Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

m0ksha

04-03-2013

I will buy him and all his skins. [=

KrowdKlown

04-03-2013

I'm sure most of you have seen this thread ---> http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3298660 and they're basically saying, hey change is good, stop being haters. What? I am not being a hater hating for no reason, the LORE and his ABILITIES just don't add up, they didn't even buff him where it was necessary and his w was simply nerfed. They created a bland character with no readability nor continuity in any decent aspect. The problem is that everyone that says anything is defense of old trundle is just being a flamer. We need to go over there and explain like decent people WHY we're upset about this! We're not just a minority! We're a minority with a VOICE.

Abracadabro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

I have owned Junkyard Trundle since his release. Always liked the bucket on his head and his hair. Having said that, I don't like his HAIR in the reworked version of Junkyard Trundle. What's up with this ugly red irokese? It just looks bad. It's not even a proper irokese. It looks like a small red wig on his head. Give him his blonde or grey hair back, make it long. I pray that Riot changes it.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrowdKlown View Post
I'm sure most of you have seen this thread ---> http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3298660 and they're basically saying, hey change is good, stop being haters. What? I am not being a hater hating for no reason, the LORE and his ABILITIES just don't add up, they didn't even buff him where it was necessary and his w was simply nerfed. They created a bland character with no readability nor continuity in any decent aspect. The problem is that everyone that says anything is defense of old trundle is just being a flamer. We need to go over there and explain like decent people WHY we're upset about this! We're not just a minority! We're a minority with a VOICE.
The only follow-up we've had is Morello's comment here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalute View Post
Oh, you're online and posting? Can you or some other Rioters take the time to respond to how terrible the reception for new Trundle is in his thread and across the forums? It'd be super appreciated by a lot of people I'm sure
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I'm actually home sick today, but I know those guys are talking about it.
So it's being internally discussed, I guess, already. I've posted as politely as I can in every single thread there's been that I've seen. Just keep doing the same yourself. I'm waiting for the "response" at the moment since the data is now there.

MrSmileyy

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vDamon View Post
I have owned Junkyard Trundle since his release. Always liked the bucket on his head and his hair. Having said that, I don't like his HAIR in the reworked version of Junkyard Trundle. What's up with this ugly red irokese? It just looks bad. It's not even a proper irokese. It looks like a small red wig on his head. Give him his blonde or grey hair back, make it long. I pray that Riot changes it.
Junkyard was my favorite too, but its not even close to the same thing I bought before, it turned into something totally different....

deusxmachina32

04-04-2013

Here is Grumpymonkeys post dating back to 12/14/2012 assuring us Trundle fans that he would not take away the gross leprosy troll we love.

Quote:
So I feel like I need to clarify a bit here as GD likes to speculate and go off sometimes. (Speculating and going off is fun btw).
So I am not just trying to figure out what Trundle looks like, I am trying to figure out what Trolls in Runterra look like. Trundle was and is the only Troll we have, and to be honest, I am not a fan of his anatomy as a Troll. He feels almost like a Goblin in my opinion. I would like him to feel a bit more powerful. I acknowledge that many of you like the "Gross" factor. I like it too. I like that He slobbers, I like that he's sort of the "Pig Pen" (peanuts reference anyone?) of the League Roster. I want you to know that Relaunch team is not going to take away your Gross Leprosy Troll with the Poop tower. But I also want you to know I am trying to make Gross Leprosy Troll Poop tower look like he can go toe to toe visually with the likes of the newer champs. I also want you to know that he does need some art love, some particle love and some animation love, and by jove, he's gonna get it! I want to keep the things that are endearing about him intact, and build upon those themes. You guys are awesome. And I really do appreciate your passion and candor.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...18091#32418091

We have compiled here some of the most well reasoned, calm, and eloquent thoughts and ideas regarding the opposition to the new Trundle.

Unfortunately we are answered with what I perceive to be disrespect by Grumpymonkey who seemingly accuses us of being 'disrepectful' and 'emotional', which is a shame since we aren't the ones calling people 'faggy' or butthurt'

I mean to say, by making that post I believe he meant well, but has come off as disrespectful.

Quote:
Rauron, My take away from his post is that communication is a two way street. There can be no visibility without respect. As respect and rational arguments are practiced on the forums, you will see more developers wanting to interact on the forums, and the opposite is also true, If respect begins to wane, then there is a possibility that visibility and communication can suffer.
Riot has said many times it wants to be "The most player focused company in the world". This means that no matter how emotional people get in their posts, the Reds will read it and try to find the objectivity in the message, if there is none, then I respect that individuals right to vent, because they have a connection the game or character.
I love interacting with the community. I love that you guys are such huge fans of things that we make.That being said, I also love hearing the opinions and exchanging ideas with rational reasonable people.

I'm sure most of you have seen these posts, but I felt it would be good to post them here.

Muranodo

04-04-2013

As mentioned, it doesn't say much or really comfort the opponents; I thought I would post this here for those that don't follow the dev tracker. I've responded, myself, already:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
This isn't going to be much of a consolation because I'm really, really dead tired. A lot of people have just returned from PAX, GDC, and other functions. Dust is still settling. I've been on the forums for the past 2 weeks looking at feedback. So has Grumpy Monkey, so have a lot of people.

