LCS Competition Ruling: Denial of Service Attacks Hexo

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KajaGrae

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobgrenade View Post
Riot's got no standing to do so. The user who got dosed could, and assuming the person who launched the DoS sucked pretty bad, the ISP logs might even help. Possibly. Assuming the ISP still has them.
Riot can. The user that initiated the DDoS has to obtain the IP address of the target user. They did so by accessing the Riot server first for the information.

Noobgrenade

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KajaGrae View Post
Riot can. The user that initiated the DDoS has to obtain the IP address of the target user. They did so by accessing the Riot server first for the information.
No need to access the Riot server for that info. You load some data directly from other users to save on server resources. If you watch your traffic when you start a game you can see everyone's IP.

NeonForestGreen

03-19-2013

Quote:
So, how exactly are you imagining that Riot should prove a DoS attack on someone else?
Not really sure riot needs any proof, there a mega game corp what ever they say goes, right now what there saying is letting people commit crimes using there game client.
nuff said

Minos157

03-19-2013

It can't be proven, so he is warned for threatening to do it. Fair to me.

Nintendude said, "Hit it," that could've been directed at literally anything. I mean he could've been telling his bot lane to hit the red and accidentely hit shift enter (I've done it) or maybe they were talking about some hot chick and he was telling his team mate to hit it.

Or maybe you know he is just responding to that all caps thresh who says, "CAN THIS BE AN ALL CAPS GAME?" to which his use of, "Hit it," is simply to tell Thresh to hit the caps lock key which also can be seen since Thresh follows with, "ALREADY THERE." Basically that phrase is no where near evidence enough to give him any punishment at all. If we had the chat logs from the friendly side maybe it would show more. Also if they were in on it together (duo queuing to boot) wouldn't they have been on voice chat anyway? Why would he need to type hit it?

I agree with Riot on this one, there is no hard proof so dole out a warning for the threat to do it. Basically the next time he is caught even threatening to do it he will be banned so I think they did a good job with Hexo. I also think that given there is nothing more than a simple phrase that could be used in 1000 different contexts in this game by Nintendude that his non-punishment also fits perfectly.

P1LLOWHUMP3R

03-19-2013

Jesus you guys dont understand all riot has is a chat log and a dc.
They have none of the proof required to prove an actual ddos happened.

Thats why helexo is saying what he is. He knows they dont and cant prove it.
The proof would have to come from the person who was attacked internet service provider
They are the ones monitoring traffic to the ip he has leased at the time.
Then its up to him and the isp to do something. If they do and they get back with riot with proof of an actual attack then thats different.

IrMonsters

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

even with the lack of proof on ddos their is more then enough proof on the elo boosting service that he did

FighterRanger

03-19-2013

This just proves solo q is srs business, more important than tournies.

Legendary Silver

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1LLOWHUMP3R View Post
Jesus you guys dont understand all riot has is a chat log and a dc.
They have none of the proof required to prove an actual ddos happened.

Thats why helexo is saying what he is. He knows they dont and cant prove it.
The proof would have to come from the person who was attacked internet service provider
They are the ones monitoring traffic to the ip he has leased at the time.
Then its up to him and the isp to do something. If they do and they get back with riot with proof of an actual attack then thats different.
Circumstantial evidence is still evidence. Jesus you don't understand law, or proof.

KajaGrae

03-19-2013

Quote:
No need to access the Riot server for that info. You load some data directly from other users to save on server resources. If you watch your traffic when you start a game you can see everyone's IP.

Still have to append the IP to user.

NeonForestGreen

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FighterRanger View Post
This just proves solo q is srs business, more important than tournies.
LULz that made my day thank you.