Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlVIR

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
I thought Soraka got the lore change and that was about it? why she in VU section?
sorakas lore was updated before she got her VU

Crownface

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
So this is something we addressed with Karma's relaunch and maybe we ca do better job messaging this, but there are different tiers of reworks.

There are visual upgrades like nidalee, soraka, Annie, where only art assets are changed.

Then there are reworks like twisted fate where we change the look and the lore, but gameplay is largely unaffected.

Then there are relaunches, where the character can be evolved from all aspects, lore gameplay and art. Karma was our first. Trundle is qualifying as a relaunch since his new base is different enough from his old base to warrant the "traditional" skin.
I understand that, but I could tell that Karma was still Karma even though she looked radically different from her old model and splash.

I couldn't tell that Trundle was Trundle from that gif Morello posted though, it's really different. It's less of an "evolution" of his character than a complete destruction and reconstruction of the champion, which I think is way too dramatic.

Edvard Rubeartis

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Mako View Post
Perhaps Trundle is still relatively small for a troll in Valoran? I share your concern, but until we know his new lore it's not fair to presume we know why he fights.
Perhaps its an assumption made by NEW way he looks combined with the added sense of violence from the original Riot post.
Quote:
stealing supplies and murdering their hunters
Quote:
Trolls (hulking, awful brutes) sacked a small village in the distance and smashed everything they couldn’t take. I couldn’t save the tribesmen—they were already dead.
From the hints in this post, its hard to get any other picture.

So Riot, it may be a good idea to release that lore sooner than later before the waters of misconception downed everyone, and we become so negatively polarized that we just don't care for the hard work that you have done.

woopyfrood

03-26-2013

Quote:
Then there are relaunches, where the character can be evolved from all aspects, lore gameplay and art. Karma was our first. Trundle is qualifying as a relaunch since his new base is different enough from his old base to warrant the "traditional" skin.
And that is what I don't like. Why not make it just a visual upgrade?

Nothing was objectively wrong with his original concept, so why throw that away instead of just giving it better graphics?

He was disgusting, scrawny, wild and funny. Not a lot of people were interested in that, but those who were absolutely loved Trundle. Giving him what is essentially a new champion's design is huge disservice to the cult following that liked his punk underdog appearance, and Traditional Trundle does not do them justice.

Nagor

03-26-2013

Hey GM Can we be expecting any more VU or relaunches or reworks in store for some of the old freljord champs (Anivia Nunu) ?

And hopefully some other juicy things for Freljord?
Keep up the good work at riot I'm always impressed with the things you guys do next and hope I get a reply thanks

Aacey

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
What’s this…? Is this… a troll?

What’s a troll doing in the Freljord? Are we… trolling you?

[aws3]news/March_2013/03_25_2013_-_teaser/NewTrundleDance.gif[/aws3]

On a more serious note, some of you will probably guess that if there’s a troll and he’s wielding a club… it’s Trundle! So we wanted to give you a taste of what’s to come, namely Trundle’s relaunch and his reimagining in the icy north.

While old Trundle certainly had a unique narrative and visual design, we always felt he was disconnected from the rest of the world. This inhibited the number of stories we could tell with Trundle and, well, we want to tell stories about him. Trundle’s upcoming changes include a gameplay update (more of a quality improvement than a rework – similar in scope to our Taric changes in [URL2="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeH8HzGi3sc&t=01m57s"]3.03[/URL2]), a new ice-themed aesthetic (if you couldn’t guess), and a new story that ties Trundle to the brewing conflict in the Freljord.

Stay tuned in the coming weeks, because we’ve got plans for Trundle – not to mention that Trundle has plans of his own!

You’ll have to wait to hear more, but here’s something to tide you over. [URL2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3224791"]As with Karma’s relaunch[/URL2], anyone who owns Trundle before his relaunch will get this Traditional Trundle (has a nice ring to it) skin for free:

[aws2="news/March_2013/03_25_2013_-_teaser/Trundle_Traditional_Comic.jpg"]news/March_2013/03_25_2013_-_teaser/Trundle_Traditional_Comic_thumb.jpg[/aws2]
a few of questions sins Grumpy Monkey seems to have been here and in the mood to answer them recently.

1. i read earlier that the gifs jaw was you guys having fun in the great spirit of trolling, but but based on trundles current kit that would be more appropriate for him to "bite" people with should i assume since he will no longer have the facial structure to support that action that will be on of the updates?

2. does he still run like old trundlei love the fact that he walked on 3 using his legs and one hand. it was unque, and unless you decide to make a gorilla champ(wukong is the "monkey" king, gorilla are apes, he doesnt count) then i dont see any other way to incorperate it into league.

3. im assuming the rework will include a new Vo and im all fine and dandy with that although i always loved to laugh at trundles lines. i only ask one thing please dont change his champ select line unless you believe it to be a true improvement

other than that with the VUs getting better and better i get more and more excited to see what you do with sion

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

03-26-2013
14 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edvard Rubeartis View Post
Perhaps its an assumption made by NEW way he looks combined with the added sense of violence from the original Riot post.

From the hints in this post, its hard to get any other picture.

So Riot, it may be a good idea to release that lore sooner than later before the waters of misconception downed everyone, and we become so negatively polarized that we just don't care for the hard work that you have done.
Well, wasn't that story written from Quinn's perspective? Be sure to take that into account.

SlVIR

03-26-2013

wtf read the title of post

they are currently releasing the lore lol

chief7

03-26-2013

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Champion_Skin

"Morello has confirmed that Trundle has received a new classic skin as part of his visual upgrade and minor kit rework. His current classic skin has been upgraded, and will be made available as Traditional Trundle in the same manner as Traditional Karma.[20]"

So it looks like we get to keep the old Trundle if we so desire.

This is good will he still run and laugh the same way?

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

Quote:
Well, wasn't that story written from Quinn's perspective? Be sure to take that into account.
That doesn't make sense, Quinnis not the kind of person that go around making conjectures and labeling people without a deep analysis, like when she rationalized that Talon wasnt the assassin that Demacia was looking for.

Either, she already did a deep investigation that lead her to the hypothesis that the trolls are planning to go to war now that they have a smart king, or she is completely being portaiyed out of character and calling the troll savage warmongers just because they attacked a camp without investigating further into the reasons why (which I really hope is not the case).