An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DAS POKEMON

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-08-2013

It is JAX with a REAL WEAPON

Ourak Raaa

05-08-2013

I think there is a striking similarity between the armor of this figure, and that of Mordekaiser. perhaps this figure is a similar creature to Mordekaiser. As Morde is an embodiment of Disease, perhaps this figure is an embodiment of bloodlust, or something similar.

That, or it's Kayle's dad.

Apygoos

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplosion View Post
Sounds like we've finally got our badass support coming along.
There are plenty of badass supports, but i wouldn't mind antoher to add to my Thresh squad

Kraken Jack

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
Some would consider a warrior who leads an army against overwhelming odds a hero, but there's so much bloodshed in these stories...
Ezreal, judgement is not always clean.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...plorer/c9uxs06

(kj=kjotvi)

Ask Brolaf

05-08-2013

Bro!

Got any Graggy Ice?

Kaingon

05-08-2013

Quote:
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/urn.jpg]news/April_2013/post/urn_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

Shurima's been gone for centuries. It's hardly anything but dust now, but the ruins that remain show a massive civilization that once thrived in the desert. I have no idea what happened to the empire. It seems like it vanished without a trace… but that's a whole different mystery.

I found this urn in a tomb there. From the look of the place and some of the carvings on the walls, it was the final resting place of a great Shuriman warlord who led a battle against impossible odds. He and his men should have gone out in a blaze of glory, but somehow, they won. Just a handful of warriors defeated thousands of enemies who rose against them.

It's no wonder they'd immortalize that kind of victory on the walls of a tomb, but what is this dark figure doing on the urn? What part did he play in this battle? I just don't get it.
Have you thought about speaking to Zilean about it? The man appears to transcend time itself. I know he seems like a sage and may only speak in riddles, but he may give us some valuable insight. Also, have you thought of perhaps using Ashe as a proxy to talk to Tryndamere? She's less likely to get cleaved in two than you.

Katana Angel

05-08-2013

So, Ezreal, have you tried to contact some other folks about this? Zilean has been suggested, or Amumu maybe? (I'm sure he'd just love to sit and talk to SOMEone). Or Kayle, Nasus... Malz?

I'm still hung up on that dang sword stylized on the book. Has Jarvan IV always had that weapon of his, or did he inherit it? Or... find it?

Blue Avenge

05-08-2013

it has to be some kind of lord of war

Explorer Ezreal

The Prodigal Explorer

05-08-2013
28 of 41 Riot Posts

This Ionian woodblock was carved long before the war with Noxus. They're rare nowadays, but they're always more or less the same. They all depict things of beauty: landscapes, monks in meditation, the stars and the night sky, all of that “enlightenment” stuff they're always on about. All of them... except this one.

I've never seen anything like it. It's that same dark figure with that same blade - and the worst thing - I don't think those red stains are ink…

Dakzu

05-08-2013

Quote:
Some would consider a warrior who leads an army against overwhelming odds a hero, but there's so much bloodshed in these stories...
My first thought was perhaps a being from the Shadow Isles, considering the frightful appearance - however, these accounts don't have a general air of terror, horror or the embrace of death so much as a lust for battle....

Perhaps the Berserker may have an idea, either from his Lokfar upbringing or his travels? Olaf has hunted as many legendary creatures as he can in his search for a noble end in battle. Surely a legendary being with a lust for battle as strong as his own would have attracted his attention...