League of Legends Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teirdome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by redit View Post
It is a unique passive each champion has, like Annie's Pyromania. It cannot be leveled but it either scales automatically (like Annie's Pyromania) or levels automatically (like the old Soraka's passive did).
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Giandris

07-23-2009

How do you self target?

Is there feature to press key and target the other champions on your team?

Baby Pigeon

07-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Destroying enemy turrets gives your entire team gold and experience,
even if dead, so try to help your team destroy turrets as quickly as you
can.
The benefits of destroying an enemy turret quickly may not always be the best situation; if you're already winning in your lane, you should have some kind of distinct advantage over the apposing champion. Pulling of a solo kill or an assisted kill outside of the opposing tower's range shouldn't be an issue if this is the case. Killing the tower itself does open up alternative gank paths/escape routes, but it also loses the momentum of lane control.

You as the turret destroyer, have to push deeper into the lane to farm, open yourself to more vulnerabilities from champions while doing so, and the defense of your tower being up and there's not will ensure that your lane will naturally push itself towards their base.

Leaving the turret up however, allows you to farm a lane with a little more safety as you're able to do it within closer range of your turret; which can also assist in a bait gank.

This may not always be the case, as if you're in a match up with a lot of heros that are stronger mid and early game, you're probable strategy is to apply as much pressure early on to ensure a victory.

Be Nice Eric

07-25-2009

Thank you. Saving this for clan members once release happens.

Lord Thanatos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2009

Two questions:

Is there ANY way you can deny a creep or tower?

How can you control the champion of a leaver (for example..make him go BACK to base)

Rykon

07-26-2009

thank you for these first tips i just got my key (can't wait for the weekend) and i was worried about noobing up my first 10ish games when getting use to the differences from DotA to LoL but these first few posts have helped me get a bit more of a understanding.

subzerox

07-28-2009

These are some nice tips because I am still trying to get use to this game. I haven't played DOTA in ages and this is a wonderful game so far. Keep the tips coming!

Loony

07-29-2009

oh I have been trying to figure out if theres a hotkey to target a spell on yourself? Ex. Zileans ult or Morgana's shield.. holding alt+R to quickly put it on yourself or something?

Tipme

08-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giandris View Post
How do you self target?

Is there feature to press key and target the other champions on your team?
I just recently learned this myself.

Space Bar to put Camera on your hero immediately.

Dunno about hotkeying other heroes

popo

08-08-2009

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but is there a way to pan the camera? I'm thinking spinning it while focused on my champ so I can see from a different angle.

Otherwise I've been loving my beta experience and as a fairly old fan of war3 and dota, LoL is exactly the game I want to be playing. Thanks Riot, you guys are rooting me securely in front of my comp!