So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Letler

03-18-2013

Put her on PBE already... I want to see her in action pls thx now k.

BlazeAura

03-18-2013

Am I th eonly one that likes the old karma better?

ZeroSoulreaver

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeAura View Post
Am I the only one that likes the old karma better?
Nope...many like the old Karma better. This new one just looks a bit like too much of the same of what we already have in other APs.

Letler

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeAura View Post
Am I th eonly one that likes the old karma better?
How can you tell? All we have are ability descriptions and as we know champions tend to play differently then they are read. THE LIBRARY IS CLOSED!

Amadaun the 0th

03-18-2013

A decent way to make up for Karma being a 7 spell champ would be to have her gain bonus stats when Mantra comes off of CD, that go away when she uses Mantra.
Just a thought.

Amadaun the 0th

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letler View Post
How can you tell? All we have are ability descriptions and as we know champions tend to play differently then they are read. THE LIBRARY IS CLOSED!
Her passive.

Have a day.

Mysnomer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
Both Karma's Ult slot and Passive slot are used up by the same ability. This is bad. Her Ult isn't an ability in isolation, and her passive isn't...anything. It is literally just a function of her Ult. That's all her passive is. And that's what the problem is: For all her new functionality and potency, she's now the only champion without a passive.
I'd put Syndra in that group too, because while Shyvana's innate is to enhance her interactions with her abilities and may therefore affect how you play the game, Syndra's innate has no effect but to give you a slight bump in power at level 9, 13, 16, and 18. (And I do mean slight :\ ) As long as you were playing optimally by focusing on leveling one skill before the others, the innate does nothing to change your playstyle, and actually encourages only ever maxing one move first as opposed to allowing you to vary your gameplay. In the same way, neoKarma's innate adds little to your gameplay, as you were likely dealing damage anyway, it's such a trivial effect, it really doesn't deserve to have it's own slot. Inner Fire was infinitely better than this de-powering filler, depsite whatever BS Xelnath gave us 9_9 btw, Riot, getting a bonus for being in a dangerous situation does not mean that it's the optimal way to play, or that you're "encouraging" throwing oneself into that situation unprepared. It means that when you get into that situation, you have a bit of an insurance policy, and if you have planned well, you can take advantage of otherwise disadvantageous situations. But I'm not bitter that you don't want to reward skilled gameplay or anything, noooooope.

Lomilar

03-18-2013

My only concern is as follows:

Karma's appeal to me was the duality of her nature. Her Q could damage, but also heal. Her W could be applied to friend or foe, and her E could be used defensively, or offensively (on a minion + R). This duality feels essentially gone from her kit.

Her heal (one of the most powerful in teamfights) is nowhere to be seen, and while her abilities can still be used offensively and defensively (because of the nature of slows and roots), her ability to help friends, hinder enemies, do damage or shield (the diversity of her kit, essentially) has been replaced by mostly selfish abilities.

Were I king for a day, I would have focused my efforts around her two deficiencies: Terrible AP ratios due to her abilities all being AOE, fixing her as a mage, and the awkwardness of her W tether, fixing her feel.

Both of which could have been solved by the following:

Q, Damage. Q+R, Damage + Damage (of whichever flavor).

W on Ally: Speed + Self Speed. W+R on Ally: Speed + Heal over time. W on enemy: Speed + Slow, W+R on enemy: Speed + Slow + Health leech

How to fix W awkwardness: W line speeds allies, does nothing to enemies.

E stays the same.
R stays the same.

Primarch Mortis

03-18-2013

I'm impressed it really sounds like she can fit her role as a support better, and now is a stand alone mage on her own. I also believe she will actually be able to give leblanc a run for her money they can both root each other but she can heal while doing it, shield herself from the some of the burst and...oh the possibilities!

Spectre543

03-18-2013

Well isn't that special?

http://i.imgur.com/IcX7G.jpg