What is the reasoning behind champions with free abilities?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CODChimera

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesog View Post
IF they are around, IF they are in range, IF there are no minions in the way...IF they have no armor (Which is more common than MR), IF they dont have banshees.

Base damage shunpo>BB
What has armor got to do with this? lol

BB can be used to harass in standoffs, you can't really do this with shunpo. Pretty huge positive to BB....

pyrokinetiq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2010

1) all items that involve mana will be wasted gold for them, that's actually a quite a lot of items that will waste their gold if they buy
2) their abilities normally don't do much damage or aren't combo abilities, compare kat to ryze, ryze can just run in, blow his load, killing you in a few seconds, but it takes time for kat to kill you, she can use spell after spell but she can't quickly unload them, same goes for garen, his abilities happen pretty slowly, he can't use any abilities while spinning which takes a lot of time in a fight.

mana-less champs are more about constant moderate damage rather than occasional high damage or luck-based insane damage (gp, trynd)

Eltrotraw

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesog View Post
IF they are around, IF they are in range, IF there are no minions in the way...IF they have no armor (Which is more common than MR), IF they dont have banshees.

Base damage shunpo>BB
just wanted to jump in to correct:

Bouncing Blade deals magic damage, despite scaling off of AD.

So adding Armor into this argument is pointless since Kat rarely ever autoattacks anyway.

omgwtflolbbl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2010

All I've learned from this is that quite a few Kat players have absolutely no idea how their skills work or sense of scale. Bouncing Blade is reduced by armor? Lol. It scales through attack damage but deals magic damage. People ignore the fact that poking is quite useful before team fights start to soften their opponents up. A single target skill mathematically shown to only outclass its counterpart aoe on a single target by about 12 damage apparently hits like a truck while the other hits like a pillow at about 3.5k gold.

Why can an AD Kat not use Shunpo as well as BB? You pretend like going AD Kat means they'll never use Shunpo. AD Kat can Shunpo to close range and BB as well. I certainly hope you don't just ignore the fact that BB exists as AP Kat. Upon kill, her cooldowns are reset by 15. AD Kat can use Shunpo into BB to leapfrog just as well as BB will be refreshed as well.

I don't care one way or another (I don't even own Kat), but some of the arguments in this thread are incredibly dumb.

MoldyOnions

10-25-2010

Why is it that the buffoons saying "DERP AP KAT HAS MORE SURVIVABILITY" think that that Kat must be build like a complete glass cannon with no survivability items whatsoever?

LinaFireSong

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtflolbbl View Post
All I've learned from this is that quite a few Kat players have absolutely no idea how their skills work or sense of scale. Bouncing Blade is reduced by armor? Lol. It scales through attack damage but deals magic damage. People ignore the fact that poking is quite useful before team fights start to soften their opponents up. A single target skill mathematically shown to only outclass its counterpart aoe on a single target by about 12 damage apparently hits like a truck while the other hits like a pillow at about 3.5k gold.

Why can an AD Kat not use Shunpo as well as BB? You pretend like going AD Kat means they'll never use Shunpo. AD Kat can Shunpo to close range and BB as well. I certainly hope you don't just ignore the fact that BB exists as AP Kat. Upon kill, her cooldowns are reset by 15. AD Kat can use Shunpo into BB to leapfrog just as well as BB will be refreshed as well.

I don't care one way or another (I don't even own Kat), but some of the arguments in this thread are incredibly dumb.
My point exactly, it's one thing to condem AD kat if you played the build, but it's another thing, if you only play AP and say oh! AP is better because in my mind, AD can't be better than AP.

Personaly I played both and I like AD kat a lot more because I can harrase safely, and she still have great damage output overall.

CODChimera

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyOnions View Post
Why is it that the buffoons saying "DERP AP KAT HAS MORE SURVIVABILITY" think that that Kat must be build like a complete glass cannon with no survivability items whatsoever?
Yeah, banshees is usually a pretty important item.