Trundle Speed Sculpt

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venova

04-03-2013

Do any Rioters use Blender?

Venova

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Yeah, we changed Trundle, some people are upset, and that's totally valid, the forums are a place for you to be heard. But we gave people a free skin that looks like the old one trying our best to keep the aesthetic while holding on to the new things that we really liked. For the traditional skin, We are working on putting the poop tower back in, and there will be a few more surprises for junkyard and baseball trundle as well. I you look closely at the Junkyard skin he still has his sock on his foot.
My biggest thing I dislike about the new Trundle is his Pillar - it doesn't look like a pillar anymore, it looks like some generic piece of ice. Please if you can, change the model to be more of an obelisk pillar sort of thing like it was before!!! And give it the babyfood green yellow color for the traditional skin! (and change ice particles to green ooze stuff as before)!

Basil van Yhun

04-03-2013

Can Traditional Trundle get his old club back. The one that was shaped like a troll-fist. The new one looks way too smooth.

Other than that great work!

theoryyy

04-03-2013

@GrumpyMonkey
Quick question, I have the baseball skin for Trundle (yeah, I used to play him a lot)
What will happen once the rework goes live? Will it still be the old model? An updated skin?

Aeldei

04-03-2013

@Grumpy Monkey -> Hehehe, could you do something like this with a female champion? I definitely wont fap to it, I swear!

Or should I say, sculpt me one of those French Maid Nidalee!

Zehehehe!

GreekAsTheGods

04-03-2013

Quote:
Hey guys, We don't do the art spotlight speed painting stuff much anymore, so I decided to record the sculpting session for Trundle's vu to give you a bit of insight into the process. This was made in a program called Zbrush, it's like sculpting with digital clay. I usually start with one of the many blank models I have in my library, and then tend to push and pull shapes until I get the look I want.

https://vimeo.com/63208952

Also here are some turnarounds of the sculpts.
Do one of these for Sivir when you redo her too please. =)

LockCORE

04-03-2013

Let the down votes begin.

First of all this thread was about showing what went into making trundle's new model. This thread isn't about bashing a model designer for what he was supposed to do.

Personally I like the new trundle. HOWEVER I don't like how they tied him into Freiljord. Now the model was made based on where RIOT wanted to place him into.

Nevertheless I love the new design, good job Grumpy and keep up the good work for future VU's.

Sincerely,
A long time Trundle player.

Servaetes

04-03-2013

While we're working on Junkyard Trundle, make sure his spaghetti helmet makes it's way back!

Nicksiren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

This is so incredibly awesome... I just recently bought a Wacom tablet this year and I've been fooling around with some digital painting programs, but I've yet to attempt any 3D sculpting. Watching this along with other art spotlights is such an inspiration. It really let's me know that it's possible to create something great.

Solaris17

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-03-2013

Quote:
Hey guys, We don't do the art spotlight speed painting stuff much anymore, so I decided to record the sculpting session for Trundle's vu to give you a bit of insight into the process. This was made in a program called Zbrush, it's like sculpting with digital clay. I usually start with one of the many blank models I have in my library, and then tend to push and pull shapes until I get the look I want.

https://vimeo.com/63208952

Also here are some turnarounds of the sculpts.
@ riot grumpy monkey if you see this about how long do you think it took to remember/perfect all the muscle groups and placement? not for trundle but obviously looking at it you have previous experience with human muscle location.