Lets talk about Backdoor

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deus9

10-24-2010

There's no counter to backdooring Yi's. He can run in more than you can teleport back to base, and you never catch him. If the rest of his team is good enough to at least delay any pushes you put together, he will just backdoor your entire base. Even if you do teleport back and catch him, your tower is at least halfway dead before you get there, or he can finish it before he needs to run. If you want to hide behind the "its viable because they haven't prevented it" strat, that's fine. Personally I don't think towers should be vulnerable to 8 second explosions from backdooring bads who have no skill whatsoever.

Pieson

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus9 View Post
There's no counter to backdooring Yi's. He can run in more than you can teleport back to base, and you never catch him. If the rest of his team is good enough to at least delay any pushes you put together, he will just backdoor your entire base. Even if you do teleport back and catch him, your tower is at least halfway dead before you get there, or he can finish it before he needs to run. If you want to hide behind the "its viable because they haven't prevented it" strat, that's fine. Personally I don't think towers should be vulnerable to 8 second explosions from backdooring bads who have no skill whatsoever.
they have enough strategy to block your strat, so they're obviously doing something right. Also, a good backdoor will only go for 1 or 2 towers, especially if the enemies are suddenly missing from a fight.

izZix

10-24-2010

Backdoor, I endorse it. Especially when our team is winning, its like teabaggin a dead player in Halo to make them QQ. But when we are losing, it sure the hell saves us sometimes from getting hard pushed. WHEW!

Pieson

10-24-2010

Backdooring is a great way to counter a snowball team, they try to push you and then you just have 1 guy BD their top/bot turrets and then you suddenly stand a chance.

bI1tz

10-24-2010

When the enemy carries 2s shot people, I go backdoor.

X Widow Maker X

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus9 View Post
Obviously if you stopped him from taking out a tower by using teleport, then he failed at his backdoor attempt, also when it comes to lategame, players are supposed to be able to shred towers.

lategame towers are just speed bumps to the nexus.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

10-25-2010

Not to say that it isn't a viable strategic element to the game that is within the rules, BUT...

It's taking a PvP game and turning it into a PvE affair. I don't see why it's fun and I don't see why others find it fun either.

Kamaro

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Widow Maker X View Post
This is often a strategy frowned upon by Riot
That's actually not true.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaro View Post
That's actually not true.
I think what he means is that while Riot officially has no problems with it, certain Riot staff find it unappealing.

Walruspocalypse

10-25-2010

this may sound like a really stupid question; but what is backdooring? thx in advance!

123456 ... 8