So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginrai Enerjak View Post
It seemed to me that you were suggesting that having her passive not function when enemies were not present was fine the way it was, and then comparing Karma to similar champions whose passives relate to their ults.

-Ginrai Enerjak
I literally said that wasn't the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
Neither does Wukong, but that's not the point. The point is Karma doesn't have a passive. She has Mantra's mechanical workings masquerading as a passive.

The only other champions who have a passive that interacts only with their Ultimate are Jayce and Elise, both of whom are transforming champions. Karma is in a similar but different boat, because her passive is merely managing the cooldown of one of her abilities, rather than a speed boost to motivate frequent switching or spiders.
Please quote my whole quote. Don't chunk it up.

Dobyk

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyumai View Post
I think she'll be quite viable as an AP mid or AP top. I have no doubts that she'll see more play now with these changes so It's a good thing for the champion. Heimer and Poppy will be so jealous!

She'll probably be useful in certain team combinations (as I mentioned previously) but I do feel she's not going to be a great support pick.

Having said that no one would be happier to be wrong on this point than I. I'd love for Karma to be an effective support champion. I just don't see how that can be without her being toxic. That's another discussion for another day. Certainly one I'll wait to see how she is on PBE before elaborating on.

Still, I think she looks great, and I really like the look of the traditional skin. I think overall Riot is probably handling this quite well.

While I don't like the direction Karma is taking at least they are finally actively making changes to improve a champion that has been such an underdog for so long. It's a good thing, I just wish they progressed in a way that left Karma as a viable support pick (as I feel with these changes she won't be that viable as a support champion).

Still, I could be wrong.
Sounds like another support player like me is getting his heart broken over Karma's prospect as an AP mid and not support

Featherfox

03-17-2013

Quote:
Sounds like another support player like me is getting his heart broken over Karma's prospect as an AP mid and not support
Q = Slow
W = Root
E = Shield + Speed Boost

Mantra Q = AoE slow-fields
Mantra W = Sustain from Poke
Mantra E = RUN FROM THE JUNGLER!!!!!

How is that not a support? You even get rewarded by her passive to poke the enemy for pickpocket gold...

- Featherfox

HombreElefante

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2013

my favourite champ changed : OO...omg, i hope this
new mechanics works, cause i love to play with her and i
don't want to change my main

Whyumai

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobyk View Post
I'm kinda hoping I'm wrong and she'll be a great support.

Still either way, she (visually) looks great (imo).

Dobyk

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyumai View Post
I'm kinda hoping I'm wrong and she'll be a great support.

Still either way, she (visually) looks great (imo).
YES, she is so gorgeous And the traditional skin is actually really, really good. Oh well, I love mid as well, time to practice mid before HER HIGHNESS THE DUCHESS OF IONIA ARRIVES

watern

03-17-2013

i liked the old passive, she got harder as lower and gave a challenge like that
i feel that is part of what made her, her. strength in trouble. thats no longer there

Whyumai

03-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobyk View Post
YES, she is so gorgeous And the traditional skin is actually really, really good. Oh well, I love mid as well, time to practice mid before HER HIGHNESS THE DUCHESS OF IONIA ARRIVES

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2013

Any character with a shield can be an awesome support.

MabiScott

03-17-2013

So basically, you're removing Karma from the game, and throwing in someone else with the same name and slight similarities in her skills.... that's nice. I miss Karma already T_T

EDIT: I mean, I recognize that its for the better but still.. I just enjoyed playing it the way it was. Oh well, it was good times, I just hope I can enjoy new Karma as much as old Karma.