So I'm sub-20

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LifeSmash

04-05-2013

and I get into a game with this Yi. I understand cocky Yi is a bit of a stereotype? Yeah, that was this guy at first. I don't remember everything, but it got to the point where I asked him if he wanted me to feed (I would never actually go through with that, thankfully my game shaped up because that would look bad). I'm like 0/1/1 at this point and I think he's like 3/0? He's doing well despite the intrateam conflict. I'm not terrible, but probably mostly due to the lack of an enemy jungler.

Then one semi-decent play later, he's like "yeah, good decision, I'm sorry for yelling" which took me a bit off guard tbh. So we abruptly start being agreeable and whatnot, truced it up and proceeded to wreck faces, snowball hard, and win the game. (If snowball can be a verb, so can truce.) I went 4/2/18 and he went 12/2/10.

ggwp Mike -- normally I don't add random people on the internet but enjoy that WOTD.

Also, whichever Red it was (Lyte I think?) that said "most toxic behavior is just someone having a bad day" was completely correct.

tl;dr being nice to people gets you places

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

04-06-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

It's surprising how sometimes players that are having a bad day just need a boost from their teammates and everything just falls into place and works out.

Using sportsmanship against toxicity does work. Using toxicity versus toxicity just adds fuel to the fire.

I am Lissandra

04-06-2013

Oh hai Lyte ^_^

IS13940001471ffbdf28d0e

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
It's surprising how sometimes players that are having a bad day just need a boost from their teammates and everything just falls into place and works out.

Using sportsmanship against toxicity does work. Using toxicity versus toxicity just adds fuel to the fire.
Champion Select reporet where?

Chislayer Osiris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2013

I was expecting a rage thread. I was pleasantly wrong
Gj OP. I'm glad to hear it worked out.

I am Lissandra

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Blood View Post
Champion Select reporet where?
We can take screenshots of champ select and email it to customer support.

Dear Urgot

04-06-2013

I love stories like this. Especially when they happen to me. Adds a little sunshine to your day.

Vicvictorw

04-06-2013

Quote:

I just wish it worked every time.

Can't say I have that luck. Just get nasty players that get even more nasty regardless of what's said to them.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

04-06-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicvictorw View Post
I just wish it worked every time.

Can't say I have that luck. Just get nasty players that get even more nasty regardless of what's said to them.
Yeah, sportsmanship or being positive doesn't work every time. But, it works at a greater probability than 0%.

However, fighting toxicity with toxicity? The odds of a comeback basically drop to 0%.

Zastie

04-06-2013

Quote:
Everyone in LoL needs to read this.