Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Icebender

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Most likely April Fools joke. The visual update of the old Trundle skin will be the actual original skin, and this is actually a promotion for a new trundle skin that everybody wanted him to have one. So far the past events have all been a promotion to new contents that people have to buy, like the holiday skins, wards, and discount in RP. The best thing they can do now, is just to give this free Trundle skin to everybody.

Taken from analyzing 50/50 people love/hate this change. Riot would have to do this to please everybody.

FatedTitan

03-25-2013

If they heard us, they should respond. Reds responded to the Sakura Karma pleas. This has been posted for hours and we've gotten one red post trying talking about Jarvan instead of Trundle.

FatedTitan

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebender View Post
Most likely April Fools joke. The visual update of the old Trundle skin will be the actual original skin, and this is actually a promotion for a new trundle skin that everybody wanted him to have one.

I wish I believed you....

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
There is so much of the Freljord Quinn has yet to see, and she has already encountered trolls! What started as a simple reconnaissance mission seems to be turning into something more sinister. This worries me - what else might she find on her travels?

I dare not utter my worst fears. If Prince Jarvan knew what was happening, I think his heart might skip a beat. Poor Jarvan, sitting all alone in his chambers - I hope he finally takes the opportunity to write Quinn back!
I'm going to have to put a stop to your Quinn x Jarvan shipping! Jarvan x Shyvana is clearly the one, true pairing!

KiyoSpirit

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaito Yuujou View Post
I'm going to have to put a stop to your Quinn x Jarvan shipping! Jarvan x Shyvana is clearly the one, true pairing!
I actually ship Quinn x Shyvana, so.....XD

Rustmaker

03-25-2013

I really hope they leave Trundle the sympathetic character that he was in the original lore. This new one just makes him seem barbaric, assaulting tribesmen and hunters. I'm hopeful the lore team can make it work, but I just don't want him to turn into the cheesy "ugly, troll villain".

PS: Otherwise, I think the rework looks pretty solid. However, I don't like his 3-fingered hands (just my personal opinion :x)

VexTheHex

03-25-2013

Oh this is exciting!

Karma Relaunch!
ZAC!
Freljord Lore!
Sejuani Relaunch!
Lissandra? Ice Witch?!?!
Trundle Relaunch!

I'm looking forward to all of it and appreciate Riot's hard work at all this incredible content on the way.

P.S.- Trundle looks like his skin is covered in frost bite, perhaps the Ice Queen cursed his people and he is trying to lead his people to find the culprit and kill her to end the curse. AKA Trundle is still the "cursed" troll and gives reason for the trolls to be on a war path.

VicariousxD

03-25-2013

I have to start by saying that I had a long post written up, but I decided to re-write it in a more factual tone and try to avoid "frowned upon" words a little bit more.

Allow me to begin by stating that I main Trundle. I picked Trundle because he seemed unique, and as soon as I first played him I feel in love with his play style. I had heard a lot about him being less-than-superb, and it made sense with his relatively low pick rate, but I found him to be completely viable. I imagine any professional player and most experienced players will agree that, albeit situational, Trundle is a viable pick. Most of all, one of my favorite features of Trundle was his low-profile though. Not many people played him; something I valued, after playing Rengar frequently and having him crushed from me, and the same fate slowly descending upon Hecarim, another champion I picked up prior to him being FotM. I had thought and hoped that with Trundle I would be nearly immune to such happenings. After all, who would decide to mess with a lowly troll that is ignored by the short sighted? Needless to say, I am less than pleased with the announced rework.

Trundle is not a common champion, because he is not the same as all of the others. He needs a slightly altered play style. Most people don't want to take the time to learn how to play a champion they already rarely see, and that is their own issue. I am confident to say that he is a very rewarding champion when used properly. I am usually one of the first to encourage change to the game, and I usually trust all of you down there at Riot to do the best for the game. For the most part (*cough cough* overstatement *cough*), you all manage to succeed at such, but I fear this is a different case due to the nature of Trundle and those who take the time to actually learn how to play him.

I have to wonder, of what purpose is this rework? Not to point fingers and call names, but it is more-or-less apparent to me that it is based off of a semi-corporate motive. Bluntly, it seems to me that this rework is entirely to convince people to spend money on Trundle and/or his skins. There is nothing wrong with a company attempting to make more of a profit, and I will be the first to say that, but what about player satisfaction? Is that completely null and void as soon as the ability to yield a profit comes into play? Face it, when it comes to a champion like Trundle, those who play him in his current state agree he is viable, and those who do not have not attempted to use him or just given into the populate view of him being "weak." I see any form of Red response to this highly unlikely, but please, if you care any bit about your player-base at all Riot, attempt to convince me otherwise. Explain to me how this Trundle rework is to the benefit of anything more than your profit margins. If it is anything other than such, why rework an already viable champion? Why not Heimerdinger instead? If you do explain this, I will be more than happy to consider the information you provide to me. If I actually receive a response, I will be more than happy to give true reasoning aside from my personal opinion on why Trundle is fine how he is.

In conclusion, I apologize for any disdainful tone you make take from this. I have whole-fully supported Riot as a company from the time I began playing and, for the most part, enjoy their customer-service. I will grant the benefit of the doubt and assume myself to be over-reacting to this and wait for further information, but I somehow expect this to be the turning point of League for me. As stated above, any (highly unlikely) Red response addressing points I have made in this post would be appreciated, and I applaud any of you Rioters who have managed to stomach my writings all the way through this, despite a more-than-likely differing opinion to that of your own. In the mean time, I will wait patiently for further information on his rework so I can begin to assess what toll this will truly be taking on him.

Also, perfect example of what I mentioned:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyro Elloyn View Post
Holy ****, you're pulling out so many VUs and Free Skins in such a short period, now I gotta buy Sejuani and Trundle. D:

octavian1127

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
There is so much of the Freljord Quinn has yet to see, and she has already encountered trolls! What started as a simple reconnaissance mission seems to be turning into something more sinister. This worries me - what else might she find on her travels?

I dare not utter my worst fears. If Prince Jarvan knew what was happening, I think his heart might skip a beat. Poor Jarvan, sitting all alone in his chambers - I hope he finally takes the opportunity to write Quinn back!
he's probably to busy with Shyvana to be doing any writing....

GlurakTheGreat

03-25-2013

. Played trundle religiously in S1 and 2. Was so sad to see him just sitting there... I AM SO HAPPY NAO!

TO BE A TROLL YOU MUST HAVE HONOR... HONOR AND A WEEEEENIS