infinite scaling champs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

04-05-2013
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Person View Post
think its possible to see one with a move speed one?
Not impossible, but somewhat unlikely, movespeed's a pretty scary stat to give out even with diminishing returns. Might be doable if it was tied to the use of an ability, like Nasus's scaling is, and wasn't too easy to scale up though now that I think about it.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

04-05-2013
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrikon View Post
Please make one that scales off attack speed

like jax but

infinitely... until it hits the cap.

As with MS above could be interesting to investigate this as part of an activateable ability, I'd have a lot of balance concerns about trying to get this to feel good as an always on passive.

Dextii

04-05-2013

Oh gawd

I could see an infinite scaling MR/Armor for a support, maybe for every assist/kill they could get 5 MR/Armor, this rewards good supporting and getting assists more than "Oh I can get a Kage's Lucky Pick or Aegis now...yay...." (although this could be too similar to Thresh)

EDIT: Hm...sandwiched between a red.

That's a f*cking delicious sandwich.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

04-05-2013
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimaFatum View Post
A scaling shield could be pretty darn interesting.
Gotta admit this could be pretty cool and might be balanceable if we kept the duration short enough that waiting out the shield was a valid play. It would effectively become indistinguishable from Kayle ult though at a certain threshold.

UltimaFatum

04-05-2013

A pretty wacky idea could be a projectile with scaling range.

Somehow I think that could be way too much fun.

Crs Sanvaer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

04-05-2013

Something like 0.05% movement speed on Hecarim's Q for every creep he kills. Something pretty insignificant in early-mid game, but could give him some even more useful mobility late game if he choses not to buy Mobi/Swift boots. At 200 CS that'd only give him a 10% speed bonus, which then scales with his attack damage passive. >:3

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

04-05-2013
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextii View Post
Oh gawd

I could see an infinite scaling MR/Armor for a support, maybe for every assist/kill they could get 5 MR/Armor, this rewards good supporting and getting assists more than "Oh I can get a Kage's Lucky Pick or Aegis now...yay...."
Thresh is probably as close as we're happy going with infinite armor/MR, at least in the foreseeable. We did try letting him have MR as well as Armor/AP and ran into a lot of balance issues with that, even with the diminishing returns per soul collected. Even on a support that much free mitigation, to both primary types of damage, gets incredibly powerful.

ecstaSTEVE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2013

there's no way meddlre typed "sole exception" accidentally. i'm on my game tonight

UltimaFatum

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanvaer View Post
Something like 0.05% movement speed on Hecarim's Q for every creep he kills. Something pretty insignificant in early-mid game, but could give him some even more useful mobility late game if he choses not to buy Mobi/Swift boots. At 200 CS that'd only give him a 10% speed bonus, which then scales with his attack damage passive. >:3
There is SO much qq over his speed as it is though. I think MS is still really underestimated as to how godly a stat it can be. Imagine a character with any capacity to deal damage and build relatively tanky like most bruisers. Give them scaling MS and then you have something that is impossible to peel off your carry lategame :P

3ternalkarma

04-06-2013

you guys missed one... Anivia scales... with skill <_<