An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KING JEVIN

05-08-2013

Muy interesante

AeonOfDarkness

05-08-2013

Inb4 the depicted is actually a summoned creature, with little to no information on the summoner.

Shunkwugga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1ghtwing View Post
Ezreal has probably been summoned to Summoners Rift guys give him some time.
I'm wondering how that actually works. Do they know about it or is it just something that happens? I would hate to be going to the bathroom or sitting down to a nice dinner when suddenly I'm thrown into one of the fields of justice to settle a dispute between summoners and pizza toppings.

cube4wizards

05-08-2013

Sir Ezreal,

Normally I would remain silent on an issue such as this, but you have requested assistance, and I shall convey my opinions. First, you have proven, beyond a doubt, that this dark figure appears in the history of many different cultures during many different time periods. Each civilization this figure has appeared to seems to revere him as a hero, but he remains an enigma to all of them. I would naturally believe this to be a shade of the Shadow Isles, but this figure has assisted many living beings in war, and as such, I cannot immediately assume that the Isles are his origin.

Also, this being does not appear to be from the Void. All void creatures we have knowledge of thus far are not humanoid. It could be a man who had contact with the void, in the same manner as Malzahar or Kassadin, but I find this too, to be unlikely. From the information you have gathered, we cannot guess this being's origin.

However, we do know that this being appears during war. It seems to always appear to the losing side, as depicted in the book of Noxian stories, and the stories that go along with your urn and bone knife. The pattern appears to be deliberate. This being appears to hopeless men, and gives them victory. If this victory has a price, we do not yet have the ability to deduce it. Regardless, this figure appears to act as an Arbiter of some sort. It single handedly decides who wins or loses a battle.

However, the manner in which victory is won is puzzling. This figure appears to dying armies, and its mere presence is enough to spur helpless men into killing machines. In a sense, the warriors who were on the verge of losing seemingly become enraged. Possibly even enough to become immortal for a time.

This effect seems similar to a technique used by the Avarosan's own Tyndramere. The Barbarian King also has a well documented encounter with a figure that sounds similar to the one you are researching. The League's records of Tyndramere's battle describes a shadowy figure holding a large blade who turned the tides of battle against Tyndramere and his tribe. However, unlike the other stories you have told, the shadowy figure, assuming it is the same as the one you are looking into, left a survivor. In fact, when Tyndrmere gave into his rage, the figure "gave a knowing smile." Rage seems to be a recurring theme with this shadowy figure.

However, this figure appears to be selective in its battles. Though it has appeared twice in Freljord recently, during Tyndramere's encounter and the one you described earlier, this figure has not appeared during any of the recent battles between Demacia and Noxus nor the Rune Wars. If the being's pattern held true, then it should have appeared to Riven while she and her warriors were surrounded by the Demacian army. The fact that this being did not appear suggests that it has some larger scheme, and the battles it appears in are part of a larger set of machinations.

Unfortunately, Sir Ezreal, that is all the analysis I can offer with your current information. I hope you keep up your search, as this being may leave a larger mark on history than we currently know. And as for the picture you have showing two monks worshiping the figure's statue, I have no explanation. Perhaps they admired the figure because he was a war hero? Perhaps the figure was once an actual king? It this figure were, at one time, royalty, it would explain the coins that are stamped with the image of his blade, as well as the medal that is marked with his face.

Rule out the impossible, Sir, and whatever remains, however improbable, must be true. I will contact you again should anything more be discovered. Safe travels.

Your enigmatic scientist
Cube4

Raíne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

It appears that this dark god guy shows up around important battles and completely turns the tides around, and it seems that there's gonna be one hell of a showdown up north in Freljord pretty soon...

My bet is he's gonna make an appearance....

And i definitely don't want to be anywhere near when he does...

NoGoodIGNLeft

05-08-2013

It's kayle brother...that was never mentioned before.

Auryiel

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrononumberXIII View Post
Since when was Lux anime inspired?
You're joking, right?

Shurelia basically designed her wanting to bring a Touhou character into League

EDIT: To anyone who would say Touhou is not an anime... Well, yeah, it's not but to the common guy, it pretty much IS, so I don't see the point in making the distinction.

Grizzlier

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
This figure has appeared throughout history and all across Runeterra. I get the feeling he's not something that crawled out of that awful hole, but something that's been around much, much longer.
Since he's been around for a long time how about asking the person who I don't know SEES THE PAST. Zilean is a chill guy, he likes to get down and groovy. If not him someone previously mentioned Galio. I mean he was an ancient statue, maybe he knows the people in the ancient statue community. Finally this guy might not be the most stable to talk to but xerath is a survivor of the Shurima civilization where this being had influence.

ReignOfMagic

05-08-2013

IT IS BATMAN! It could be just me, but if Batman had a sword, it would have unusual curvatures and designs on it.

Judge Arcadia

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunkwugga View Post
I'm wondering how that actually works. Do they know about it or is it just something that happens? I would hate to be going to the bathroom or sitting down to a nice dinner when suddenly I'm thrown into one of the fields of justice to settle a dispute between summoners and pizza toppings.
I would assume it just happens, look in Nasus' and Renekton's Lore. Nasus just kinda poofed before he could put his brother out of his misery. And it pissed him off.