Lux AP scale bad really?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stormsoul

10-21-2010

her ratios are decent, but it's also a problem of long CD's and low base numbers that she suffers from. i think she'll be fine after the change that lets her passive proc on spell hits goes through. after that she'll be in a pretty good spot, her w might still need some tweaking but overall she's a solid support. outdone by morgana and sona of course, but they're not totally balanced to begin with.

i can see her doing a lot more damage once her passive gets changed though. lucent singularity a few people, then follow it up with a death laser to ignite your passive on everybody hit? hell yes.

RoccoSacco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroine View Post
@op
Also this doesnt show anything.

Some abilies are AoE and thus scale better. IE anivias ice ball has some of the best scaling in the game, 1:1 on a single target and 1:2 on AoE
woops double post.
I said in my post that it doesn't take into account AOE or DOT and her "ice ball" Flash Frost gets .5:1 not 1:1

Equos

10-21-2010

lol at including zileans ult in ap ratio assessment

logg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

lux doesn't really need to scale harder. her ratios are pretty good since she is a support anyway. what she does need is CDR. her base damages are rather low too (but I don't particularly mind). problem is, IMO, theres really no good CDR item for her.

i really dont know why they got rid of her passive CDR. :<

TheOddOne

Senior Recruiter

10-21-2010

It's one thing to just have bad ratios (like Annie) but it's another to have terrible bases AND bad ratios AND high cooldowns (Except on Lux's Ult). The problem is Lux has all of those problems so she comes off as being unpowered for most of the fight because her initial burst is weak and she's not going to be casting for a bit.

Drewizzle

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotSure View Post
In most of the Lux is UP post one of the more common complaints I see is that Lux has bad AP scaling. So I though I would run some numbers. Keep in mind that this does not take into account DOT, AOE, cooldowns and if its a shield, heal or damage. Its just how much extra does the champ get from 1 AP.

[Zilean ] [ .9 0 0 3.0 ] [3.9]
[Soraka ] [ .25 1.0 .6 1.3 ] [3.15]
[Morg ] [ .9 .2 .8 .9 ] [2.8]
[Janna ] [ .75 .8 .9 .175 ] [2.625]
[Vigar ] [ .6 1.0 0 1.0 ] [2.6]
[Swain ] [ .9 .7 .8 .2 ] [2.6]
[Tric ] [ .9 .5 1.0 .2 ] [2.6]
[Lux ] [ .7 .3 .6 .75 ] [2.35]
[Ezreal ] [ 0 .7 .75 .8 ] [2.25]
[Anni ] [ .6 .6 .2 .7 ] [2.1]
[Kennen ] [ .66 .45 .55 .33 ] [1.99]
[Sona ] [ .6 .5 0 .7 ] [1.8]
[Kayle ] [ .8 .5 .3 0 ] [1.6]
[Karthus ] [ .6 0 .25 .7 ] [1.55]
[Anivia ] [ .5 0 .5 0.25 ] [1.25]
[Ryze ] [ .45 .2 .38 0 ] [1.03]

These are some of the other casters and support champs seems like she is just middle of the road to me.
Your math here would be a lot better if you didn't add them all together for whatever reason. That part has nothing to do with anything considering some of these aren't actual spells.

Pinith

10-21-2010

Clearly every caster in the game will use each ability once, then exit the fight. All dots will tick exactly once, and all aoes will hit exactly one target
---
The champions at the bottom of your list have good AP scaling because they have low cooldowns and dot/aoe effects (sona,karthus,anivia,ryze). Kayle gets to add her AP ratio to every single auto attack, which is amazing scaling.

Lux has long cooldowns on her spells, and they aren't easy to hit multiple targets with (except the death laser)

RoccoSacco

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuredragon653 View Post
Multiple ticks still count when dealing with scaling.

Morgana's soil ticks 5 times at .2 ratio each time. It's not a 1.0 ratio, but it's also not a .2 ratio. Generally, it's pretty safe to take the average of the max and the lowest, meaning it would be .6.
Do people even read or just post. I said that it does not take into account the DOT IE damage of time. or AOE. I don't have the 2 days that it would take to make the chart that does and I think she would still be in the middle of the road on that also because she has 3 AOEs and a 2 target spell.

RoccoSacco

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormsoul View Post
her ratios are decent, but it's also a problem of long CD's and low base numbers that she suffers from. i think she'll be fine after the change that lets her passive proc on spell hits goes through. after that she'll be in a pretty good spot, her w might still need some tweaking but overall she's a solid support. outdone by morgana and sona of course, but they're not totally balanced to begin with.

i can see her doing a lot more damage once her passive gets changed though. lucent singularity a few people, then follow it up with a death laser to ignite your passive on everybody hit? hell yes.
Not really on topic I'm not saying anything about where she is OP or UP just that she doesn't have bad AP scales.

Azuredragon653

10-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotSure View Post
Do people even read or just post. I said that it does not take into account the DOT IE damage of time. or AOE. I don't have the 2 days that it would take to make the chart that does and I think she would still be in the middle of the road on that also because she has 3 AOEs and a 2 target spell.
I know. But it makes me wonder why you make this thread when it shows completely irrelevant information.