual upgrade.

Sivir definitely needs one, she's a nice champ but very few people play her because of the graphics.

Twitch would be nice to have a better look.

Lux could get a prettier face and body.

Caitlyn or Vayne or Ez or Miss Fortune could get a small one as well after the ones that really need it.

Taric could be more fabulous.

Schnitzelman really needs one asap as well. =)

And I want to know around how much time is needed to rework a champ if BroDude can answer this, are you playing with the old texture and modifying it or are you changing everything like making a new champion and not even working with the old texture? The "ugly" champions really need to get a VU, it starts to look like a hybrid of a new and old game when you have a new champion and an old champion on the same lane, like in WOW where you meet a dwarf with a worgen or a panda! xD

Riot DudeBro

VFX Artist

08-05-2013
13 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemusNeo View Post
And I want to know around how much time is needed to rework a champ if BroDude can answer this, are you playing with the old texture and modifying it or are you changing everything like making a new champion and not even working with the old texture? The "ugly" champions really need to get a VU, it starts to look like a hybrid of a new and old game when you have a new champion and an old champion on the same lane, like in WOW where you meet a dwarf with a worgen or a panda! xD
On a true Rework/Reluanch- we throw away almost everything and recreate it with a fresh model,higher fidelity textures, better rigs, cleaner scripts(on the backend), updated vfx, new animations, beefier sounds, and a brand new voice over. It's partly why we need time to work on this stuff since we are making it from scratch. We try to make it match the quality and scope of a newly released champ.

Da Ganzi

08-05-2013

Do you guys ever simply update VFX on champs without doing entire reworks. Kog'maw in particular could be a lot better if his abilities (his E especially ) had some texture to them. Or is he on the list to have an entire rework?

exelsis xax

08-05-2013

sooo... how high is mord on the list?

Corvic Maractis

08-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Ganzi View Post
Do you guys ever simply update VFX on champs without doing entire reworks. Kog'maw in particular could be a lot better if his abilities (his E especially ) had some texture to them. Or is he on the list to have an entire rework?

Would like to know this as i am starting to appreciate the Maw and since most of my mains are getting reworked and i dont want to lose another that i just started to get decent with.

LaxIsBack

08-05-2013

i cant wait to see what you have prepared for jax in the future

Attachment 750371

Maldav

08-05-2013

Ryze! One on my favorite champs and he walks like he "stuck that scroll.... somewhere safe" His Halloween skin looks incredible! If they took all of his pirate clothes and fitted him with the classic clothes, that would be how Ryze should look.

El Dez

08-05-2013

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this already, but when you inevitably visually update Nasus will you keep his old voice over?

Alternatively, when you visually update Nasus keep his old voice over.

Estred Shantile

08-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuneKatashima View Post
Shyvana's original splash art is completely terrible. Needs a rework. I'm willing to put two votes on this because it's not in-game (but still a graphic remake).

Then fiddle and sivir because of everyone above me.
I agree about Shyv's classic art. It doesn't convey the majesty or power of a Half-Dragon especially after the whole comic we got about her.

Ones that need model updates are
Sivir
Ezreal
Fiddlesticks

All 3 of them have old-models that are a bit stiff.

Oathsbane

08-06-2013

1. Taric. Pizza feet and hits his face every time he takes a step.

2. Sivir

3. Pantheon