Restricted Chat Mode is Live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RaptorJesusss

03-20-2013

I would love an opt in feature for chat restriction. I find myself too easily drawn into arguments and stupid bickering. It would help keep me and others out of tribunal.

Epofisis

03-20-2013

why are you agree to give this opportunity to new players? and strongly disagree to give it to those who play lol since 1 or 2 years even since beta and were punished (permaban). Those who played before, did not had this oportunity, and many could change their attitude with this new system.

Who is troll, or a toxic player, is troll with or without his account.

Yoruichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorJesusss View Post
I would love an opt in feature for chat restriction. I find myself too easily drawn into arguments and stupid bickering. It would help keep me and others out of tribunal.
Take the enter key off your keyboard. Move the chat box off of your screen. Show an ounce of self control/maturity and just don't type.

I'm honestly surprised how much I'm seeing this request in the thread. Self control OP

cherubdash

03-21-2013

I find this not very reliable or good, if it was a troll, it will still be the same. Voting no to surrender, keep on feeding, etc. And if they didn't like being silent then they would easily make a new account, but what's the fun in that? They just get another excuse to be dead silent. Also, they could still make new accounts like I just said and nothing will stop them from continuing.

Linaeus

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherubdash View Post
I find this not very reliable or good, if it was a troll, it will still be the same. Voting no to surrender, keep on feeding, etc. And if they didn't like being silent then they would easily make a new account, but what's the fun in that? They just get another excuse to be dead silent. Also, they could still make new accounts like I just said and nothing will stop them from continuing.
This isn't for trolls, it is for ragers. They have a multi step system to apply and this is only the first part. I'm sure they have something for trolls as well.

Drevarius

Social Systems Designer

03-21-2013
12 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
i have been banned before but my chat isn't restricted
You earn restricted games at the time the Tribunal punishment is issued; you will not receive restrictions for punishments that occurred before the system went live.

BooredMaan

03-22-2013

So basically, Tribunal wasn't working as intended so they are trying something else.

So much for all the people saying it worked hahaha.

AGCrew Bloodwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooredMaan View Post
So basically, Tribunal wasn't working as intended so they are trying something else.

So much for all the people saying it worked hahaha.
Yes Tribunal has worked and keeps working... it's just seeking good behavior via a punishment that disables the chance you have to play the game.

Restricted chat also seeks good behavior, but via a different type of approach; you are still being held accountable just as you were before, but what they are taking away from you based on your behavior isn't as severe or game-impacting.

To put it simply: it's just a different method. The fact that it is different does not invalidate or render the previous one useless, it just changes how it tackles the problem at hand: in game toxicity.

Krystalmyth

03-22-2013

~

youcandobetter

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
Yes Tribunal has worked and keeps working... it's just seeking good behavior via a punishment that disables the chance you have to play the game.

Restricted chat also seeks good behavior, but via a different type of approach; you are still being held accountable just as you were before, but what they are taking away from you based on your behavior isn't as severe or game-impacting.

To put it simply: it's just a different method. The fact that it is different does not invalidate or render the previous one useless, it just changes how it tackles the problem at hand: in game toxicity.
FALSE! the tribunal works IN YOUR OPINION, because you THINK it keeps toxicity out of the game. I've been banned before, and am not ashamed to say that I have made new accounts to play the game, because it can be somewhat entertaining. I would have to say that in my ban, those reporting me have used worse language in their report(s) than I have even been banned for. The report/tribunal system is used for abuse just as much as it is used to prevent abuse. For instance, when someone says "everyone report tryn, he did this or that", one player that has a beef with another can't keep anything to himself but rather has to try to get as many sheep to follow him as possible. The antagonists go unpunished as they have their team and half the other support their view, when it is flawed and causes more rage in the end. Who is more toxic, the one who occasionally vents, or the one who causes everyone to turn on one person?