Restricted Chat Mode is Live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epofisis

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpredictability View Post
^ obviously not lol
Why not? some peopple deserve this chance.

MFKrazed

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epofisis View Post
Why not? some peopple deserve this chance.
Except if you have been permabanned, you don't. Lots of chances are given before a case escalates to that level.

Irisaurus Rex

03-20-2013

i logged in to be greeted with this message

The Shaco Bot

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ˆMakotoˆ View Post
Hi Lyte / Drevarius.

Will the match making system attempt to put restricted chat players with other restricted chat players or is it just normal as usual.

Also, if a player is restricted for chat, can't he still troll by actions, pregame and postgame, making it harder for people to report via tribunal. Since we have no access to pre-post chat we cant judge what the person does ahead of time.

their whole focusing for banns are on toxic commenting not toxic playing

this wont change for awhile I bet

Rocky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

i have been banned before but my chat isn't restricted

Niffo

Recruiter

03-20-2013

Would this feature work in the Tribunal, as in three options: Mute, Punish (Time Ban), Pardon?

Riot has really set the bar for a player managed community and I would hate to see that lowered by an automated process. If real players were making the decisions that would be better. They would more accurately determine the punishment (verbal abuse vs. throwing games) and it would be an interesting addition to Tribunal accuracy ratings with one more choice.

Drevarius

Social Systems Designer

03-20-2013
10 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookibaloush View Post
Hey drevarius , can we formulate a demand to have OUR OWN chat restricted? Also can we decide for howmuch time? I feel like a year of chat restricted would do the job for me
As Lyte mentioned earlier, this is something we are discussing internally. Whether we explore that depends on the results of our first few experiments.

hebble

03-20-2013

Will the Justice Review be updated to show when a Chat Restriction has been applied as opposed to a Time Ban?

Are there plans to have the Justice Review provide more insight in the length/type of ban as the number of ban types increases?

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drevarius View Post
We do not have any plans to reverse bans.
Do you guys have any plans to replace future traditional bans with this new system? Or is it going to be in addition to time bans for the foreseeable future?

Drevarius

Social Systems Designer

03-20-2013
11 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordAlpha View Post
Do you guys have any plans to replace future traditional bans with this new system? Or is it going to be in addition to time bans for the foreseeable future?
For this experiment, chat restrictions will be in addition to bans.

Our results on this experiment and others will inform whether we can start experimenting with banless punishments.