Found the Solution for FPS Lag

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ranger052

05-05-2013

Hi guys,

This is my setup:
iMac 2012 27"
1TB Fusion Drive
i7 3.4
16 GB Ram
Nvidia 680MX 2GB

Macbook pro Retina 15"
SSD
i7 2.4
8GB Ram
Nvidia 650 1GB

I dont know if this have been posted already or not, I am posting it because I want to help my Mac friends

Here is what I did:

on both of my macs I am running the game at highest resolution and highest settings and here is the trick, set Vsync off and set FPS to benchmark, then close the game completely and open it again and see the difference

Now I am getting 80+ FPS in all game. 0 lag and 0 FPS drops.

eversonsa

05-09-2013

One game log, I started a custom game alone. Played with zigs and got killed by a turret because the network freeze and when it get back I was already dead.

Repti1ian

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger052 View Post
Hi guys,

This is my setup:
iMac 2012 27"
1TB Fusion Drive
i7 3.4
16 GB Ram
Nvidia 680MX 2GB

Macbook pro Retina 15"
SSD
i7 2.4
8GB Ram
Nvidia 650 1GB

I dont know if this have been posted already or not, I am posting it because I want to help my Mac friends

Here is what I did:

on both of my macs I am running the game at highest resolution and highest settings and here is the trick, set Vsync off and set FPS to benchmark, then close the game completely and open it again and see the difference

Now I am getting 80+ FPS in all game. 0 lag and 0 FPS drops.
I'm on a Macbook Pro 15" (the one relased a few months before retina came out) and before doing this i was getting ~60 FPS with drops to ~20 FPS throughout the game. Now I'm always around 200 FPS.

I wanted to let everyone know that this worked for me flawlessly and solved my mouse problems too. Thank you very much for posting this solution.

Duotriophobic

05-10-2013

I tried this, and while it makes my FPS triple, turning the vertical sync off makes my mouse less sensitive. Quite frustrating when there's like a tenth of a second delay while trying to target something. Perhaps that's just a problem I'm having though. Cheers man!

Dataslave

Adjudicator

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duotriophobic View Post
I tried this, and while it makes my FPS triple, turning the vertical sync off makes my mouse less sensitive. Quite frustrating when there's like a tenth of a second delay while trying to target something. Perhaps that's just a problem I'm having though. Cheers man!
When vsync is off, a new mouse sensitivity option appears under more options, allowing you to use the software mouse rather than the is hardware mouse.

I've never heard of the software mouse having a click delay though.

MrAsianHair

05-11-2013

Thanks OP. This solved my FPS lag problems. +1

ranger052

05-12-2013

I am glad this help you guys

Repti1ian

05-13-2013

I was wondering, do you guys have software mouse checked on or off?

OneDayZero

05-15-2013

This worked great for me too. =)

I'm on a MacBook Pro, 13-inch, Mid 2010 model
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
Software OS X 10.8.3

I went from an average of 12-20 FPS to 40-70 FPS. All I did was uncheck Vertical Sync and FPS setting to Benchmark. =)

THANKS THANKS THANKS! I have LoL on my PC at home but it's nice to be able to play on my laptop when I have the time.

ranger052

05-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repti1ian View Post
I was wondering, do you guys have software mouse checked on or off?
I am not sure, let me check and I let you know.

Also I am using a Logitech G700 Mouse with the software it came with and so far it work perfect with LoL and to be honest I havent touch the mouse settings, Thats why I am not sure jejeje