Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlightlySuicidal

04-02-2013

so he's in PBE now and we really really don't like him. can we finally stop reserving our judgment and jump to the inevitable conclusion that you didn't care about long time trundle players all along???? that your "rework" was just a means of deleting something that a playerbase already paid for so that you could make a quick buck off a new playerbase while ignoring the desires of people who already had it???

this is so underhanded from riot. i doubt they are reading this or even care. but it feels like they just spread lies every step of the way: "his grossness isn't going anywhere"

Relkinn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

Could have saved alot of headache by making the lore build off of him beating the curse to become king. Why reboot when you could move a story forward.

Trundle finds a group of Ice trolls, he's honored for his sacrifice, an old ice troll shaman tells him about an ice witch that has an artifact that cure him and his tribe, he gets the club, convinces the ice witch not to kill him the same way he does in the new **** lore, leads the trolls to a better life.

How hard is that to write? No need for awful lore reboots.

SlightlySuicidal

04-03-2013

never forget trundle, never forget!

HotSauceBringer

04-03-2013

First, I don't understand why people care about the lore like its some classic literature to read. The lore is usually two paragraphs filled with nonsense any low tier fantasy writer can come up with half asleep. It's not like we have George RR Martin writing this stuff and they're scrapping it.

Second, the new Trundle looks way more appealing than the old one. Let say if Riot remake Miss Fortune, who has big titties and good looks, into a garbage old hag that shoots garbage as an ADC, would you guys be cool with it? So, people are having problem with Riot making Trundle prettier, but if they do the reverse, how would people react?

Lastly, this remake is pretty good in my opinion. I was never going to buy and play the old Trundle. He look like **** comparing to all other champions. When I saw the remake, I instantly wanted to buy him.

SlightlySuicidal

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauceBringer View Post
First, I don't understand why people care about the lore like its some classic literature to read. The lore is usually two paragraphs filled with nonsense any low tier fantasy writer can come up with half asleep. It's not like we have George RR Martin writing this stuff and they're scrapping it.

Second, the new Trundle looks way more appealing than the old one. Let say if Riot remake Miss Fortune, who has big titties and good looks, into a garbage old hag that shoots garbage as an ADC, would you guys be cool with it? So, people are having problem with Riot making Trundle prettier, but if they do the reverse, how would people react?

Lastly, this remake is pretty good in my opinion. I was never going to buy and play the old Trundle. He look like **** comparing to all other champions. When I saw the remake, I instantly wanted to buy him.
good for you

there were people actually attached to him because of his emotes/ugliness.

you have 100 good looking champs to use. you don't have to take away trundle from us.

Chillin

04-03-2013

Ill accept that it has come time for Trundle to be transformed, and after further looking at the changes they are indeed better and improved (im giving Riot Devs an A+ for effort on this) however I still enjoy this current Trundle (classic skin) it really is amazing, you've even acknowledge how we see him in the introduction of the rework; "Trading a skulking hobble for the confident, imposing stride of a troll king".

Now i've seen Traditional Trundle and It is great, but he isnt "smeagle" ish. All this to say, we need to keep this theme (current classic Trundle) alive as in, maybe make it an alternative skin; "Young Trundle" or "Cursed Troll Trundle".

TLDR: Lets keep the classic skin Trundle in the game (the way he is), in the form of an alternative (posibly legendary status) skin, as lets say "Young Trundle" or "Cursed Troll Trundle". Think of dbz where you got baby goku as an option for example

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

Quote:

Trundle's old lore made him a interesting, sympathetic character, and was one of Riot's more risky/creative works, while the new lore is quite average and bland by comparison.

There isn't enough lore background in the game as of now, but it can create characters and conflicts that are the building blocks of potential stories.

Noone contests that Trundle needed a touch up, but there is a place for grotesque champion themes such as old Trundle and Urgot.

There is also a place for beautiful, attractive, and handsome champions: but the roster is spiced up by some diversity.

Holy Malevolence

04-03-2013

Quote:

Lore establishes character, which gives a lot to the feel of a champion. And with most of the roster, that's basically all there is to a champion for most of the playerbase.
AKA the playerbase who don't play that specific champion. At least not consistently.

Trundle's persona was awesome. It's why I liked him. Even if I didn't care for his kit, I enjoyed the fact that the mangly troll existed as a mangly, funny troll with a morbid sense of humor. Just as I like Syndra being an overgrown child hellbent on keeping control over her life when she really doesn't use it well, and Riven being a heavily nationalistic soldier who had the balls to say enough is ****ing enough.

And, no, I would not support a complete removal of everything Miss Fortune is for the sake of turning her into everything she's not. But by the sounds of it, you actually would.

Oh, and your moronic shallow nature is something that would have been just as appeased by making this **** VU into a new champion.

MrSmileyy

04-03-2013

appealing to masses, they got their money from trundle on us, we cant refund him, so now they remake him to something generic every joe thinks is cool and make money again, meanwhile we left to the side feeling cheated. We are a minority anyways and don't matter to them so no loss I guess.

SlightlySuicidal

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmileyy View Post
appealing to masses, they got their money from trundle on us, we cant refund him, so now they remake him to something generic every joe thinks is cool and make money again, meanwhile we left to the side feeling cheated. We are a minority anyways and don't matter to them so no loss I guess.
indeed.

that's whats most annoying about it. this type of business dealing might not bite them in the ass tomorrow, but itll catch up as it always does when people do this to customers.