Nothing is being ignored.

Believe me. We honestly take a lot of it too personally quite honestly. When people tell GM that he's ripped the heart and soul out of their most beloved of characters and they're going to turn away from the game from feeling so emotionally destroyed.. well.. that's a little rough to lay on the shoulders of one guy. But whatever, we honestly are more than happy to listen and act where we can.

We're looking at all the feedback that's coming in, we're having meetings, doing the usual stuff. We're most likely going to do some sort of continued messaging talking about our process, explaining our intentions and decisions, and generally reaching out to the community to further clarify what's going through our brains.

I'm not certain what will be able to be achieved in terms of any content changing at this point in relation to the torrent of feedback currently hitting our shores. I'm at the very beginning of a process that goes on for months. I'm not going to offer any guarantees of anything. But I can assure you that no one is blind or deaf to the feedback coming in, but there's certainly no way for us to respond to every thread, in every territory, as things are emerging minute to minute. Please realize we're still guys with a day-to-day, we're still doing a lot more than you're privy to, but we assimilate everything. However, as craftsmen, as people who do have products to deliver, it's part of our job to listen to everything, but act on what we feel is the best course. Feedback must be analyzed, weighed, and selectively integrated. We can only do this so fast, based on what we feel is best from our particular angle of understanding.

We'll continue to meet and discuss how this is playing out and what actions will be taken either now or in the future. I'm not going to give any assessment, or make any conjectures, I just want to pop in, say that we're not licking up positive feedback and ignoring what's critical. It's impossible for us to do that. We're far to sensitive to not feel the vibe that's in the community, however, it's a lot of passionate feedback, at a single time, in large doses. That's a lot for anyone to effectively process in a short period of time.

Bear with us. We're just dudes trying to make some cool stuff. We're doing the best we can.

Muranodo

04-05-2013

Multiple responses by Ironstylus now that are largely lore related... in the I just realized why Trundle needed a lore change.

I tried to give a reply hitting on the unanswered questions on page 30. But thanks to everyone else who came before me and spoke of the emotional side and what we feel has been happening!

Reybag

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranodo View Post
Multiple responses by Ironstylus now that are largely lore related... in the I just realized why Trundle needed a lore change.

I tried to give a reply hitting on the unanswered questions on page 30. But thanks to everyone else who came before me and spoke of the emotional side and what we feel has been happening!
ironstylus its only answering to the easy questions like any politic will do,he hasnt even answer to one of itemsguy's posts

ironstylus is chosing the battles he can win and those he cant ,he never answer the post
.in this way he look "good" because answering question but in the end he is not really helping at all

for example in this topic http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post36399866

he said "Diana and Leona aren't factionally aligned, but they are regionally aligned with eathother" as a justification to leona not having a lore that conect to a big country

and so i replay him

so leona its ok because after her riot made a champion that its related to her.
the same could have been done for trundle,theres the necromancer who made trundle curse ( who has been ask for in some topics)

or could have been another troll ( which riot did but to replace trundle model which seems a waste of resources,it could have been a new champ and could have been related to trundle)

or could have been any other new champion ( only a little imagination is need to relate him with trundle)

and he never answer me

Muranodo

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reybag View Post
ironstylus its only answering to the easy questions like any politic will do,he hasnt even answer to one of itemsguy's posts

ironstylus is chosing the battles he can win and those he cant ,he never answer the post
.in this way he look "good" because answering question but in the end he is not really helping at all

for example in this topic http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post36399866

he said "Diana and Leona aren't factionally aligned, but they are regionally aligned with eathother" as a justification to leona not having a lore that conect to a big country

and so i replay him

so leona its ok because after her riot made a champion that its related to her.
the same could have been done for trundle,theres the necromancer who made trundle curse ( who has been ask for in some topics)

or could have been another troll ( which riot did but to replace trundle model which seems a waste of resources,it could have been a new champ and could have been related to trundle)

or could have been any other new champion ( only a little imagination is need to relate him with trundle)

and he never answer me
I wouldn't take it personally, but, well, yes... there haven't been any answers about why it couldn't be another troll, why Trundle got no skins, why no attempts were made at attaching him to other characters, and why there wasn't the possibly of expanding the tale with the necromancer. Sadly, as others have said a lot about the update was not lore but the actual ugly matter. And I know it's not going to be admitted to because there's probably a ton of hands in the matter---and I don't know Riot's inner circle politics on creation there and why anyone thought the fan base would be okay with taking an ice skin further.

We know the Leona matter is because we have a Rioter that loves the character and more so someone in art that loves the character. No one loves Trundle, frankly, it seems at Riot; there isn't the passion to carry that along.

He seems pretty jaded about the heat. It's not excusing the Trundle mess (at all); he pretty much exploded again at being told they killed the character. I can understand the stress; I don't know how exactly his hands are tied or what not. I just know he's exasperated; we can only keep on giving feedback on the matter until it's hopefully addressed.