So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GreetingsGoodbye

03-16-2013

I fail to see the "karma" in this Karma.

Now that everyone has seen where Riot has decided to take her, I will repost this clearly (thematically) superior kit which is the culmination of a few Karma fans who know what Karma should be. Of course, it's not perfect, and Riot could adjust it according to how they see fit, but this is much closer to the way it should have been:

Passive Yin State: Karma gains 2 points of Armor every time she is hit by a champion auto attack (max 150 armor), and 1 point of Magic Resistance whenever she is hit with a spell (max 75 MR). Karma gains 250 health if either of these bonuses become maxed (max 500). These bonuses are permanent to Karma in either state. While in the Yin State, Karma is surrounded by a white aura, in the yang state, a black aura.

Passive Yang State: Karma gains 1 AP whenever she is hit by a spell (max 100), and .05% Cooldown Reduction whenever she is hit by a Champion auto attack (max 20%). If either of these bonuses become become maxed, Karma gains 15 armor penetration (max 30). These bonuses are permanent to Karma in either state. While in the Yang State, Karma is surrounded by a black aura.

(Q) Heavenly Wave Cost: 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90 / 95

Yin State: Karma sends forth hidden blades from her fans, healing herself and her allies in a cone for 55 / 75 / 95 / 115 / 135 / 155. An additional 5% (+1% per 50 ability power above 25) of health the targets are missing is added to the heal. Enemies caught in the cone are knocked back in the direction the spell was cast. The closer the enemies are to Karma, the further they are knocked back.

Yang State: Karma sends forth a wave of hidden blades from her fans, dealing 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230 / 270 (+0.6 per ability power) magic damage to enemy units in a cone in front of her.

(W) Spirit Bond Cost: 65 / 75 / 85 / 95 / 105 / 115

Yin State: Karma anchors a white beam to an ally. The ally and Karma gain 20 / 22 / 24 / 26 / 28 / 30 % movement speed and 30% increased armor and Magic Resistance as long as they are anchored (max 6 seconds). Allies who pass through the beam gain also gain the movement speed bonus, and 15% increased armor and magic resistance for 3 seconds.

Yang State: Karma anchors a black beam to an enemy. The anchored enemy loses 10 / 12 / 14 / 16 / 18 / 20 % movement speed, 30% decreased armor and 30% magic resistance as long as they are anchored (max 6 seconds). Enemies who pass through this beam also suffer the movement speed penalty for 3 seconds, along with having their armor and magic resistance lowered by 15% for 3 seconds.

(E) Soul Shield Cost: 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120

Yin State: Karma summons a white protective shield on an ally or herself that absorbs 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 / 260 / 300 (+0.8 per ability power) damage for 5 seconds. When the shield expires, it explodes in a large radius, healing all nearby allies for 55 / 75 / 95 / 115 / 135 / 155 health (+.5 per ability power).

Yang State: Karma summons a black damaging aura on an ally or herself that deals 50 / 70 / 90 /110 / 130 / 150 (+0.5 per ability power) damage every 1.5 seconds to nearby enemies second for 4.5 seconds. When the aura expires, it explodes, dealing 100/140/220/260/300 (+0.7 per ability power) damage in a small radius to nearby enemies. The aura will not explode if the champion carrying the aura is killed before the aura expires.

(R) Equity of Will -- No Cost

Equity of Will is the replacement ult to Mantra. Like Mantra, it is available at level 1. It does not require points to level up; it does so automatically at 6, 11, and 16.

Active: Allows Karma to switch between the Yin State and the Yang State, granting her spells different abilities depending on the State used. Karma may change her state once every 6 / 4 / 2 seconds. The state change timer is unaffected by cooldown reduction.

Why Riot pays no mind to something like this, I have no idea.

SushiSummon

03-16-2013

I think the new passive should be R's passive and Inner Flame should stay as Karma's innate passive

EDIT: I also think she should be able to heal others as well - maybe through the W? In addition, the W should still have the same effect as the old W (tether passing through enemies will slow and damage them for the same amount, but in addition, passing it through allies heal them (with Mantra bonus) and grant movement speed)

EDIT (again): When Q (mantra bonus) passes through an ally or when the ally goes into the AoE, they should be healed - same amount as the old Q. Disregard the heal in the above edit if this is better.

