Seeking High ELO player's opinions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

selenvar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2010

Cool trick with ashe..

when you know where someone is shoot your arrow at them

it will disappear if it hits them..

Idiots on your team: "oh hey, that arrow disappeared maybe i should check that bush"

Grimloe

10-27-2010

It's really your judgement, if you know you can get ganks by ganking, then do it. If not, then you're absolutely correct, free farming a lane is a GREAT thing to do. People underestimate this so much. Farming a lane all game long puts you so far ahead it's ridiculous.

Although, Ashe is good at doing both things at once by using her little move called "enchanted crystal arrow".

Seriously, just shoot it towards a lane every now and then and you'll have a good chance at some assists.

Btw, it's your jungler's responsibility to gank, not you.

As1cs

10-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimloe View Post
It's really your judgement, if you know you can get ganks by ganking, then do it. If not, then you're absolutely correct, free farming a lane is a GREAT thing to do. People underestimate this so much. Farming a lane all game long puts you so far ahead it's ridiculous.

Although, Ashe is good at doing both things at once by using her little move called "enchanted crystal arrow".

Seriously, just shoot it towards a lane every now and then and you'll have a good chance at some assists.
Thats the thing, I used my arrow as much as I could to help them. But when they die in 2 seconds because they don't have any map awareness, then there isn't much my stun would have done for them.

Grimloe

10-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaadfaaace View Post
Thats the thing, I used my arrow as much as I could to help them. But when they die in 2 seconds because they don't have any map awareness, then there isn't much my stun would have done for them.
Then you did your job, there isn't much else you can do.

Renthur

10-27-2010

Your teammates aren't smart. >.> Vlad is nowhere near the best mid. He's harmless until about level 7 because of the cooldown on Transfusion. With a bit of harass he'll only be running in to get one of your melee minions with it. And yeah, as has been said, farming when you can't gank is > failed ganks.

VortexMagus

10-27-2010

op's fault here.

Mid is not the farming lane, top is the farming lane. If you take mid you have a responsibility to gank, as you are the only one positioned conveniently for it, especially if your opponent is ganking successfully himself. Furthermore, if you're freefarming, you should be the one buying wards, as your teammates are too busy trying to defend their lanes from ganks and getting pushed.

Remember, this is a team game. If you free farm whilst letting your teammates die and your opponents get fed, you do not get to complain when the other guy outcarries you. You should never be thinking "this is whats best for myself" you should be thinking "this is whats best for my team"

Hint, letting vlad get fed and refusing to gank and letting your teammates die while freefarming is very rarely the best option for your team. Maybe if you were top, this would be more understandable.

Elhehir

10-27-2010

If you're outlaning Vlad and he manages to be able to gank successfully, you are doing something very wrong or your team is doing something very wrong.

If he ganks, you better farm and get that mid tower down to punish him from going elsewhere. If you didn't drop the tower, you're not doing your job. Else, if you don't feel safe doing so, you *must* be ganking as soon as you hit 6 with your arrow. Normally, if you're doing it right you should get a kill if you coordinate with your jungler. Oh right, did you have a jungler?

Might be that the team fails as well or that vlad is just a better ganker than a laner in that particular case.

Either way, it is certain there are things that you could have done better, Think about it. If you feel you did no wrong in that game; then it is perhaps a team fail. In that case, start playing some ranked games. Once you hit 1500, you start to get half decent players on a regular basis that you can have reasonable confidence in their ability to coordinate with you.

Swarna

10-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexMagus
op's fault here.

Mid is not the farming lane, top is the farming lane. If you take mid you have a responsibility to gank, as you are the only one positioned conveniently for it, especially if your opponent is ganking successfully himself. Furthermore, if you're freefarming, you should be the one buying wards, as your teammates are too busy trying to defend their lanes from ganks and getting pushed.

Remember, this is a team game. If you free farm whilst letting your teammates die and your opponents get fed, you do not get to complain when the other guy outcarries you. You should never be thinking "this is whats best for myself" you should be thinking "this is whats best for my team"

Hint, letting vlad get fed and refusing to gank and letting your teammates die while freefarming is very rarely the best option for your team. Maybe if you were top, this would be more understandable.
This, plus I woulda followed Vlad to the lanes he ganked to even out the encounters.

Elementz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

10-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaadfaaace View Post
I just recently played a game as Ashe. I was midding against a Vlad, who according to my teammate is the best Mid in the game. The Vlad then admitted that I was beating him in CS and harass.

After 6 the Nidalee on my team began telling me that I should gank. I said that ganking isn't guaranteed, and that farming early game is much more important.

Vlad started ganking, which allowed me to free farm. Each time he went missing I called MIA and also told my team to buy wards. Even after pinging which way he was going, my team continued to die.

For the rest of the game I was being called ******ed because I didn't gank and it was my fault my team kept dying even after being told to buy wards and be careful that there were MIAs.

So who's at fault here?

*EDIT* The Nidalee on my team also lost a lane to Rammus and Kennen. With the help of Garen.. lol
Nida should of been solo vs Vlad. Her heal + auto's counters Vlad extremely hard. Then Nidalee should be the one ganking.

Ashe's goal isn't to gank. It's to CS as hard as possible so when dragon pops up or you guys go to steal a buff on their side of the map you just own them with auto attacks. Although you can continuously shoot arrows from your lane to setup ganks / help lanes in need as Ashe but its not necessary to gank on Ashe. If you see a lane pushing by all means go and crush them for over extending but you don't "have" too. CSing is the safe thing to do.

As1cs

10-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexMagus View Post
op's fault here.

Not to be an ass but 1500 elo ranking doesn't exactly qualify you for High ELO.

Also, there was no jungle on my team. Which means I was the only solo. If I didn't farm what would that result for the rest of my team once mid game came?

I can see it now "Omg that Ashe is ganking but does no damage because he has no items, QQ"

I shouldn't have to spend 90 g per lane when they have 2 people per lane with that responsibility.

That same 90g would have completely shut down Vlad's gank attempts + my MIA calls. Fail ganks = no kills = no CS = I win. Your point is invalid. Sorry.