Ahri's Avatar is somewhat distorted in Mac Version.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrDomVonDoom

04-07-2013

I have noticed there is some distortion in the Ahri Avatar during gameplay, I didn't screenshot but I could in the next game I play and post it here.

Thank you.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

04-08-2013
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDomVonDoom View Post
I have noticed there is some distortion in the Ahri Avatar during gameplay, I didn't screenshot but I could in the next game I play and post it here.

Thank you.
Anxiously awaiting promised screenshot.
Surely OP will deliver!

On a more serious note I don't see any corruption on Ahri (She's my goto champ for testing anyway). I'll need a screenshot or more elaborate description to understand whats going on.

Dessembrae

04-08-2013

I can't really post a screenshot because I was testing this out on a work computer with that feature disabled. However, I did notice the distortion on a 15" Retina MacBook Pro and did not notice it on a standard 15" MacBook Pro

This would not be the only thing a Retina MacBook Pro distorts since it also distorts many images as it artificially expands certain images to fit a retina resolution that they were not made for

Brentmeister

04-09-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessembrae View Post
I can't really post a screenshot because I was testing this out on a work computer with that feature disabled. However, I did notice the distortion on a 15" Retina MacBook Pro and did not notice it on a standard 15" MacBook Pro

This would not be the only thing a Retina MacBook Pro distorts since it also distorts many images as it artificially expands certain images to fit a retina resolution that they were not made for
When using retina displays to play the game I would strongly recommend playing in fullscreen mode to prevent retina scaling artifacts. V-Sync may help make windowed mode a little smother.

Velvet Blanc

04-29-2013

Looks like this:

Hope you see this post! This bug happens to me occasionally and seeing that Ahri is my favorite champion would be nice to have this fixed!

Velvet Blanc

04-29-2013

Should add that I'm playing on a Macbook Pro 2011 15', 2Ghz i7, 4 GB RAM, AMD Radeon 6390m, OS X 10.7.5

DrDomVonDoom

04-29-2013

OP here. That was exactly the kind of distortion I was talking about.

Sorry I never delivered, this post had fallen off my mind, and unfortunatly I haven't been able to effectively recreate this bug.

However FYI.

I too like Vesperbel am using a 2011 Macbook Pro, non Retina. 2.4 Intel i5. 4 GB Ram Radeon HD3000

Brentmeister

04-30-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesperbell View Post
Looks like this:

Hope you see this post! This bug happens to me occasionally and seeing that Ahri is my favorite champion would be nice to have this fixed!
Ahhh I see now. We call this their champion potrait and the avatar is the in-game model /effects. Thanks for the screenshot to clarify. I'll file the bug but due to it having no effect on gameplay we may have to prioritize other bugs / features over it for a while.

IntoTheDusk

04-30-2013

So you're that riot guy I encountered in ranked. You were vi, no? We all thought you weren't a real rioter.

Anyways I'm on the mac version and I don't see this distortion.

Brentmeister

04-30-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheDusk View Post
So you're that riot guy I encountered in ranked. You were vi, no? We all thought you weren't a real rioter.

Anyways I'm on the mac version and I don't see this distortion.
Interesting! Can you post your system specs?