Galamere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreetingsGoodbye View Post
I fail to see the "karma" in this Karma.

Now that everyone has seen where Riot has decided to take her, I will repost this clearly (thematically) superior kit which is the culmination of a few Karma fans who know what Karma should be. Of course, it's not perfect, and Riot could adjust it according to how they see fit, but this is much closer to the way it should have been:

Passive Yin State: Karma gains 2 points of Armor every time she is hit by a champion auto attack (max 150 armor), and 1 point of Magic Resistance whenever she is hit with a spell (max 75 MR). Karma gains 250 health if either of these bonuses become maxed (max 500). These bonuses are permanent to Karma in either state. While in the Yin State, Karma is surrounded by a white aura, in the yang state, a black aura.

Passive Yang State: Karma gains 1 AP whenever she is hit by a spell (max 100), and .05% Cooldown Reduction whenever she is hit by a Champion auto attack (max 20%). If either of these bonuses become become maxed, Karma gains 15 armor penetration (max 30). These bonuses are permanent to Karma in either state. While in the Yang State, Karma is surrounded by a black aura.

(Q) Heavenly Wave Cost: 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90 / 95

Yin State: Karma sends forth hidden blades from her fans, healing herself and her allies in a cone for 55 / 75 / 95 / 115 / 135 / 155. An additional 5% (+1% per 50 ability power above 25) of health the targets are missing is added to the heal. Enemies caught in the cone are knocked back in the direction the spell was cast. The closer the enemies are to Karma, the further they are knocked back.

Yang State: Karma sends forth a wave of hidden blades from her fans, dealing 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230 / 270 (+0.6 per ability power) magic damage to enemy units in a cone in front of her.

(W) Spirit Bond Cost: 65 / 75 / 85 / 95 / 105 / 115

Yin State: Karma anchors a white beam to an ally. The ally and Karma gain 20 / 22 / 24 / 26 / 28 / 30 % movement speed and 30% increased armor and Magic Resistance as long as they are anchored (max 6 seconds). Allies who pass through the beam gain also gain the movement speed bonus, and 15% increased armor and magic resistance for 3 seconds.

Yang State: Karma anchors a black beam to an enemy. The anchored enemy loses 10 / 12 / 14 / 16 / 18 / 20 % movement speed, 30% decreased armor and 30% magic resistance as long as they are anchored (max 6 seconds). Enemies who pass through this beam also suffer the movement speed penalty for 3 seconds, along with having their armor and magic resistance lowered by 15% for 3 seconds.

(E) Soul Shield Cost: 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120

Yin State: Karma summons a white protective shield on an ally or herself that absorbs 100 / 140 / 180 / 220 / 260 / 300 (+0.8 per ability power) damage for 5 seconds. When the shield expires, it explodes in a large radius, healing all nearby allies for 55 / 75 / 95 / 115 / 135 / 155 health (+.5 per ability power).

Yang State: Karma summons a black damaging aura on an ally or herself that deals 50 / 70 / 90 /110 / 130 / 150 (+0.5 per ability power) damage every 1.5 seconds to nearby enemies second for 4.5 seconds. When the aura expires, it explodes, dealing 100/140/220/260/300 (+0.7 per ability power) damage in a small radius to nearby enemies. The aura will not explode if the champion carrying the aura is killed before the aura expires.

(R) Equity of Will -- No Cost

Equity of Will is the replacement ult to Mantra. Like Mantra, it is available at level 1. It does not require points to level up; it does so automatically at 6, 11, and 16.

Active: Allows Karma to switch between the Yin State and the Yang State, granting her spells different abilities depending on the State used. Karma may change her state once every 6 / 4 / 2 seconds. The state change timer is unaffected by cooldown reduction.

