So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bendy V

03-15-2013

Couldn't her reworked passive just be a part of "Mantra" and then bring back at least something similar to her old passive? From reading this, it is as if she doesn't have any real passive at all

MdevilM2

03-15-2013

The more I look at her kit, the more I feel my support senses begin to tingle; I'm looking forward to using her.

mofoey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

this is not the karma i know and love

BigBananaBoat

03-15-2013

Im freaking gushing right now you have no ideaaaaaa

Duskmelt

03-15-2013

This reworked Karma is too different from what Karma fans liked. Could we at least move her reworked passive to her ult and get Inner Flame back as her passive? To compensate, numbers could be adjusted to bring it down in line with her current kit.

Shaxtenn

03-15-2013

This is depressing. It feels like they bought into the "karma sux can't support can't mage" groupthink and redesigned her on the basis of that.

I see a little correct insight regarding her abilities requiring that your teammates also know how to play Karma (using Spirit Bond correctly, and trusting that you'll mantra shield after they initiate) but that's it. No analysis of WHY she makes a weak support (no hard CC means she lacks item-independent late-game scaling - all her scaling comes from AP). No observation of the problems created by Karma's weak range, both on abilities and autoattacks. No acknowledgment of her AOE strength, or how well she works with strong initiating bruisers (eg. AP Karma + Xin/Vi/Shen/Lee/Jax/Voli etc). No observation of her ability to be a successful lane bully in solo lane against opponents who lack certain attributes.

Another thing that bugs me is they say Karma has "confusing aesthetics". Ok. So they're replacing them with a strong, distinctive, archetypal theme? No, they're replacing them with an aesthetic that is also weak, confusing, and vague.

I could handle that, but for two reasons. One is the replacement splash art, abandoning her distinctive fans for weird antler things, and turning her from one of the vanishingly few demure and elegant female champs into another leggy Escher girl who'd make the Hawkeye Initiative weep and run looking for a cervical collar and a back brace.

Two is that Karma actually had some of the cleverest gameplay execution of a central design concept of any League champion. Her theme was duality. This was indicated by the yin-yang symbol displayed in the background of her splash art, on her dress, in the symbol of her Inner Flame passive, and lore-wise more metaphorically in the give/take, war/peace, acquiescent/steadfast nature of her role as an Ionian diplomat. Each of her abilities could be both supportive and offensive, simultaneously. Heavenly Wave simultaneously damages enemies and heals allies in AOE. Soul Shield simultaneously shields an ally and damages enemies in AOE. Spirit Bond simultaneously hastes allies and damages enemies in AOE. I have previously raved about the cleverness of her design, so it is disappointing to see that largely replaced.

I feel uneasy that they are redesigning a champion they don't seem to understand.

However they did the same thing to Kayle, and she eventually turned out ok (far better than, after a couple too many buffs and a few new items), so I will just try and be optimistic. I do appreciate the free legacy art skin, which is very considerate and shows understanding of Karma's admittedly extremely small fanbase.

Bakabridget

03-15-2013

I'm mostly upset of the removal of heavenly wave. That was my favorite ability name.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaxtenn View Post
However they did the same thing to Kayle, and she eventually turned out ok (far better than, after a couple too many buffs and a few new items), so I will just try and be optimistic.
She didn't turn out OK she turned out OP, there's a difference. No matter how you look at it her kit lost all semblance of synergy and lacks real identity (is she ranged or not?). 3 second invulnerability on a 37 second cooldown post CDR is broken plain and simple. Kayle is the type who needs this kind of remake.

Carsick

03-15-2013

Not sure if this has been brought up, but ... this new kit means she can no longer heal her teammates. Why was this change made?

cocacolalips

03-15-2013

Spirit Bond was my favourite ability in the game.

R.I.P.