I just realized why Trundle needed a lore change.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Awesome!

Tee hee.. the pink dotted line between Diana and Leona..
npnp

can you toss the guy a red post maybe? He deserves more credit for this.

Honestly I'd love if your website guys (who work for you, of course) could put together an interactive version of this so we can click someone and see who they're connected to etc. Maybe that could go in the lore tab while we're dreaming...

>the lore tab
>outdated map
>no judgements, journals, etc
>liek dis if u cry evry time

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

04-05-2013
11 of 32 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachesAndCorn View Post
Hello, Mr. Parrot!

One thing that I've noticed lately is that the lore doesn't seem to talk about the League much anymore. There is a lot more inter-character interaction, but it seems that the League, as an organization and as a political force, has taken a back seat to telling smaller, more personal stories about champions.

Is this a conscious direction for the lore?
I'm not going to speak for Creative but I believe in the value of personal inter-character stories than one driven by a monolithic political force. The Empire gave some fascinating insight to a vast universe oppressed by a harsh regime, but I cared more about whether Han and Chewy were going to make the jump to hyperspace.

Sessamo

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Twilight View Post
I agree completely, it's a good thing Riot didn't take the mystery out of Morde and Karthus during the shadow isles stuff... OH WAIT.
Yeah Morde being a magical disease in a suit of armor was really gripping stuff.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

04-05-2013
12 of 32 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex3omg View Post
can you toss the guy a red post maybe? He deserves more credit for this.
Done!

Also, yes, a website would be very cool.

RockJockey

04-05-2013

Iron Stylus, Quinn feels bland. Vanilla. I like Quinn, i like playing Quinn, but as far as personalities go, she is pretty forgettable. I find her mechanics more interesting than the Champion itself. The bird has more personality and it has less lines than she does. "Sometimes I swear that bird is just showing off." -Quinn

I know each champion cannot be bombastic and full of personality, but Quinn doesn't have alot of inflection in her voice, just this slightly smug tone.

I know Riot tries to fulfill fantasy archetypes. The "Ranger" (archer) fantasy is one that Ashe already posesses. Also, in popular media, it's one that''s been done before and is especially iconic, Legolas or Aragorn. How do you beat that? Quinn feels like shoving a square peg into a round hole, making a champion just for the sake of making a champion and the concept doesn't fit.

And how did Quinn being female, or even male for that matter, make a difference to the reception she had at your office? Shouldn't the base concept of Quinn have stood up despite whatever gender the champ was?

/end rant

P.S. sorry for possible derailment of thread.

Mirror

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Those suggestions are completely in a vacuum. Similarly, as much as I do enjoy Graves' little interaction with Nocturne, having him have an interaction with Twisted Fate is where we really need to go. Not superficial interactions.
As cute as things like that are (and the Zil/Voli thing), I still find it stunning that there's nothing between pairings like LeBlanc and Swain or Swain and Jarvan.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

04-05-2013
13 of 32 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metronomotopoeia View Post
As cute as things like that are (and the Zil/Voli thing), I still find it stunning that there's nothing between pairings like LeBlanc and Swain or Swain and Jarvan.
I'd opt for more of the latter if I had my druthers.

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Twilight View Post
Sure interesting interactions between champions and the world as a whole is important HOWEVER making trundle a far lesser character to tie him to the world more isn't the way to go about it, most lol champions are tropes more than they're characters and trundle was a rare exception to the standard. He was a gem in a pile of rocks so you guys took him out and replaced him with a rock that looked similar just not a shiny rock. I think there's a lot of problems in reasoning, because changing trundle like this is a failure on multiple levels of design.

First we have the people that decided that trundle was popular enough so he needed be a completely different character, I don't actually know why he's unpopular he's basically Deadpool but the flaw here is still that it's ok to have niche characters that don't appeal to a wide audience, in many ways that's a positive.

Next we have the lore team who didn't look at trundle as a character at all and reduced him to a trope, sure maybe one we didn't have yet but still they took a full fledged character and reduced him to a trope.

I don't actually have anything to say about the art team, the new art looks great and I wish so hard that this was just a new skin for him rather than a rework. Seriously that as a skin would be exactly what Trundle players have been asking for.
That was far more condemning and hyperbolic than I intended it to be and for that I apologize. I'll stick with the general message, I feel as though the method by which trundle was integrated more into the world was clumsy and removed a great well developed and interesting character from this IP.

FuYA

04-05-2013

Well as long as we are talking interactions....
I have always wanted to see Mundo having some sort of Interaction with somebody.... Mundo is kool, he is the Mad man of Zaun. Cant he have something going on

Alex3omg

04-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metronomotopoeia View Post
This. With as many interactions as DOTA 2 offers, it's surprising Riot hasn't really gone into this. They add some with new champions but I kind of hoped they'd go back and get some others done, though I guess it's expensive... and DOTA2 had the benefit of starting with these from the beginning.

Hopefully they are able to get some voice actors back one day and do it up.

Oh and get some alternate voice packs. And hats.

(Maybe in legol2)