Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeikyuHaste

03-26-2013

I think this thread has ignored the Ice Witch, Lissandra and the marvelous news of black ice too much! Get some discussion about this going on!

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

03-26-2013
15 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Are you referring to the addition of Graves
To clarify that, yes, I am referring to the tweak to better connect him to Graves.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeikyuHaste View Post
At that time there were contradictions with what she knew about Talon and what had actually happened. Quinn knows nothing about Trundle, so in this case all she can do is say what she saw, how she saw it.
And in this journey she as found contradictions regarding Freljord as well, maybe the ice trolls have a reason beyond senseless war, maybe they camps are starting to penetrate into their territory, maybe human are being equally aggressive against them, there are a lot of possibilities that she is not considering in the report and that if she were on character she would at least point out (which the report is not addressing).

Edvard Rubeartis

03-26-2013

Quote:
I think this thread has ignored the Ice Witch, Lissandra and the marvelous news of black ice too much! Get some discussion about this going on!
Forget it. There are too many frozen things in the League as it is. :P Nobody cares about another champion that freezes the blood in your veins!!!
xD

Zerglinator

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
And in this journey she as found contradictions regarding Freljord as well, maybe the ice trolls have a reason beyond senseless war, maybe they camps are starting to penetrate into their territory, maybe human are being equally aggressive against them, there are a lot of possibilities that she is not considering in the report and that if she were on character she would at least point out (which the report is not addressing).
She still views Sejuani as a threat immediately. There's a possibility that Ashe might pose a greater threat to Demacia, but she doesn't take that into consideration. And remember, she's writing these things while on her travels. She doesn't have all the time in the world to consider every possibility when she just saw Trolls and heard about a Troll King. She's writing what she sees.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

Quote:
Its kind of small news compared to the Trundle controversy.

Bar Keep

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatedTitan View Post
Ughhh! IF YOU'RE GOING TO SAY THAT HE'S BASICALLY A COMPLETELY NEW CHAMPION, THEN JUST MAKE HIM A NEW CHAMPION!!!! There is NO reason to get rid of what Trundle is. Just make him some new troll from Frejlord. It doesn't have to be Trundle. Don't do this Riot. This is a poor excuse to get rid of my favorite character.

I literally want to just punch something right now because of my frustration. All I keep seeing from Red posts is "wait until its on PBE because by that time we can say 'suck it we're not changing it too bad so sad go cry in a corner'"...I thought Riot cared about their community. Apparently they care more about the players who don't play a champ than those who do.

And I swear if you make Lil' Slugger Trundle ice-themed I'll be getting a refund before you can say "Riot sucks."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Iggy View Post
*Takes a deep breath*
I came here ready to yell at Riot for destroying my favorite champion in the entire League. Trundle was the first new champion to be released when I started playing, he has been with me for my entire LoL career. When I saw that Gif I just wrote off the rework as "the thing I get to pretend doesn't exist", now I get here a read all that you guys have had to say and I can now say that while I still hate to see the old Trundle go, I will withhold my judgment for after Riot sends him out to the PBE. Now for all that makes me hate this re-work I am curious as to how his skill set is changing. I know that the skills will not but his QoL is, and in that I never had a complaint with him. People say he is clunky and I never saw it, maybe this is the ramblings of a day 1 Trundle player but I just don't see why he needed anything other then an art re-work. Any feed back from you Grumpy would be a major help.

Edit: Please if someone is going to down vote my post, put a reason why and don't just down vote because you disagree without standing or reason. I for one would love to have a Trundle discussion on his use and play ability.
So Sir to you I say this, how did raging about things get you likes yet my calm assessment get down votes. We are both from the point of we really don't want this re-work and are being forced to pray that it "might" work out. While you are going about it in your way I am waiting because I have faith that the team that MADE him can at least REMAKE him without screwing things up too badly. Yes I was here to rage but then they said they changed his model for the gif which I can get yes. I do ask they send us one of the new Trundle without his jaw detached to at least let us feel what they are doing to him in a more truer sense. But to that end I say let us play our favorite champ the way he is while we can and when the day comes that we see his re-work then we can decide what to say and do about it. If the voices of the Trundle players are loud enough they will change things around, whether they will stop everything and think about it more is up to them.

Edit: Let's play a game shall we? Let's see who gets more up votes to down votes, the guys who are calm and rational or the ones running around yelling like 2 year olds having their toys taken away.

Bad Luck Braum

03-26-2013

When I heard about the trundle rework even if its just aesthetic and possibly QOL. I instantly redownloaded this game. My hope in riot may be restored !!!!!

Bes7iA

03-26-2013

here is a lil comparation (maybe i exagarate a lil bit) between old trundle and new trundle
and how i feel them

it looks so much more human now, it is no longer the rabid primieval monstrous cursed deformed guy that i liked so much.

i apreciated that he finally made it into the rework team, but i guess that they went the opposite direction i would have taken

(talking just about the traditional skin and how it looks here)

i just hope the taunt, laugh and dances stays the same on his traditional skin

FatedTitan

03-26-2013

Nothing like filing a BBB request. I can't wait for the response, though I know it will be months away.