[Guide] Nasus: Enter Sandman

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TriniSlayer

11-10-2010

get ageis of legion on nasus...always....else evil shall befall thee

Merich

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2010

Bump

FABIOForever

11-11-2010

Yeah even for a dps build there are some issues here.

Flat armor pen is better. The difference it will make early on when everyone has low armor is huge. The slight advantage the per level runes will eventually get over the flats does not keep pace with everyone's armor increase over the game.

Why black cleaver? Without any attack speed items black cleaver just takes way too long to apply max stacks. If you're relying on siphon strike you could almost just get a second BF sword.

Nasus does not need fortify's help last hitting minions with siphon strike.

Scapegoat7

11-11-2010

Good first build. You need to refine your method. I wish some people would give some more constructive feedback rather than just saying you're an idiot...

TecDragon

11-11-2010

This guide is actually well thought out, the funny thing is I have actually been in game with this person. His Nasus builds, at least the one I saw was incredible. I will definitely try this out in game and appreciate you posting your guide.

Remember some of us find pubstomping a whole lot of fun, and ranked a whole lot of boring. I think this guide will be alot of fun for the stomping grounds. Can't speak for high elo ranked matches.

VICTORI0US

11-11-2010

I own Nasus but have never tried him, I was looking through the guides and this one fits my play style. I tried this and it totally owned, the opposing team was saying Nasus is OP. Made me laugh alot as people simply melted away as I rampaged through them. Thank you Merich for sharing your experience. This is totally viable in my opinion, people who don't see it coming are doomed by it as they expect a certain kind of Nasus the run of the mill tank. This Nasus is a destroyer.

Raykuue

11-11-2010

This holds weight like any other guide for support tank. Like Morgana, Malphite, Alistar, Singed, Udyr.... You can build them as straight tank and people laugh at the beginning of the game, then cry at the end, or you can build as damage dealers and they confuse the heck outta people because you just walloped them.

Nasus is simply the same, and with the items chosen, can play pretty synergistic with most teams, esp with a jungler, having an open lane. It is true that Nasus probably holds a top title for his 2v1 abilities, even though there are other options. By placing Nasus out of his route style, it's quite difficult to gauge his abilities. Little is ... 'felt' about how Nasus grows with items. I say 'felt' because numbers out of game is nothing like playing in game. No one figures attack damage against defense plus magic damage plus resist and attack-speed ratio to see how fast the bugger can kill you. If you do... you're thinking too much and need to feel the game, because those 15 seconds figuring it out has just pushed a tower down or killed an ally. Seeing Nasus with a bloodthirster or black cleaver is shocking, esp. when you get a gray screen and are yelling that their carry killed you and Nasus last hit, when in fact, when looking at death stats Nasus pulled off 75% of your life in 2.5 seconds... without his ulti.

The guide in general is great for first-time. Could use more strategy and thinking behind items, but if people just parse through gameplay in their minds, this works well.

Ayrd

11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsmith893 View Post
You can drop chalice of harmony by simply runing for mp regen, this frees up a valuable spot for another item.

Also you said it best...

" This is an amazing ultimate. You do better when surrounded, but be careful if your enemies are smart they will focus you in a team fight. This is good and bad. Good because you can further protect your squishies; bad because you will most likely die in team fights."

You will most likely die in team fights building nasus for dps, this is why the tank build is far more viable than the dps build. Your ultimate is usually the primary reason you play nasus, to overcome hp tanks, so the longer you stay alive in team fights the better.
I wouldn't drop chalice. It not only adds mana regen, it also adds some much needed magic resist.

Scapegoat7

11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrd View Post
I wouldn't drop chalice. It not only adds mana regen, it also adds some much needed magic resist.
I agree keep the chalice. Also, I agree with TriniSlayer get Aegis. It will help you out a lot.

atsmith893

11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrd View Post
Chalice is absolutely not needed for mana regen, running 9/0/21 or 0/9/21 and runing for mana regen it is not needed. There are much more effective magic resist items available if you need magic resist. And again you do not need mana regen items as nasus, even solo 1v2 lane. As nasus I can literally spam spirit fire, wither, and siphoning strike, every minion wave and be at full mana for the next wave. If you need more mana regen than that then something is truly wrong.

P.S. I find it absolutely amazing that all of the logical posts on here saying nasus should be tanky not dps are getting negative votes... Amazing everyone thinks a dead DPS nasus in team fights is more valuable than a tanky one who is still alive with his ult active... just amazing...