An ancient mystery in Runeterra

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calibretto9

05-08-2013

Riot, I love you so much. This is so much fun.

Ez the shattered

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
[aws2=news/April_2013/post/statue.jpg]news/April_2013/post/statue_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

This statuette is from Noxus.

Yes, Noxus. You know how I feel about Noxians, but their city is full of history. It'll take more than dark magic, guards with massive axes, and a creepy bird guy to keep ME from exploring the most important places in Valoran.

Noxus is full of these kinds of statuettes. Usually, they're made as tributes to the nation's greatest heroes, but this one doesn't look like any Noxian war hero I've ever heard of. I know of plenty, too, believe me: pick up any Noxian book and it's probably a way-too-lengthy chronicle of some hero's life, conquests, and the size of their weapon. I wouldn't have looked twice at this one if I hadn't recognized the figure.

Here's the thing that's really nagging me… what's Noxus doing with statues of a figure that shows up in Demacian art, too?
Well if that figure is in anyway related with Kayles/Morgannas world there could be a hint to why it is in Noxus.

DN Caibre

05-08-2013

"Ares" inc.

"Been at the middle of conflict throughout Runeterra's history."

EpicMartin3000

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer Ezreal View Post
Take a look at this. It's a stained glass window from Demacia.

Don't ask me how I got it. I'm going to give it back, I promise. I'm borrowing it for research, and they'll never know it's missing. Demacians never stop talking about light, so what do they really need a window for, anyway?

Look closely. See the shape in the center with the wings and the jagged sword? That's the figure I've been seeing everywhere.

This is the first artifact that really got me thinking. It's not that old, and it can't really go back more than a few generations at most. I asked around, and nobody knows what the figure is or if he has a name. They all agreed on one thing though: whoever this figure is, he's clearly someone worth remembering to be immortalized like this.

But why does he appear in so many other places? So many of these artifacts are ancient, and some are from lost civilizations so old they don't even have names.

How is that possible?
Just wondering but how does one borrow a window?

crhistian

05-08-2013

Is the sister of Vi

GangsterJawa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinta Calvert View Post
So the Gun Templar was fake? ; ;
The Gun Templar was leaked concept art. While there's a strong possibility it'll happen, no one said it would be the next champion.

Incidentally, Ezreal, have you tried asking Kog'Maw? I think he's mentioned something about his Daddy a few times before...

Chernobyl56

05-08-2013

Is there nothing in the book that gives any hint as to who this might be? Surely there must be something seeing as the blade is on the cover.

Perhaps you could ask Kassadin or Malzahar about this creature. Indeed it does not appear to be from Runeterra, and possibly has origins within the Void. Perhaps these two might know something of him?

SyndicateHD

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Flying Hobo View Post
Yeah, you're gonna want to practice your kiting, Ezreal. Garen's gonna want to 1v1 you for sure now.
Report Garen for Incest

Pat in the Hat

05-08-2013

I'm thinking something Azrael like.

Gzlo

05-08-2013

Well remmember those Statues on Howling Abyss Bridge??? i think it may be one of those... a Frostguar, that would be nice