@ Riot - Please give Sakura Karma her kimono back!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lunaria

03-21-2013

traditional karma should get the same treatment as well. It is a massive improvement

Aranjah

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunaria View Post
traditional karma should get the same treatment as well. It is a massive improvement
I agree with this for sure. The change looks really good and would be more similar to traditional Karma's dress.

Diysalis

03-21-2013

So XRayAlpha and JesterCapp busted their asses and made time to make this a reality

Oh. My. God. They did more than just bust their asses! Ququroon if you read this I want you to run over to XRayAlpha and JesterCapp right now and hug them for me! It can't be just a normal old hug, it has to be the most amazing hug in the world!! Go ahead! I'll continue what I have to say when you get back.

The whole team that has been working on Karma has been outstanding, like words can't even describe the awe I am in right now. And to XRay and Jester, oh my gosh this is like phenomenal work! No, phenomenal isn't a good enough word to describe this. I don't even know if there IS words to describe the wonderful work you did! You deserve to be brought out to lunch or dinner somewhere! Riot! Take these two out for a meal!

But in all seriousness, I had been willing to sit back and be like "Okay I can live with Sakura Karma if they switch up the colors and make it blend better." I was willing to compromise the kimono for better blended colors. And then I log on today and see this and my mind was completely blown. What you two have done for Sakura Karma is beyond words and I personally want to thank you both for such hard work and the time that was put in to this.

Thank you. Thank you to the whole team working on the Karma Rework, the effort you put in to this really shows. This is what really makes you guys at Riot stand out more than any other gaming company in my opinion. I can't express enough how grateful I am to everyone there. So thank you again for everything you guys are doing. <3

KazeKins

03-21-2013

Quote:
Yeah that would be so awesome!! it will feel like old karma

Severian NA

03-21-2013

Quote:
I couldn't agree more, maybe it is easy to do now that they pulled it of (and so nicely!) with sakura. While I am dreaming. Imagine if they could somehow give one or both the old idle animation (with fans)! Or maybe that would be asking too much, I am not an animator. The idle, primarily, but also the walk and the joke, are the animations that make Karma (with the fans and the dress). If even just the idle were preserved I would feel like I got to keep her. Though I don't know if I am asking for the moon. Its far away and stuff. Maybe one of the animators can fill us in on how hard it would be. I'd like to know.

Ah, don't get the wrong idea, I tried the new sakura today, and I actually felt awe. This is what I expected from Riot. Even if they couldn't copy the old kimono I grew to love due to the new animations, this one is beautiful and completely in the spirit of the old. And they went to such lengths to make us happy, I feel kinda guilty for hoping they can do more. I hope the animators take this as a compliment too. When I felt the loss of the dress and the fans, it wasn't the items themselves. It was the animations that tied in with them that brought Karma to life. And the joke of course. (To me, and I hear a lot of other people feel the same way). Even if her combat animations are different, if she can bring out the fans and the old idle I would be so happy! But I will stop talking now XD

Traumlos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

First, I want to say that I love what you guys did with the kimono. It looks way better now. However... I'd still like a refund for the Sakura skin. It's not the same skin that I bought. ): And I know that I'm never ever going to use it again. I just don't like the way that the pink looks with the green- and I do actually really like pink and green as a color combination. Something just feels off about it, and it makes me a bit sad that it's no longer what I actually bought. Again- really glad you changed the bottom half of her outfit, but... personally, I am still not sold on the rework. No disrespect, just want to know if I'll even have the option to get my money back, as again, it isn't the skin that I paid for.

Adonna

03-21-2013

I'd like to say that I always liked this skin and the update is good, my only issue is why lose her fans A geisha isn't complete without them. I know its been replaced with whatever that floating thing is but can you at least bring back the fan for her dance or taunt or something. Karma was her fans, without them it just doesn't feel like karma any more. I do like the uhhh floating this as well, just saying. Thanks!

KínseySíx

03-21-2013

That looks a thousand times better!. The whole thing has cohesion now. It no longer looks like you took a geisha's torso and attached it to Lee Sin's pants ^_^

Incredibly impressed.

Ginger1231

03-21-2013

wow guys, you really did a good job!!!!

Faenux

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ququroon View Post
So as GrumpyMonkey, IronStylus and ohmikegoodness have explained, we had a few technical issues with Sakura Karma. Karma’s new animation set was rather pronounced, which meant a full dress was impractical. You’ve let us know how you felt about this, and there has been a bit of silence on our end. We didn’t want to say we could fix it if we couldn’t.

But we heard you, loud and clear. We agreed, she should be closer to her original Sakura concept. So XRayAlpha and JesterCapp busted their asses and made time to make this a reality. They, and us as a team, felt like there were more things we could do to make this work.

I feel like they totally nailed it out of the park.

Attachment 641123
It's MAGNIFICENT! But, she looks practically just like Irelia.