An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Breakstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
That's all I've collected so far. So… what do you think? Who is this figure, and what does his presence mean?

I know one thing: I never want to meet him…
I think we summoners all feel the same way.

But I have this nagging suspicion none of us will be so lucky.

Jack Haruka

05-08-2013

...Come to think of it, wouldn't Hecarim know something about this? Or Karthus? Neither are exactly approachable, but the former's all about war, and the latter's, well, kind of about death, both of which seem up this figure's alley.

Derphin

05-08-2013

Quote:
A great warrior—that's right, our dark figure—appears in the battle. The arrogant general's enemies, men on the verge of death, are inspired by his presence. “They rose from their knees as though he'd lit their very blood aflame,” it says. “The shamed general watched as his men were cleaved by an army that had begged for mercy just moments before. His enemies had become murderers and butchers. As they closed on him, the general could not be certain whether they were still men at all.”
Sounds like the "Dark Figure" from Tryndamere's lore.

Uh oh.

reni

05-08-2013

Quote:
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/coinsmedallion.jpg]news/April_2013/post/coinsmedallion_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

I won these coins off a certain Card Master whose name I won't say… and whose real name I don't even know. I'd lost every single hand up until this one, and the one time I beat him, of course he'd bet completely useless old coins. I can't spend them anywhere in Valoran. At least I've found a “use” for them now. It took me a while to realize it, but that's the same jagged blade on these old coins.

Finally, there's this pendant to the right. It's very, very old, and I have no idea where it originally came from. That's the dark figure's face right there in the metal. Whoever he is, he's been around for a really long time.

That's all I've collected so far. So… what do you think? Who is this figure, and what does his presence mean?

Dude, what's up broham? I think this'll be a B.A. support that will have some abilities that will give increased stats to people as they get lower on health since the running theme is that he makes weak losers strong enough to fight and win.

Maybe it's a spirit that possesses a nation's general to improve their odds? Some sort of blood magic?

Wouldn't it be neat if a certain jungle-living yordle came across this stuff before you and summoned him to aide him in his perverse quest to have yordles take over the world? Or maybe that already happened when you introduced the demon-rat Teemo.

Typhingblade

05-08-2013

clearly the most important thing here is the shipping of ezreal and lux in the portrait sketches hidden under the compass

Strghtflush

05-08-2013

I feel Skarner or Zilean are going to be the ones to talk to for this, Ezreal. Maybe even Kayle, if you can get a hold of her.

Explorer Ezreal

The Prodigal Explorer

05-08-2013
38 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by so Ravishing View Post
The Howling Abyss is the key. Into the darkness is where you'll find the answers.
This figure has appeared throughout history and all across Runeterra. I get the feeling he's not something that crawled out of that awful hole, but something that's been around much, much longer.

Tirodin

05-08-2013

Quote:
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/books.jpg]news/April_2013/post/books_thumb.jpg[/aws2][aws2=news/April_2013/post/ancientbook.jpg]news/April_2013/post/ancientbook_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

A great warrior—that's right, our dark figure—appears in the battle. The arrogant general's enemies, men on the verge of death, are inspired by his presence. “They rose from their knees as though he'd lit their very blood aflame,” it says. “The shamed general watched as his men were cleaved by an army that had begged for mercy just moments before. His enemies had become murderers and butchers. As they closed on him, the general could not be certain whether they were still men at all.”
I don't know what it is about that... but it gave me chills..

Mentality9

05-08-2013

Quote:
Runeterra Headline News

Due to an unfortunate accident, Ezreal the Prodigal Explorer has died. Uncle Ezreal returns to Piltover to say goodbye.

jvfroman

05-08-2013

its the Runeterran God of War. prepare yourselves summoners!! HELL WILL BE UNLEASHED UPON THEE!!!