@Xelnath relocating camera to allied champions with the portrait

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Strados

04-05-2013

So Xelnath, i don't know if this is your department, but from what i figure you work with UI and other stuff, so i'll just ask you this.
Can we get a way to relocate our camera to an allied champion by doubleclicking their portrait on the right?

I made a post about this a month ago, but it died quickly, so i kinda gave up on the thing, but today i was playing soraka and it just hit me again and i kinda wanna know a rioter stance on this. It seems like it would be really useful, specially with champions with global abilities (soraka, shen, even gp), and i don't think it's complicated.

I know we can do this with f2-f5, but this way it seems more intuitive just doubleclicking the portrait. If i recall correctly, you can already do that in spectator mode, so why not in an actual game? couldn't really hurt i guess to have both methods.

So, is it doable? If it's not your department, then can you get the word around or something?
Thanks in advance
Strados

Strados

04-05-2013

also, feel free to bump or share opinions if you think this is a good idea or not. Hopefully it can stay in the first two pages so it gets a chance to be seen

Strados

04-05-2013

full of hope bump (still)

Strados

04-05-2013

little bump

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

04-06-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

It used to do that, the issue is that it caused disruption to players who were frantically clicking to move up and left-in-game would accidentally click on an ally portrait.

This in turn caused them to turn around and run into the enemy.

It was decided that in-game movement was more important than targetting a remote ally. Thus the feature was disabled.

Schtiffles

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
It used to do that, the issue is that it caused disruption to players who were frantically clicking to move up and left-in-game would accidentally click on an ally portrait.

It was decided that in-game movement was more important than targetting a remote ally. Thus the feature was disabled.
Man, you gotta give us an option for these things.

I have a feeling a lot of people didn't even know that worked.

Target Allied Champions by Portrait: [ _ ]

Pls ^

BooleanCube

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-06-2013

I bound my four allies to F1-F4 respectively, it's a lot more intuitive than whatever it was beforehand. Works well when casting Shen ult in chaotic conditions too (Normalcast+F1, for example)

Arctic Bro

04-06-2013

Fix the Y- Axis on purple side
it's not fair moving screen just to fight vs blue team
HUD size doesn't mean anything it's the camera lock-in the real problem

ltachi

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post

Xelnath, why not just have it use left-click instead? Personally I would like to see this used for the minimap too, as sometimes I will have this escaping problem with the minimap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimofo View Post
Fix the Y- Axis on purple side
it's not fair moving screen just to fight vs blue team
HUD size doesn't mean anything it's the camera lock-in the real problem
I can't actually understand what you mean.

Nahele

04-06-2013

Since i saw another player do this and you responded i thought i would as well. I and others for some time now have been suggesting a change to the camera system not so much for blue but more so for purple. People really hate the angle it gives you at purple unless you have the camera unlocked. Now this creates a disadvantage for players who are trying just to move on purple. While players on blue do not need to unless their trying to see something outside camera range.

Now what i suggest is something more related to Camera system like WoW and games like it have. With a few changes 1 being the ability to lock the camera in the location you have the camera set and it will follow your champ as such. And 2nd the ability to reset the camera so what is the current defaults. This would allow for more competitive play and more fair play for people.

I just believe something need to be done.. Cause as it stands every time i am purple i just say "aw damn i am purple". My win rate as purple is much lower than mine as blue. I wish there was a way to pull up the stats to back that claim but i am sure there are others who can share this data as true.