Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ransom

Creative Designer

03-25-2013
3 of 15 Riot Posts

There is so much of the Freljord Quinn has yet to see, and she has already encountered trolls! What started as a simple reconnaissance mission seems to be turning into something more sinister. This worries me - what else might she find on her travels?

I dare not utter my worst fears. If Prince Jarvan knew what was happening, I think his heart might skip a beat. Poor Jarvan, sitting all alone in his chambers - I hope he finally takes the opportunity to write Quinn back!

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlySuicidal View Post
I'm gonna be blunt here but here it goes.

They don't care about older trundle players. They don't. Every time a thread popped up about their upcoming rework they'd only respond to posts that said "i not play trundle because he ugly make him no ugly and i play."

Meanwhile actual trundle players would post legitimate points about their thoughts towards the rework which were promptly ignored. Riot doesn't want an ugly champ in this game - not even one. Watch urgot get the next thing where he's no longer undead but from freljord as well and he has boobs now.
My feelings exactly. Skin thread asking for thoughts and what we like about Trundle was a joke.

FatedTitan

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
But Morello already did that in the second post within this very thread. Just because you personally overlook Riot's reasoning doesn't mean they don't have any.
His reasoning is exactly what I said. They couldn't find ways to tie him in, they decided to redo everything about him. It's a weak argument. If you have issues with the tying in the character because no one else is from their region, take the hint and ADD SOMEONE FROM THAT REGION!

I'm utterly disappointed with this.

RaynerWolf

03-25-2013

As someone who has enjoyed Trundle since his release I gotta say I'm massively disappointed that the only thing non-gameplay wise that seems to be transitioning is his name. I can live with that though as you're trying to make the shift easier with the traditional skin. However the traditional skin as it stands barely even resembles the goofball Trundle was. I implore to you please go back to it and make him more like his old self instead of this brute. Heck I would even be okay with just having his current model as the traditional skin.

Penkanuin

03-25-2013

I'm not sure if this has been posted before but I looked through the Journal of Justice since it has been brought up frequently and I don't see any disparity between this and the old lore.

"It has been said that the Ruhgosk have found deliverance from their malady in a most unlikely source and have managed to save their tribe. A Ruhgosk tribal warrior known as Trundle has ritualistically taken on the suffering of his tribe with the help of the presiding shamans, becoming a festering beast of disease sustained only by his remarkable regenerative powers. With their curse lifted and their terrifying savior leading the charge, the Ruhgosk have reemerged to reclaim their hereditary lands. The usurper tribes, proving to be no match for the fury of Ruhgosks' renewed vigor, have been shattered and forced to resort to nomadism."

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...me_1,_Issue_10

Leu164

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
There is so much of the Freljord Quinn has yet to see, and she has already encountered trolls! What started as a simple reconnaissance mission seems to be turning into something more sinister. This worries me - what else might she find on her travels?

I dare not utter my worst fears. If Prince Jarvan knew what was happening, I think his heart might skip a beat. Poor Jarvan, sitting all alone in his chambers - I hope he finally takes the opportunity to write Quinn back!
Oh the teaseeeeer the hype

Swanhaven

03-25-2013

Quote:
You

You are my second favorite

After IronStylus

P.S: Please get the person who is writing these to make one where Jarvan writes Quinn back

FatedTitan

03-25-2013

Quote:

And everyone in the thread who has voiced valid concerns gets this response...wow....

TheTome

03-25-2013

As a long time Trundle player and fan, I suppose I should weigh in on what I think about the changes so far:

The Good
- Trundle is the Troll King? Awesome. It's nice to see one of my favorite champs in a position of power and importance in the non-League world. Additionally, putting him at odds with Ashe finally gets us a potential antagonist beast race in the Freljord. There's a lot of beastmen from the Frozen North (Cryophoenixs, Yetis, Bear-people) who are all seemingly totally cool with humans ruling the place, which I always found kinda unusual and lame. Having Trundle be the one to stand up and say 'no' to Ashe and Tryn's forced monarchy makes him an important character on the world stage, which I like. Fight the power Trundle!

The Bad
- All of old Trundle's abilities revolved around sickness, which it sounds like they are getting rid of. Pillar of Filth can be easily turned into Pillar of Ice, I guess. But what about Rabid Bite? Contaminate? Agony? Decompose? You can probably make these things Ice-based as well, but the real question is, should you? We have a lot of ice-based champs in the League, but very few plague based ones. Trundle's reliance on sickness made him different from other champs and fit very well with his role as de-buffer and area control. He was a sickly troll who made your team worse at what they did by contaminating the ground under you and giving everybody rabies while beating them with a big club, that's not something you see all that often in League. It seems foolish to replace something unique about Trundle with something generic, even if it is to fit lore.

The OK
- His new looks are odd and not what I'm used to, but I understand. Muscular Buff Trundle may not be the troll I know and love, but it works with his new lore. Non-buff guys can't be king. If that were true, Ezreal would be king. Do you want King Ezreal? I thought not. Since Trundle's a king now, he has to look the part.

- I really hope his skill set still focuses around sustain and de-buffing. It was one of the things that made him an amazing jungler. The Troll belongs in the jungle, Riot! Don't change that!

CynicalGiant

03-25-2013

Quote:

I am getting tired of this.

Jarvan and Garen are secret lovers. Only Shyvana and I know.