Frequently Asked Questions or Mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PiousFlea

The Council

08-06-2009

Awesome post, deserves a sticky.

Lexingtons

Adjudicator

08-06-2009

Bumping a good post

Wayacrucis

08-07-2009

I have a question in regards to unique passive abilities. Can two DIFFERENT unique passive abilites stack? for example one derived from boots and the other from a weapon. I am asking this question, because some recommended builds for certain heros engage multiple items that contain unique passive abilites.

bountardos

08-07-2009

I believe they stack cause they aren't the same actually.

Stumpster

Adjudicator

08-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayacrucis View Post
I have a question in regards to unique passive abilities. Can two DIFFERENT unique passive abilites stack? for example one derived from boots and the other from a weapon. I am asking this question, because some recommended builds for certain heros engage multiple items that contain unique passive abilites.
Two unique abilities that come from two different items do stack. (Note: Exception here is Lich Bane and Sheen, possibly Tear of the Goddess and Archbishop's Staff). For instance, if you got Stinger (UNIQUE: Reduces cooldowns by 10%) and Fiendish Codex (UNIQUE: Reduces cooldowns by 10%) you'd have a 20% cooldown reduction.

EDIT: Forgot to note that the Unique on all the different kinds of boots doesn't stack. Even though they are different items, you can only be affected by Movement 1/2/3 once.

Harkonis

08-07-2009

Tear and Archbishop Staff definitely don't stack, tested that earlier today.

Stumpster

Adjudicator

08-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpster View Post
Actually, with both Tiamat and Ricochet because the bounces do a percentage of what the first enemy was hit with, critical hits cause more damage. With Spray and Pray, everything seems to work with each hit. Tested with Black Cleaver, and each enemy that was hit had reduced armor.
Well, that totally was incorrect. Just tested with Sivir, and the Ricochet gains no extra damage from hitting the first target with a critical strike. Turns out that it does a percentage of your attack damage, not a percentage of what the first target was dealt. This means that if you hit an armored Rammus for 40 and your attack power is 100, the first bounce will still deal ~70. I think.

slackgen

08-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpster View Post

Q: How do movement modifiers work? (Credit to Larias)

A: First, you have your base movement of say 300. You add boots first, always boots first, so if you have boots added - Boots 1 give a flat 50 movement, boots 2 give a flat 70 movement, boots 3 give a flat 90 movement.

Let's say you get boots 2. That's 370 movement. Then, you get 35% movement speed buff from items or runes or masteries or buffs: that 370 is multipled by 1.35, or 499.5 movement speed. If this is the only thing affecting your movement speed, the diminishing returns formula kicks in.

Now, let's say you get slowed by 38% (ashe arrows). What happens is the ORIGINAL 499.5 is multipled by .62, and you get 309.69 movement speed. Because 309 is not above or below dimineshing returns, you stay at that speed.

Your movement speed calculations are slightly off just wanted to point that out. That 35% should be multiplied as .35 not 1.35

Stumpster

Adjudicator

08-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackgen View Post
Your movement speed calculations are slightly off just wanted to point that out. That 35% should be multiplied as .35 not 1.35
No, that calculation is correct. With a 35% move speed buff, you are moving 135% of your standard speed.

slackgen

08-07-2009

Yeah sorry, tired and did it as (370*.35)+370 = final movement speed. not sleeping makes you do funny things.