Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FurryKittenSoup

03-28-2013

u diehard trundle fans need to stop being butthurt. u havnt even seen the changes yet.

Reybag

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryKittenSoup View Post
u diehard trundle fans need to stop being butthurt. u havnt even seen the changes yet.
we did see the pics of the new model and thats what most of us dont like ,thats not trundle at all,its not like when katarina got his new model, this new model is complete different from what trundle is
and even his "traditional skin" doesnt look as trundle at all,its another troll ,its not trundle

ItemsGuy

03-28-2013

Quote:
"You don't know everything, therefore you know nothing" is a bunk argument. People have made it many times in this thread, and I'll call them out every time.

Riot has released some changes--changes in lore, characterizaion, and visual appearance.

The "diehard Trundle fans" (ie. the people that valued what Trundle had to offer) have seen that these changes replace things that they liked, and are suitably upset. It's like your mom telling you that your kid brother was going to the doctor to get their broken arm in a cast, and coming back with a new kid entirely.

"We're updating Trundle!" shouldn't mean "we're getting rid of a number of things that were unique to Trundle and giving you this new guy instead!" Riot has previously stated that they knew what Trundle fans valued in him and that they intended to preserve it and improve upon it, but those statements are provably false (unless this is the most elaborate and cruel April Fool's joke Riot made to date).

This is why people are upset. This is what I am trying to explain to everyone going "GUYS SHUT UP IT'S FINE, YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO TRY OUT HIS GAMEPLAY WHICH RIOT SAYS THEY HAVEN'T CHANGED, ALSO I DIDN'T LIKE THAT TRUNDLE WAS UGLY THEREFORE HE WAS BAD"

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

Quote:
I think Trundle fans value his lore more than his kit.

I know I do personally, and I hate to see that lore go.

FurryKittenSoup

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
I think Trundle fans value his lore more than his kit.

I know I do personally, and I hate to see that lore go.
eh. its pretty good lore. i liked it. but it doesnt feel right to me when i play him. his lore makes him heroic. its like eating cereal with buffalo sauce instead of milk. ur not supposed to feel heroic when ur playing as a troll. ur supposed to feel like ur playing a caveman like brute who just beats people for no good reason.

FurryKittenSoup

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post
"You don't know everything, therefore you know nothing" is a bunk argument. People have made it many times in this thread, and I'll call them out every time.

Riot has released some changes--changes in lore, characterizaion, and visual appearance.

The "diehard Trundle fans" (ie. the people that valued what Trundle had to offer) have seen that these changes replace things that they liked, and are suitably upset. It's like your mom telling you that your kid brother was going to the doctor to get their broken arm in a cast, and coming back with a new kid entirely.

"We're updating Trundle!" shouldn't mean "we're getting rid of a number of things that were unique to Trundle and giving you this new guy instead!" Riot has previously stated that they knew what Trundle fans valued in him and that they intended to preserve it and improve upon it, but those statements are provably false (unless this is the most elaborate and cruel April Fool's joke Riot made to date).

This is why people are upset. This is what I am trying to explain to everyone going "GUYS SHUT UP IT'S FINE, YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO TRY OUT HIS GAMEPLAY WHICH RIOT SAYS THEY HAVEN'T CHANGED, ALSO I DIDN'T LIKE THAT TRUNDLE WAS UGLY THEREFORE HE WAS BAD"

ur biased because ur a fan of old trundle. thats why u call it bad before u even see the final result. u need to stop hating cuz ur in the minority. most ppl hated trundles old design and r looking forward to this.

ItemsGuy

03-28-2013

Quote:
eh. its pretty good lore. i liked it. but it doesnt feel right to me when i play him. his lore makes him heroic. its like eating cereal with buffalo sauce instead of milk. ur not supposed to feel heroic when ur playing as a troll. ur supposed to feel like ur playing a caveman like brute who just beats people for no good reason.
His lore doesn't make him heroic--he's still an outcast to his people. He's runty, but resilient. He's an underdog--and that's what his gameplay begins to capture (mainly through his bite and ult).

Quote:
ur biased because ur a fan of old trundle. thats why u call it bad before u even see the final result. u need to stop hating cuz ur in the minority. most ppl hated trundles old design and r looking forward to this.
Since this is concerning changes to old Trundle, liking the old Trundle for the qualities he provided actually carries some weight--considering that "upgrading" a champion should mean making what was good about it better, not changing it entirely (leaving very, very little of the original product intact).

This is the last time I'll say this: "You don't know everything, therefore you know nothing" is a bunk argument clinging to it will only serve to bite you in the ass once he comes out on the PBE and our worries are validated. What we DO know is that he looks different. What we DO know is that "leprous plague" is no longer a canonical element in his visual design (being replaced with the already-present-in-League "frost" theming). What we DO know is that he is no longer an underdog outcast (as he is commanding other trolls and has earned the title of "Troll King"). What we DO know is that he no longer has his runty physique and a club that's about as big as he is--and to this extend, we know that his movements will be different, as even if he retains his tripod walk, the differences in proportions will alter it into less of a scramble (which is what was cool about it).

There is information that Riot has presented to us, the community--this information confirms that many of the things that Trundle fans valued in his design has been replaced by things we already have plenty of, and people that valued what old Trundle had to offer are suitably disappointed.

Feel free to bum around and convince yourself that him being released on the PBE will somehow make him not an icy, hulking brute, and bring back the cool things about old Trundle--just know that this will only earn you burning vitriol at worst, and offhand dismissal at best.

Lee Is My Name

03-28-2013

My only concern as a Trundle player is that is crazy yet amazing laugh remains in tact. It's my favorite laugh in the entire game, I'd hate to see it gone.

Basilisk1991

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImogenArk View Post
I really liked Trundle's lore and judgement.

I'm sad to see it go..
He had a tribe and a curse which caused him to rot constantly, and he joined the league to find a cure...not a bad story but as Morello said it kind of left him floating in a lore void, it's not that he COULDN'T do anything, just that his current lore doesn't really connect to anyone else in any meaningful way. Also does this mean his particles are going to get an update?

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilisk1991 View Post
He had a tribe and a curse which caused him to rot constantly, and he joined the league to find a cure...not a bad story but as Morello said it kind of left him floating in a lore void, it's not that he COULDN'T do anything, just that his current lore doesn't really connect to anyone else in any meaningful way. Also does this mean his particles are going to get an update?
I'm not sure where you're going here. I guess you somewhat agree with Riot's position since you can see where they're coming from? They created the lore void themselves. As I mentioned in an old page, location really has nothing to do with it since the League of Legends was often a meeting ground for many champions. It's easy to picture Trundle, say, connecting with Skarner on the basis of self-sacrifice for their kind and still feeling lonely despite what sacrifices they made. Much like it was easy to see Malphite and Maokai strike up an odd sort of respect/friendship based off their existence. He wasn't popular, so they didn't invest the time.

His particles amongst other things are receiving an update, yes.