Skin Sale: 50% Off Deadly Kennen, Marquis Vladimir, and Shamrock Malphite

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iLL Literate

10-28-2010

this will get mentioned probably 5 times a page.. the sale wont go on til friday october 29th.. that's why the prices are still the normal ones today.

AstorSapolsky

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roanius View Post
to all those asking for a new Malphite skin:

Yes, it would be awesome to have a new skin for him, however you have to look at the difficulty that goes into making skins for characters like Malphite and Udyr; they have multiple stances in which their skin changes(when malph's passive breaks and udyr's stances) and riot has to take those factors into consideration when making skins for the champs. Unfortunately, if Malphite were to get a new skin, it probably wouldn't be a very detailed skin (like pentakill mord) but is more likely to be just a recolor, since his second form is needed to distinguish whether or not his passive is active. Sorry to say, but I highly doubt there will be an amazing malphite skin anytime soon or ever for that matter.
Champions with multiple textures that have decent multiple skins: Shaco, Swain, Nidalee, Nasu... wait. Well, even Galactic has some different texture to it (not just Nasus' outfit with a blue tint, doesn't mean it's enough).
Riot's just getting lazy (Udyr) with which skins to work on (Ryze Ryze Corki Ryze), and while they are appreciated there was some time when Riot said they were working on making every champion have at least one cheap skin and one more elaborate one. That was awhile ago. They acted on it for awhile, then Hot Rod Corki came out and ever since we've had a lot of repeat characters.
I'm sure they have some great ideas in the pipeline for all champions, but if an artist says "hay, I have this GREAT Ryze idea," someone needs to poke him in the back of the head with a stick and say "let's save it for a few months, work on a different character. We released three for him last patch."

forastero

10-28-2010

im waiting for a new malphite skin

ÅltegøTheShaper

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneypenny View Post
From Friday, October 29th through Monday, November 1st, the Deadly Kennen, Marquis Vladimir, and Shamrock Malphite skins will be available for 50% off.

Deadly Kennen skin (regularly 520 RP) will be only 260 RP!
Marquis Vladimir skin (regularly 975 RP) will be only 487 RP!
Shamrock Malphite skin (regularly 520 RP) will be only 260 RP!

After Monday, November 1st, these fantastic skins will return to their regular prices. Click on the Skins tab in the Store to purchase these discounted skins.

Is it friday yet over there?!?! I'm buggin' man!!! lol

OhMyOvaries

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicemourne View Post
Kennen kinda looks like Deadpool in the screenshot.
deadly kennen skin was inspired by concept design of Deadpool

Norlen

10-28-2010

I checked the store. The skins are still normal price!
What gives?!

Norlen

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topherprime View Post
they don't go on sale until friday.
I am such an idiot!

Kravel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2010

how u do zoom in the game? D:

4bidden

10-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyOvaries View Post
deadly kennen skin was inspired by concept design of Deadpool
and darth maul. hell kennen is in star wars line. XD

Also, more.kennen.skin.

Inkult

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2010

Teen Annie skin. Oh ****... im a pervert.