The more I play Mundo...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karrot

12-09-2009

The more I realize that, while not a DPS champion, he still does great damage. I've think of him as the only sustained damage champion. While lacking in burst damage, he more than makes up for it (imo) with the combination of damage and survivability.

That is to say, it's very hard to kill Mundo (and if the enemy team focuses Mundo first, they're probably going to lose that fight.) But, in tandem with the reduced crowd control from his W skill, he can still kill opposing squishies very easily, while simultaneously making it much more difficult for them to attacking yours (by slowing them with cleavers.)

To be fair, this is more of an observation regarding Mundo with my build. I've seen some DPS Mundo builds, but have yet to see them succeed. If anyone's actually gotten a good attack speed Mundo going, that would probably be a different story.

Anony

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
The more I realize that, while not a DPS champion, he still does great damage. I've think of him as the only sustained damage champion. While lacking in burst damage, he more than makes up for it (imo) with the combination of damage and survivability.

That is to say, it's very hard to kill Mundo (and if the enemy team focuses Mundo first, they're probably going to lose that fight.) But, in tandem with the reduced crowd control from his W skill, he can still kill opposing squishies very easily, while simultaneously making it much more difficult for them to attacking yours (by slowing them with cleavers.)

To be fair, this is more of an observation regarding Mundo with my build. I've seen some DPS Mundo builds, but have yet to see them succeed. If anyone's actually gotten a good attack speed Mundo going, that would probably be a different story.

Crit Damage Runes.

Stack Avarice Blades.

Max Masochism.

40% crit chance, level 9, 250% crit damage, 150ish attack.

Gank

Kill

???

Proffit.

Karrot

12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anony View Post
40% crit chance, level 9, 250% crit damage, 150ish attack.
So I hear. I still prefer stacking hp, then just running people down. It always cracks me up to know that there's literally nothing they can do about it.

IS138d309a4fea569e777b5

12-09-2009

Warmogs, Attack speed boots, last whisper, atma's

hitting for 200 per hit easy, with last whisper attack speed boost and armor penetration. add in a frozen mallet and it's gege. black cleaver for cleaver synergy

mundo is just awesome and while he doesn't fit the metagame he provides a great alternate playstyle to a lot of other champs with the way he plays imho

Janna Windforce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2009

Early-game mundo hits like a freight train. Seeing furor/parrlay numbers out of masochism during the laning phase. Once you get past that I haven't seen anything worthwhile come out of him. The only games I've ever lost to Mundo were games that ended too quickly for his damage to fade away into obscurity.

Landa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2009

I still think Cho does a better job at tanking, babysitting and killing squishies (1k combo)

inept

12-09-2009

probably because cho is unkillable at 6 feasts with the defensive/low utility masteries and HP or armor runes

Arthas Menethil

12-09-2009

I once got my Mundo fed and then hit 472 damage in items.

No BS.

+ Masochism, 562: chop, chop, chop! CRIT, CRIT, 3 crits to squish their carry.

Village Idiot

12-09-2009

One reason why I love Executioner's Calling and Bloodrazer VS a Mundo player.

IS138d309a4fea569e777b5

12-09-2009

Executioner's Calling vs. Mundo ult is pretty gay actually. Doesn't work on lifesteal or regeneration, seems weird it specifically counters Mundo.