@Morello: About Fiora

First Riot Post
123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CinderDragon77

06-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We don't have specific plans right now, but only due to workload. Some of our work on Yi will likely inform our work on Fiora (plus I still want something sexy for Riposte), but it's not our top priority currently.
Hoping the Heimerdinger rework is a top priority now, would be great to finally have him usable again!

Arafotab

06-11-2013

Quote:
We don't have specific plans right now, but only due to workload. Some of our work on Yi will likely inform our work on Fiora (plus I still want something sexy for Riposte), but it's not our top priority currently.
She actually doesn't seem anything like Master Yi

She has very good AD scalings, almost like an assassin. Her steroid isn't really that useful for autoattacking someone to death like Master Yi, either. It just seems like it's there to add onto her burst.

While Master Yi is more useful in taking down towers+objectives and dueling people 1v1, Fiora is mainly best at bursting someone to death before they even get a chance to react

She's similar to Zed, Kha'zix, and Talon, except they do the job better due to having CC and an escape

AlexanderNVV

06-11-2013

Quote:
No offense, but I really hope the coming gameplay improvements on Master Yi will be more significant than those teeny buffs like MP cost reduction on Alpha Strike and increasing the duration of his ult at lower levels.

Not saying those buffs were bad though..

Netteh

06-11-2013

what do you guys think about fiora in the jungle?

Busty Demoness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2013

Quote:
A lot of it really is about Melee ADC qualities overall, which is a hard conversation to have as its little to do with her current stuff and more to do with "how do we make this work"?

She'd have the same skills, but power budget would be modified. Again, I do want to make Riposte way better.
I feel like Riposte is one of her stronger skills, especially during early game. That said, I do have an idea on making it scale more into late-game while nerfing its early-game strength.

Simply make it reflect a portion of the enemy's total AD (plus a base damage) when an enemy lands an auto attack on her.

This would balance her much more in favor of dealing with AA-based champions and grant the skill actual scaling (since Fiora never builds AP and won't improve itself through its passive).

Kr1sys

06-11-2013

Quote:
A lot of it really is about Melee ADC qualities overall, which is a hard conversation to have as its little to do with her current stuff and more to do with "how do we make this work"?

She'd have the same skills, but power budget would be modified. Again, I do want to make Riposte way better.
Maybe it would be a bit about her sustain being super ****ty considering she has to be engaged with something in order to get. GP can just eat oranges, Yi meditates, Fiora has to engage the enemy to get hp5.

Busty Demoness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neteru II View Post
what do you guys think about fiora in the jungle?
Currently, not viable, but it's something that can be done.

Morello

Lead Designer

06-11-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busty Demoness View Post
It's not that she's bad, she just has a very small niche right now due to the meta and her high skill floor.
Yep. It's more noise tan truth that Fiora's bad. If you're sub-plat, play Fiora and win all you'd like.

This is more about improving the character, not buffing it. There's different levels of depth to the work and design for those.

Morello

Lead Designer

06-11-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderDragon77 View Post
Hoping the Heimerdinger rework is a top priority now, would be great to finally have him usable again!
As far as design-driven total reworks, yes he is.

Netteh

06-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busty Demoness View Post
Currently, not viable, but it's something that can be done.
I've been trying to find a way to do it using lifesteal runes + masteries (9% lifesteal) and her burst of speed, but jungle Irelia is still much better than Fiora in that regard :/

123456 ... 9