Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CragBlade

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
There is so much of the Freljord Quinn has yet to see, and she has already encountered trolls! What started as a simple reconnaissance mission seems to be turning into something more sinister. This worries me - what else might she find on her travels?

I dare not utter my worst fears. If Prince Jarvan knew what was happening, I think his heart might skip a beat. Poor Jarvan, sitting all alone in his chambers - I hope he finally takes the opportunity to write Quinn back!
I am getting tired of this.

Jarvan and Garen are secret lovers. Only Shyvana and I know.

PhoenixSlayer13

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTome View Post
As a long time Trundle player and fan, I suppose I should weigh in on what I think about the changes so far:

The Good
- Trundle is the Troll King? Awesome. It's nice to see one of my favorite champs in a position of power and importance in the non-League world. Additionally, putting him at odds with Ashe finally gets us a potential antagonist beast race in the Freljord. There's a lot of beastmen from the Frozen North (Cryophoenixs, Yetis, Bear-people) who are all seemingly totally cool with humans ruling the place, which I always found kinda unusual and lame. Having Trundle be the one to stand up and say 'no' to Ashe and Tryn's forced monarchy makes him an important character on the world stage, which I like. Fight the power Trundle!

The Bad
- All of old Trundle's abilities revolved around sickness, which it sounds like they are getting rid of. Pillar of Filth can be easily turned into Pillar of Ice, I guess. But what about Rabid Bite? Contaminate? Agony? Decompose? You can probably make these things Ice-based as well, but the real question is, should you? We have a lot of ice-based champs in the League, but very few plague based ones. Trundle's reliance on sickness made him different from other champs and fit very well with his role as de-buffer and area control. He was a sickly troll who made your team worse at what they did by contaminating the ground under you and giving everybody rabies while beating them with a big club, that's not something you see all that often in League. It seems foolish to replace something unique about Trundle with something generic, even if it is to fit lore.

The OK
- His new looks are odd and not what I'm used to, but I understand. Muscular Buff Trundle may not be the troll I know and love, but it works with his new lore. Non-buff guys can't be king. If that were true, Ezreal would be king. Do you want King Ezreal? I thought not. Since Trundle's a king now, he has to look the part.

- I really hope his skill set still focuses around sustain and de-buffing. It was one of the things that made him an amazing jungler. The Troll belongs in the jungle, Riot! Don't change that!
Pretty much my thoughts. The curse is what made Trundle... well, Trundle.

Flytrap

03-25-2013

Quote:
There is so much of the Freljord Quinn has yet to see, and she has already encountered trolls! What started as a simple reconnaissance mission seems to be turning into something more sinister. This worries me - what else might she find on her travels?

I dare not utter my worst fears. If Prince Jarvan knew what was happening, I think his heart might skip a beat. Poor Jarvan, sitting all alone in his chambers - I hope he finally takes the opportunity to write Quinn back!
Jarvan needs to stop whoring around and go back to his first love Shyvana.

Sinspurch

03-25-2013

Quote:

im willing to bet in this story Quinn gets captured by trolls or the next territory camp she encounters, Valor sends an SOS message to Prince Jarvan and he rushes to her rescue. BAM!

Hellioning

03-25-2013

1.5/3 on visual updates. New Trundle looks fine.

On the other hand, I don't see how they're going to keep his current abilities with the new theme.

But as long as he keeps his ridiculous quotes, I will be fine.

RuneLegends

03-25-2013

I actually liked Trundle. lol

Robbynn

03-25-2013

I understand what is being done with lore but dislike it. He was a hero that took the curse of his whole people unto himself. That is why I liked Trundle so much. Now he is just another bad troll. So disappointed now.

Talith PA

03-25-2013

Quote:

How can he be alone in his chambers when Shyvana is right there!?

The SkyBorne

03-25-2013

Why does trundle look like Kratos from God of War

Deafiler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SkyBorne View Post
Why does trundle look like Kratos from God of War
Because Leprosy is ugly, apparently.

Bye-bye Urgot. ;_;