ATTN: Riot - Athene (continued)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plato83

04-06-2013

Athene cheated in WoW, now he cheats in LoL. Why does this surprise anyone? Why does anyone follow his stream?

Sheep are sheep.

MetroidsGun

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorded View Post
As if u guys dont smoke weed. You guys should go to jail for it but u dont.
Oh no arrest all those people in Washington and Colorado!

And all those sick people in the 16 other states!

Haha same YOLO

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredge Mammus View Post
Because an "English Community Coordinator" certainly has weight in Player Behavior.
Also, bump.
Hey man, the city council's official stance on a subject in some backwater town is the same weight as the federal gov't's, GOD.

Oconnomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2013

QQ

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

04-06-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We're not ignoring it, but we definitely have been slow responding to the issue--that's our fault. A few of us were at PAX East, then GDC, and I unfortunately got sick from all the travel so I have been resting up. There has been a lot of data analysis happening, and once the teams all sync up we'll be reaching out to the player next week.

Either way, I don't expect to make a post or new thread about the verdict. If evidence suggests that cheating or abuse of the system was happening, we'll deal out the appropriate penalties. If there's no evidence of abuse, we'll move on.

In saying this, doing anything to abuse the matchmaker and exploit the system for advantages is considered cheating. For example, duo queue is an acceptable way of playing Ranked Solo/Duo Queue. Finding a way of gathering 3 or 4 teammates reliably on the same team in Ranked Solo/Duo Queue is considered abuse of the system. If these behaviors are more common than we'd like, we can tweak the various aspects of the matchmaking system to automatically punish players who engage in these behaviors.

Dextii

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
We're not ignoring it, but we definitely have been slow responding to the issue--that's our fault. A few of us were at PAX East, then GDC, and I unfortunately got sick from all the travel so I have been resting up. There has been a lot of data analysis happening, and once the teams all sync up we'll be reaching out to the player next week.

Either way, I don't expect to make a post or new thread about the verdict. If evidence suggests that cheating or abuse of the system was happening, we'll deal out the appropriate penalties. If there's no evidence of abuse, we'll move on.

In saying this, doing anything to abuse the matchmaker and exploit the system for advantages is considered cheating. For example, duo queue is an acceptable way of playing Ranked Solo/Duo Queue. Finding a way of gathering 3 or 4 teammates reliably on the same team in Ranked Solo/Duo Queue is considered abuse of the system. If these behaviors are more common than we'd like, we can tweak the various aspects of the matchmaking system to automatically punish players who engage in these behaviors.
Well we got a response, maybe justice will be served.

Zertryx

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroidsGun View Post

first of all the first thing (link) like i said has 1 thing "against him" and its a simple quote of .. "if you dont care about elo you could also let me win" he didnt force them, he didnt tell em i'll give you free gear he made a simple comment that i see people jokingly make all the time in ranked in all chat "you guys should /ff so i can win my placements =]"

Hardly much to work with here. Then int he screen shots with the dude who did it, said that they made the choice to dodge because they didnt care. That was their fault. Not Athenes. They threw because they wanted to because they really didn't care.

--------------------

Pro - gameres get qued with thier team all the time because they all que up around the same time. not much that can be done here, this is riots error on how ranked ques work.

when he mutes skype how do people know what he is doing? he muted it. so obviously people dont know he really yelled or what he said. this is just speculation on everyone else part.

I guarantee like half the community has their friends dodge in duo que when something goes wrong. i bet half the people accusing him of it also do it.

----------------------

I think the main reason people hate him is because of his persona / they think they are better than him. i watched him 3v5 4 bronze and a plat player yesterday. if he wasn't diamond level im pretty sure he woulda easily lost that match. sure you'll say yeah but it's bronze players. well yeah bronze and silver are were most of his haters are.

WrathofTesla

04-06-2013

Quote:

Finally and thank you for this post.
Puts me at rest that you are not ignoring this issue.

Zertryx

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredge Mammus View Post
Because an "English Community Coordinator" certainly has weight in Player Behavior.
Also, bump.
lyte just posted again saying they arn't ignoring it, so yeah like i said they Weren't ignoring it.

Shiister

04-06-2013

Quote:

Lyte has spoken!

Now stop with the threads.