Why Riot pays no mind to something like this, I have no idea.
It's my opinion, but I find this the far superior fix, you have to make the choice in your states, stay one way for longer makes you a mage, the other a tank-y support. Though I think that the numbers need a lot of work (max bonuses in the passive, amount of slow and resistance de-buff, ETC) I still think this is quite solid.

+1

EmergencySalad

03-16-2013

People are complaining about the changed passive (which I will miss) but if you've noticed, a few of the mantra charged abilities are given extra damage, and her new passive sort of synergizes. Although, it depends on the reduction for Mantra cooldown. If its significant, I would accept it as a new passive; If its smaller, than I might want to have it inserted into Mantra itself...

Still excited though.

GreetingsGoodbye

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galamere View Post
It's my opinion, but I find this the far superior fix, you have to make the choice in your states, stay one way for longer makes you a mage, the other a tank-y support. Though I think that the numbers need a lot of work (max bonuses in the passive, amount of slow and resistance de-buff, ETC) I still think this is quite solid.

+1
I 100% agree the numbers need working on, for sure. No question. But I'm glad to see someone finally giving this the thumbs up. After what Riot decided to do with her, I had a feeling this might be taken a little more seriously by the fan base. I believe the reason no one took it seriously before is because they had faith that Riot would do Karma right, and not take an easy way out.

Personally, I was 90% sure they'd be quite lazy with it. Sure enough...

And btw... besides being solid, as you put it, doesn't it just seem like so much more FUN than what Riot came up with? And isn't that the reason Karma players have continued to endure the punishment of actually playing her to this point? Because, underneath all the pain, there's this compelling promise of FUN? That's how it's been for me. I was hoping that promise would be fulfilled by the rework, but personally speaking, I'm not feeling it.

Appull

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

I only have one question for Morello and any other red that I'd like the rest of you all posting here to back me up on.

What is your official response to all the negative feedback from the diehard Karma fans. I don't mean us complaining about the change. But us saying that this champ should just have a new name and Karma get the QoL we think she deserved and the nerf you seem to think she deserved.

I'm open to hearing the business reason not the political reason. If it's you don't have enough employees, your putting the old Karma on the back burner for a surprise release under a different name later(after given plenty of time to make the appropriate balancing changes), or something like that.

All these complaints are basically the same and I made a thread earlier that hit all the key points and even the business areas that I could think of. But right now I think we just need a short solid answer even if it is only "we will see how the PBE turns out before discussing further" which I'm sure would upset most people but we'd accept it then gladly pick up this discussion again when it is an available topic(even if it isn't available like now XD)

EDIT: gotta love that troll downvote button and no responses. Sorry I wanted an intelligent discussion and a voice of reason from a red. How dare I try to offer a solution instead of continuing to whine.

Appull

03-16-2013

does anyone have an issue with what i just posted?

GreetingsGoodbye

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appull View Post
does anyone have an issue with what i just posted?
I honestly believe that if you really want this to change, you should jump behind something that has substance right NOW. Namely, the kit I posted ^. Maybe if enough people stand behind it and hoot and holler, they'll rethink the whole thing.

We've waited this long, surely we can wait longer.

Appull

03-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreetingsGoodbye View Post
I honestly believe that if you really want this to change, you should jump behind something that has substance right NOW. Namely, the kit I posted ^. Maybe if enough people stand behind it and hoot and holler, they'll rethink the whole thing.

We've waited this long, surely we can wait longer.
I've been watching this all day and they've made it clear they aren't going to make any changes before pbe or even look at our posts. That's why I just want this one simple thing answered so THEN we jump behind something instead of jumping around like we have been. I mean soooooo many balanced kits have been suggested and a solution or counterpoint has been made to every issue a red has mentioned so that's not the issue. That's why I want a clear answer from a red on what is going on and what questions are they actually asking to get responses on. Because I know they aren't going to read all 350 pages of this.

ihaveapotion

03-16-2013

Just keep it up constructively, dont let anyone demean us to be 'just upset' or 'whining'.
Keep up the volume.

Dont let riot make a grave mistake, we should be able to point out their flaws when there.