Lets talk about Backdoor

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

X Widow Maker X

10-24-2010

Twisted Fate, Pantheon, Shen

Many a time in ranked matches i have had this lineup on my team and we all ult into enemy territory to take out there ****. While using this method, it is very useful to have teleport as a summoner spell so after the deed is done you can quickly return to your base in safety.

This is often a strategy frowned upon by Riot, and many DOTA players, however i am of the opinion that it is completely viable.

In a game like this you want to do whatever it takes to win and many times players will QQ about certain champs like Yi or TF back dooring there towers while they leave them undefended.

Backdooring adds an extra element to the game when certain characters are chosen. Personally i believe that the Summoner Spell 'Teleport' is there for a reason. If you dont want to get your base attacked then at least one member of your team should have this spell. Whenever i am up against a twisted fate, or pantheon, i always make sure that someone has teleport on my team.

Sure this method is dirty and below the belt, but in war/strategy/moba games like this its not about playing 'honorable'. For instance, imagine an enemy ashe is Blue pilling back to base with 300 hp and you jump on that hoe and kill her. She will be like "......" , but what the **** do you expect, its god **** war.

Obviously that person should have been smarter about where they recalled, and obviously a team that doesn't want to get backdoored should possibly have a member on defense guarding the base, or at least have teleport for when **** gets dirty.

Had to get this off my chest, my 2 cents, - end rant

TLDR- Backdooring is a strategical element of the game, if you dont like it, take measures to counter it. Its not that hard

Roddy Shmexy

10-24-2010

bump

RagingDonger

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by x widow maker x View Post
had to get this off my chest,
lmao!!

RailBladerX

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Widow Maker X View Post
This is often a strategy frowned upon by Riot
^
that.... that right there....people are full of ****, Riot has said and quoted that backdooring is a viable way to win a match, because it is so easily counterd.

its a term used for mainly in the old Dota days ( a day long gone and thank god), days where the matches were much slower paced and such back dooring would win you the match if the other team was by your base so alot of virgin-pride-****ed gamers would hate it when people would beat them so easily because there was no way to counter it.

Riot has made it really hard to do something like that to the point where if someone does backdoor you... you let it happen. or you were going to loose anyways.

i agree you get backdoored your dumb.

Sky Avenger

10-24-2010

Backdoor is part of the game, its a strategy you can get killed very easily you must do it good. Some heroes are good at it, why not doing it?

Shaal

10-24-2010

if anyone wants to prove Riot frowns upon backdooring with some links to posts that'd be neato.
until then, this isn't DotA. Grow up crybabies, you forgot to defend your base and paid for it.

HateYerGuts

10-24-2010

It's not dirty or below the belt. It's a legitimate strategy with a counter just like any other strategy.

X Widow Maker X

10-24-2010

Thank you all for sharing very valid points. Yes it is a legitimate strategy, especially when it comes to ranked ELO. Its about doing whatever it takes to win.

You can find Riots opinion about the subject in the Test Realm and other forums, but this is usually mixed in with certain champions. For instance Evelyn's new buff is a hot topic right now. Her stealth now with her attack speed ultimate makes her an extremely potent attack damage backdoor champion. You can view these threads, and see Riots posts expressing there wish that players DO NOT backdoor, however they arnt really preventing it, now are they?

Pieson

10-24-2010

IMO those people should use tele in, and then ult out, since their ults are faster than the summoner spell tele. But yes, BDing is very viable strat, especially against slow teams based massively on AoE skills.

X Widow Maker X

10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieson View Post
IMO those people should use tele in, and then ult out, since their ults are faster than the summoner spell tele. But yes, BDing is very viable strat, especially against slow teams based massively on AoE skills.
This is very plausible, however what this requires is the placement of a ward right next to the target spot beforehand, so you have an object to teleport to. With ulting in you dont need a target and you can just drop straight onto it.

If you got the wards strategically placed this yes it could probably work better. This also allows for team coordination. Imagine if all 5 people on your team had teleport and while the enemy was elsewhere you tele'd into one of there towers and destroyed that entire lane before the enemy could react. By the time the enemy grouped you could easily destroy 2-3 buildings

12345 ... 8