Tryndamere + Avarice Blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dombi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2009

I have noticed alot of Tryndameres getting three Avarice Blades for their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th items. I am assuming because with three you get 15 gold every 10 seconds.

I was wondering what people thought of it and does it make economic sense.

My math goes:

1 blade = 750g

5g*6= 30g a min. (5g per 10 sec., 6 10 sec increments in a min.)

750g/30g a min. = 25 min.

so you need to hold on to the blade for 25 min. in order to see a profit. My math could be garbage though.

This also doesn't factor in the + passive crit. I understand.

agree/disagree? go

MammothWaffle

Adjudicator

12-08-2009

Its all about the crit chance. The gold is just a perk!

AFKray

12-08-2009

Tryndamere's main stat is crit. He also needs to get his IE ASAP to really start pwning face. Most games last longer than 25 min. I usually get 1 or even 2 avarices quite fast. It's also a great way to keep your income going to get to that necessary "late game" status when ur getting bogged down, or having to rove as a 5 man etc.

I usually go for 2, simply because of the crit though tbh. The gold is really a perk and helps if the game drags to 30-40 or so minutes, cuz then you're really making the cash. Oh a side note, I always get one in my 1st slot (gloves of crit as first item) because I like to sell that for a Quicksilver later on, that way I can have it bound to 1 instead of 6. boo finger reaching! (yes i know you can rebind keys but i'm lazy).

Ligr

12-08-2009

It's semi-good. It's mostly the crit chance that is used, the bonus gold being a bonus. Trynd lives off crit chance, being able to farm through faster kills, heal himself, and kill enemies with crit chance. Besides, he needs that IE, and the avarice blades help to get it.

FearsomeFunk

12-08-2009

Just like some of the others have said, Tryndamere benefits from that 18% crit per Averice Blade MASSIVELY (esp early game!). The gp5 just lets you get your other items that much faster!

Darth Elijah

12-08-2009

here's the way i see it. if i wanted to get crit, spend an extra 130 for the cloaks right? but 36% crit for 2250, and now knowing i'll probably hold on to them for at least ~30 minutes, i've made my gold back. plus i got 36% crit for free for that amount of time. and any extra time after 25 minutes is just free money.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-08-2009

The reason is mostly for cheap crit chance early on in the game. The gold bonus just reduces the price even further, in the end.

Eggs

12-08-2009

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Gold bonus is a Unique.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ead.php?t=3287

So essentially, even if you have 3 avarice blades, you should only be receiving an extra 5 gold every 10 seconds.

The gain that you get is just the crit. percentage. It does not stack additively. If you started the game with no chance of crits, this is how I believe it would be calculated...

First blade gives you a 12% chance.
Blade 2 gives you .12 + .88*.12 = .2256
Blade 3 gives you .12 + 0.1056 + .12*.76=0.3168

So 3 blades gives you about a 1/3 chance of crits.
More info is available at the post provided.

Jazzminkey

12-08-2009

False. GPS items do stack.

MrScrub

12-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dombi View Post
I have noticed alot of Tryndameres getting three Avarice Blades for their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th items. I am assuming because with three you get 15 gold every 10 seconds.

I was wondering what people thought of it and does it make economic sense.

My math goes:

1 blade = 750g

5g*6= 30g a min. (5g per 10 sec., 6 10 sec increments in a min.)

750g/30g a min. = 25 min.

so you need to hold on to the blade for 25 min. in order to see a profit. My math could be garbage though.

This also doesn't factor in the + passive crit. I understand.

agree/disagree? go
Avarice build sucks. period.