Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mad Hit Monkey

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrocalypse View Post
No you shut up. I don't even wanna point out everything that's an insult in your post, but let me tell you: Showing your dislike to people who generalize stuff by generalizing them is stupid. I don't think anyone who talks about their problems with the relaunch thinks he speaks for everyone, I don't even know how you got that idea.
And yet, none of my statements are false. I did highlight the statement that gives the impression that you think I'm making up.

Quote:
"Trundle is ruined!" group (consisting of Trundle's original playerbase).
Yeah, that's the part.

I'm not showing my dislike about people who talks about their problems with the relaunch, I'm showing my disdain for people who have displayed vehement, irrational behavior in their treatment of the Developer of this game who keep throwing out loud and flawed declarations on how EVERYTHING IS RUINED, and have taken the change as a personal offense.

PLENTY of people have said that they like the change, INCLUDING Trundle Players, so get off the high horse.

woopyfrood

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hit Monkey View Post
I love how the Anti-Relaunch group seems to think it speaks for all the Trundle players. There are some people who own and play Trundle that like the change, you know.
In no way are we speaking for ALL Trundle fans. That would be impossible, there have already been posts in this very thread from Trundle fans who like the new design.

But ItemsGuy's point that this change is a blatant disregard of the old Trundle fans still stands. Not all Trundle fans are in the ruined forever group, but everyone who is in the ruined forever group is a Trundle fan.

Mad Hit Monkey

03-27-2013

I would also like to concede one thing, of the people who have argued against the relaunch, you, ItemsGuy, appear to be the most rational.

I'd also like to concede that the arguments you're making are reasonable, though I've been following the thread for a while and you're only reiterating them in a more clear, concise manner.

I'll also concede that I've been a jerk in my responses, and do apologize.

I do not concede, however, that this is something to make a ****-storm over, or at least not yet, and I'd prefer to give the Rioters the benefit of the doubt rather than hammering Guilty at them. They are a video game company, after all.

woopyfrood

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBeNirvana View Post
Uniqueness doesn't necessarily equate with value. That's a fallacy a lot of Trundle fans are making right now.
So you're saying Trundle isn't valuable?

Maybe it's not that Trundle himself is bereft of value, but rather that you do not value him. Maybe he's just not the kind of character you like. There are over one hundred other unique and equally valuable characters for you to choose from, and more are on the way.

Holy Malevolence

03-27-2013

Quote:
Having a Champion powered by poop would be unique.

Would it be a good idea?
Yes.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2013

I've noted largely based off promise and past statements. These do equate to often more emotional appeals. For the more level headed and final product based individuals, these are going to seem more immature or entitled. As such, I try and still give Riot credit like when I initially addressed GrumpyMonkey after his first reply within. However, as one who follows a lot of the content from a tease to a release level I think there has been more than sufficient reveal info to make some early and alarmed comments. There is his signature walk and I admitted to them keeping it but as a result of his physique change mentioned my concern yet. It's why I said it would have made a great and different champion but I do not feel it fits. More involved minds than I have given good reason why.

PrinceOfTheCrows

03-27-2013

Quote:
Having a Champion powered by poop would be unique.

Would it be a good idea?

No.

Uniqueness doesn't necessarily equate with value. That's a fallacy a lot of Trundle fans are making right now.
(clap) Agree. I'm may have like it better if he was undead or some thing I all was thought with rot and disease(like Twitch.) But I never think of those sort of thing with trolls

Plus all the names fans have gave to his .Pillar of Filth makes me faceplam. I mean some of those are just bad taste.

eanford

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2013

This is really disappointing as a Trundle fan. An Ice Troll? What the heck is that? Did you really need to change Trundle so you could fit him into your lore discussions more? I honestly don't see anything that was wrong with the original lore. He was a troll, an outcast. This is what troll's are meant to be. Keep it that way. If you wanted to make an Ice Troll, you should make a new character, he could be Trundle's brother, Grundle.

Time to... Look like a deformed Glacial Olaf with a club.

Holy Malevolence

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanford View Post
Time to... Look like a deformed Glacial Olaf with a club.
Das what I've been saying.

Hoacs

03-27-2013

I know, the story is not out yet but i beg for a merge to not destroy one of the best stories so far.

Trundle was joining the League for someone to cure his curse and the Ice Witch could be just the person to lift it of course in exchange for his powerful body to carry the troll army to victory under her control.
He could have joined Ashe or Sejuani while they went back to Freljord and then got to know the Ice Witch.
His club could be the same just magically enhanced to make him able to let a pillar of ice rise out of nothing.
Thats the rough Prequel.

With the merge he would get a "you either die as a hero or live long enough to become the villain"-story turning from a hero of his tribe* to a villain of Freljord/Valoran/Runeterra/everyone.

His basic skills could mostly stay the same (QWE) with name and effect changed.

Decompose (renamed) could let him get HP-Regen for AD or HP or Armor+Mres fitting his highly regenerative body explained in the lore. Or simply giving him HP-Regen depending on missing health (something volibear-ish but not that extreme but permanently and scaling).

His ult is good in theory but not THAT helpful in the new HP stacking meta.
Maybe something like contaminating people with his old curse to show em how it was for him. Maybe a multi-cast true damage dot (scaling on max health) to either shred 1 enemy or put a dot on all of them.

Please if its bad dont just downvote and explain a bit whats wrong about it.