Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Edvard Rubeartis

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Well, wasn't that story written from Quinn's perspective? Be sure to take that into account.
True dat. But its the only image you guys gave us, and if you had wanted to give us any other one (such as liking the New Trundle), why didn't you?

Or, am I the fool because you WILL give us a different picture, but not now. >.<

Bar Keep

03-26-2013

*Takes a deep breath*
I came here ready to yell at Riot for destroying my favorite champion in the entire League. Trundle was the first new champion to be released when I started playing, he has been with me for my entire LoL career. When I saw that Gif I just wrote off the rework as "the thing I get to pretend doesn't exist", now I get here a read all that you guys have had to say and I can now say that while I still hate to see the old Trundle go, I will withhold my judgment for after Riot sends him out to the PBE. Now for all that makes me hate this re-work I am curious as to how his skill set is changing. I know that the skills will not but his QoL is, and in that I never had a complaint with him. People say he is clunky and I never saw it, maybe this is the ramblings of a day 1 Trundle player but I just don't see why he needed anything other then an art re-work. Any feed back from you Grumpy would be a major help.

Edit: Please if someone is going to down vote my post, put a reason why and don't just down vote because you disagree without standing or reason. I for one would love to have a Trundle discussion on his use and play ability.

SeikyuHaste

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
That doesn't make sense, Quinnis not the kind of person that go around making conjectures and labeling people without a deep analysis, like when she rationalized that Talon wasnt the assassin that Demacia was looking for.

Either, she already did a deep investigation that lead her to the hypothesis that the trolls are planning to go to war now that they have a smart king, or she is completely being portaiyed out of character and calling the troll savage warmongers just because they attacked a camp without investigating further into the reasons why (which I really hope is not the case).
At that time there were contradictions with what she knew about Talon and what had actually happened. Quinn knows nothing about Trundle, so in this case all she can do is say what she saw, how she saw it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
That doesn't make sense, Quinnis not the kind of person that go around making conjectures and labeling people without a deep analysis, like when she rationalized that Talon wasnt the assassin that Demacia was looking for.

Either, she already did a deep investigation that lead her to the hypothesis that the trolls are planning to go to war now that they have a smart king, or she is completely being portaiyed out of character and calling the troll savage warmongers just because they attacked a camp without investigating further into the reasons why (which I really hope is not the case).
Good point.

Fioret

03-26-2013

I was wondering... will Junkyard Trundle (Once upgraded) still be a leprosy troll or a new frost troll?

For some reason, I find it hard to picture a northern Frost Trolls covered in junkyard garbage from civilized places.

MrTharne

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edvard Rubeartis View Post
True dat. But its the only image you guys gave us, and if you had wanted to give us any other one (such as liking the New Trundle), why didn't you?
Wait his new lore ?

Waiting is such a hard thing to do.

Zerglinator

03-26-2013

Quote:
Well, wasn't that story written from Quinn's perspective? Be sure to take that into account.
THANK you.

Valkymie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

goddammit riot i was expecting news about lissandra
/successfully trolled

not that im not glad trundle is getting a remake tho <3

FatedTitan

03-26-2013

Ughhh! IF YOU'RE GOING TO SAY THAT HE'S BASICALLY A COMPLETELY NEW CHAMPION, THEN JUST MAKE HIM A NEW CHAMPION!!!! There is NO reason to get rid of what Trundle is. Just make him some new troll from Frejlord. It doesn't have to be Trundle. Don't do this Riot. This is a poor excuse to get rid of my favorite character.

I literally want to just punch something right now because of my frustration. All I keep seeing from Red posts is "wait until its on PBE because by that time we can say 'suck it we're not changing it too bad so sad go cry in a corner'"...I thought Riot cared about their community. Apparently they care more about the players who don't play a champ than those who do.

And I swear if you make Lil' Slugger Trundle ice-themed I'll be getting a refund before you can say "Riot sucks."

KuzAnn

03-26-2013

Quote:
Then there are reworks like twisted fate where we change the look and the lore, but gameplay is largely unaffected.
Wait, what? You changed Twisted Fate's lore when you updated his look? But his bio looks the same as it was before the update, and the League wiki doesn't say anything about his lore being changed... Are you referring to the addition of Graves or...? I'm at a bit of a loss here.