Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow Racoon

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranodo View Post
Seems important to post these quotations here from Ironstylus. I somewhat regret advocating him as being more risky. He's again solely defending --- though, it makes sense, considering; I don't wish to badmouth him.

----

Not much to sad but greater sadness and disgust. I also find most of the arguments for it to be subpar and pathetic.
I used to think that Iron understood characters a little bit better. Apparently, I was mistaken. If he really believes that making Trundle into -another- ice themed champion, and one who's drawn to look almost exactly like a WoW troll will somehow grant the populace some great Neverending Story fantasy fulfillment, then perhaps he needs to step back and consider if he's really an artist or simply a guy that draws **** that's already been done a hundred times.

Both he and Morello, it's very clear, have no concept of true characters, and only have aspirations of recycling what are already post-consumer ideas. I know I said it before in this thread, but if they are insistent on completely destroying characters, I find zero reason to play the game, and will uninstall the second I see a watered down WoW troll where a character used to be. Because if it's clear they're going to change characters we've come to care about at their very most fundamental level, then I can't be bothered to start caring for -any- character, since they'll all hit that point sooner or later, and be in line for another "cool" update.

MobiIe Ward

03-30-2013

All I see are butthurt fanboys.

MobiIe Ward

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Racoon View Post
I used to think that Iron understood characters a little bit better. Apparently, I was mistaken. If he really believes that making Trundle into -another- ice themed champion, and one who's drawn to look almost exactly like a WoW troll will somehow grant the populace some great Neverending Story fantasy fulfillment, then perhaps he needs to step back and consider if he's really an artist or simply a guy that draws **** that's already been done a hundred times.

Both he and Morello, it's very clear, have no concept of true characters, and only have aspirations of recycling what are already post-consumer ideas. I know I said it before in this thread, but if they are insistent on completely destroying characters, I find zero reason to play the game, and will uninstall the second I see a watered down WoW troll where a character used to be. Because if it's clear they're going to change characters we've come to care about at their very most fundamental level, then I can't be bothered to start caring for -any- character, since they'll all hit that point sooner or later, and be in line for another "cool" update.
"Both he and Morello, it's very clear, have no concept of true characters," wow ur gonna just diss them like that cuz u disagree with them on one little thing. i was right to call u guys butthurt fanboys.

Shadow Racoon

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryKittenSoup View Post
"Both he and Morello, it's very clear, have no concept of true characters," wow ur gonna just diss them like that cuz u disagree with them on one little thing. i was right to call u guys butthurt fanboys.
Thanks for the bump.

Holy Malevolence

03-30-2013

Quote:
You can call someone a murderer for stabbing someone to death.
So I'm going to go ahead and claim that the similar gutting of a character, while not justifying a criminal title, allows for such claims of lack of character understanding.

And at the end of the day I can find no better retort to you personally than to mock your usage of the single letter 'u'. People like 'u' make my eyes bleed, please find the nearest fire and do what comes most naturally to your splinter sized neural system.

Ophirr

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranodo View Post
Seems important to post these quotations here from Ironstylus. I somewhat regret advocating him as being more risky. He's again solely defending --- though, it makes sense, considering; I don't wish to badmouth him.

----

Not much to sad but greater sadness and disgust. I also find most of the arguments for it to be subpar and pathetic.
Ya know, not all Trundle fans hate his new remake. I'm an avid trundle player (he's one of my most played ranked champions), yet I love the new Trundle. He is now going to actually be part of the world of Runeterra, instead of some random troll that could one day get deleted and no one would be able to tell, since he has no connection to anything.
He has an amazing story and theme, being at the same time one of the most pitiful and one of the strongest characters in Runeterra, but it suffers from Isolation from everything else.
He fulfills a pretty awesome anti-tank/anti-bruiser role, but that role has been slightly taken over by penetration changes and the advent of league of warmogs/gap cosers, so I definitely see some justification in changing his kit around a little bit.
As for his looks/feel, I find that to be a matter of preference. But I do know that when I play him, I don't feel like a diseased creature who's spreading said pestilence around to the rest of the world, I feel like this epic troll hero who's bashing his club against the best the world has to offer, while being extremely resilient and hard to kill. I think being the Troll King helps to get that across better.

So before you start harassing Riot about how they destroyed this "epitome of perfection" that is Trundle, take a second and realize that this isn't a case of Trundle Players vs Riot. This is you, and a group of people with the same opinions vs Riot and a group of Trundle players with different opinions.

Adyalauder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2013

Trundle before sivir? Riot hates sivir for sure

MobiIe Ward

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophirr View Post
Ya know, not all Trundle fans hate his new remake. I'm an avid trundle player (he's one of my most played ranked champions), yet I love the new Trundle. He is now going to actually be part of the world of Runeterra, instead of some random troll that could one day get deleted and no one would be able to tell, since he has no connection to anything.
He has an amazing story and theme, being at the same time one of the most pitiful and one of the strongest characters in Runeterra, but it suffers from Isolation from everything else.
He fulfills a pretty awesome anti-tank/anti-bruiser role, but that role has been slightly taken over by penetration changes and the advent of league of warmogs/gap cosers, so I definitely see some justification in changing his kit around a little bit.
As for his looks/feel, I find that to be a matter of preference. But I do know that when I play him, I don't feel like a diseased creature who's spreading said pestilence around to the rest of the world, I feel like this epic troll hero who's bashing his club against the best the world has to offer, while being extremely resilient and hard to kill. I think being the Troll King helps to get that across better.

So before you start harassing Riot about how they destroyed this "epitome of perfection" that is Trundle, take a second and realize that this isn't a case of Trundle Players vs Riot. This is you, and a group of people with the same opinions vs Riot and a group of Trundle players with different opinions.
the fact that ppl disagree with this perfectly reasonable statement proves that u guys r just biased butthurt fanboys. u guys shouldnt even have an opinion if u just hate everything that goes against urs.

Ophirr

03-30-2013

Quote:
the fact that ppl disagree with this perfectly reasonable statement proves that u guys r just biased butthurt fanboys. u guys shouldnt even have an opinion if u just hate everything that goes against urs.
"biased butthurt fanboys?" You're not even contributing to the conversation, you're just looking to rage against a group of people. If you don't have constructive information to add, please remain quiet.

deusxmachina32

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophirr View Post

I get where you are coming from. I love Trundle as an anti tank. I suppose it is just a personal preference, but I would have liked them to improve on exactly what you talked about. Pestilence. Really make it feel like he is spreading the disease.

Instead they went in a new direction altogether. To me an ice troll is a bit more boring.

But that's just my opinion.

Still waiting for more information!!