[Guide] Durasticks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NickPham

11-04-2010

I love the build. I've been considering running something like this after I found out that all I needed was terrify to be useful. CDR is definitely the first priority for fiddle.

Dahras

11-04-2010

I am impressed. A cool, logical, quick playstyle guide with all I need know about fiddle in basically 500 words. You, sir, earn a +1 for efficiency and accuracy.

Amaterasuomikami

11-04-2010

If you want to make a much more durable Fiddle you NEED Spirit Visige.

Not only does it improve his heal drastically vs AP [atleast midgame] it gives him more regen

Magic Resist

and health

All around a good choice on him

Pterodactyl Beam

11-05-2010

Dont jungle with him at first, go solo lane or with a person, and kill anyone that comes. Sticks is one of the most capable, if not THE most capable of first blood and beginning kills. This will piss them off, level you up, and get the dark wind up faster, along with the other skills. Start with doran's ring. I was playing against real noobs so i ended up even getting frozen heart for cdr+99 armor. Whatever you prefer but stick to the guidelines and don't try to max out your drain, you will fail and fall behind.

Pterodactyl Beam

11-05-2010

^^ Sorry for double post, but for those following that advice ^^ (not jungling)
Gearizzles tacticss:
1. Start with dorans, and run up top or wherevs and start killing, make sure you get that dark wind right away!(you obv start with drain though) **Higher dark wind = higher pay $$
2. Sit there and rack up kills as long as you like, but the next item whenever you want is Sorc boots
dont ask why, just do it.
3. I ended up getting Rod of Ages; it is good for survivability and a mana boost to make you a more efficient farmer and pk'er. And since this thread is about hating on ability power, well this gives that unimportant ap power which still helps at this point.
4. My game was ending very quickly due to my awesomeness; I got frozen heart, that one lion prerequisite before it though since i didnt have the 3k.

I love your guide btw, focusing on speed more than power, (which fidd obviously has wayy too much of to begin the game with) is a great concept for him and works out amazing. And getting the dark wind for farming is amazing! +999999999 to you my good sir!
Side Note: My first time doing this build in 5v5 solo (the one from this very post), i went 12 kills, 2 deaths, and 4 assists. Amazing sexiness, and only level 6* :P

Polymath

11-05-2010

Is Crow Storm interruptible? If so, why not Banshee's Veil?

Pterodactyl Beam

11-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VorLord View Post
Is Crow Storm interruptible? If so, why not Banshee's Veil?
Yes, but crowstorms are usually unexpected ganks and you don't use it THAT much, for the killing power of the other skills are amazing. But I guess if you planned on using it a lot*.

But you will not be using it much and most items are better all around. I'd rather focus on survivability, CDR, or anything rather than focusing on keeping my once in a while ult from being interrupted. Up to you.

Polymath

11-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl Beam View Post
Yes, but crowstorms are usually unexpected ganks and you don't use it THAT much, for the killing power of the other skills are amazing. But I guess if you planned on using it a lot*.

But you will not be using it much and most items are better all around. I'd rather focus on survivability, CDR, or anything rather than focusing on keeping my once in a while ult from being interrupted. Up to you.
Well, I mean, Banshees is a nice survivability item against AP teams too. That's (partly) why I brought it up. Health and MR.

Pterodactyl Beam

11-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VorLord View Post
Well, I mean, Banshees is a nice survivability item against AP teams too. That's (partly) why I brought it up. Health and MR.
Well i guess i wouldn't do what i say since I'm only level 7 and been playing maybe 3 days. Which is a paradoxial tip because you do what i say either way now. lol.... but yea.
It all depends. In many different cases you can switch up and change many different gear slots.

Pterodactyl Beam

11-05-2010

Now to mention it man.... it is VERY annoying getting my crowstorm interrupted >:[
get banchee mid-late game if you think it's worth it. After frozen heart.