What if aniva's wall was an actual wall?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

atatatatatata

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
So the difficulty here is that right now, temporary walls (Anivia, J4, etc) are using the minion-pathing-blocking system. Naively implementing this would mean that suddenly impale works against purple caster minions, making them even more OP.

So obviously, this calls for new pathing technology, which is a non-trivial amount of work.
Which boggled me when I heard about how the map's walls aren't actually defined as walls, just non-pathable zones. Seems like there were so many terrible decisions made that made it sometimes seem like the wc3 engine was laughing in your face. Actually, it still is in many situations to this day.

edit: to the guy above me, he probably meant condemn, whose tooltip mentions impaling the enemy

Steelflame

04-04-2013

But Xelnath, I heard a demon stone rest behind the pathing issues, if only they could be fixed, perhaps you might find one of the hidde--*gurgle*

Mango027

04-04-2013

Quote:
So the difficulty here is that right now, temporary walls (Anivia, J4, etc) are using the minion-pathing-blocking system. Naively implementing this would mean that suddenly impale works against purple caster minions, making them even more OP.

So obviously, this calls for new pathing technology, which is a non-trivial amount of work.
How does changing Anivia's wall impact impale, am I missing something?

XAlFias

04-04-2013

i have no idea what ANY of you are saying , nada , zip

Kuroi kiri

04-04-2013

Quote:

I loved that sejuanis arctic assault could break apart jarven/anivia/trundle terrain

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

04-04-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Cerebros Fenebrim Telantir Soroloquin Kaezanharash Maladanaroi.

LtEarthworm

04-04-2013

Quote:
Did Phreak just find another Demon Stone?

Lilinae

04-04-2013

Quote:
He's calling the demonstones to him. Quickly, someone tell Grift to get in here with his hammer!

Netteh

04-04-2013

Quote:
Disperse evil spirit!
Jungle Galio! Jungle Galio! Jungle Galiooo!

Mango027

04-04-2013

Quote:
Should we summon Nerf Master Suck Town?