"Server" Merge EU/US

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Miiu

Adjudicator

11-07-2010

First of all I'm aware I wrote this in another thread already but this thread was aimed at account migration which is not what I have in mind.

Friend of mine is bugging me for quite a while to join the EU server because he wants to have a lower ping. But after all the work and money I have put into this account, its way to frustrating making the switch and starting from scratch.

So my suggestion would be a server merge in terms of accounts. Which would mean that players keep the stuff they earned, the friends they added etc. and give players the opportunity to choose before matchmaking wether they want to queue for EU or US.

Pissfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2010

Or we could even make it so that when you sign in, you sign into the given server. However, is there a difference in patching/free champs on the two servers where syncing up would be an issue? And would this actually be a good way to help game uptime by being able to sign onto a server that's not down?

GenreMX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2010

This sounds like a great idea.

Warwolf One

11-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miiu View Post
First of all I'm aware I wrote this in another thread already but this thread was aimed at account migration which is not what I have in mind.

Friend of mine is bugging me for quite a while to join the EU server because he wants to have a lower ping. But after all the work and money I have put into this account, its way to frustrating making the switch and starting from scratch.

So my suggestion would be a server merge in terms of accounts. Which would mean that players keep the stuff they earned, the friends they added etc. and give players the opportunity to choose before matchmaking wether they want to queue for EU or US.
Yes please! I'm also stuck on the US and ... well, I made a ticket, and all I've got is "We don't plan on doing it in the near future".

So, im supposed to pay for my skins again and etc etc.. :<

InvinceZ

11-09-2010

we need a worldwide server, just like the new NFS world.

MagpieManny

11-10-2010

Hear our plea riot! HEAR IT!

Perilya

11-10-2010

Aren't there enough bigots complaining about people who do not speak english on the US servers already. Imagine if it were world wide......... There would be people speaking every language in the world and almost every game would have multiple languages. Some people would not cope at all.

Of course a 'server select' option would fix this.

Miiu

Adjudicator

11-11-2010

Thats why I said that people can still choose the server they want to queue for. So EU people can go onto the EU server and US people on the US. Or if you have US/EU friends you go with them on their server.

Sure there are currently some players who complain about non english speaking players. But its not like people in the EU aren't able to speak it. And my guess is that those people from the EU who can't speak english will stay on the EU server just because of the ping.

EntropyKC

11-11-2010

Agree. Same problem: my brothers started when there was no EU server and I joined them. It should just automatically assign you to the closest geographic server, of course this would mean that the EU and US servers would have to be updated simultaneously for a seamless system.

Dacow1707

11-12-2010

make account transfer possible.

12345 ... 6